26 replies to this topic

#1 MightySlacker

MightySlacker

A Chump's Chump!

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

9/28 EDIT:

We are going to be open Friday no later than 8AM for breakfast, and will stay open a little later than usual (probably around 6 PM) since registration and tech will be open at that time. Saturday we will be open around 7:30AM, and will stay open for the long haul, probably closing between 1-2PM on Sunday.

We will be doing the coffee bands as well - $10 gets you coffee through the weekend. We are also offering teams a 10% discount/rebate if they spend over $100 at the stand over the weekend (friday included. This can be either cash back on your way out, or the money off your last "meal" you purchase at the stand.

There are also a few more menu additions being finalized. We will be making copies of the concession menu, as well as the Chump-specific stuff available at the front gate when you first show up, as well as at the stand. If you have any other questions beforehand, you can post or message/email me, otherwise see everyone next weekend.

Dave

Hey Chumps,

My name is Dave Olson, and I'm the new food boss at Nelson Ledges. This is our second year running the concession stand (now titled Dave & Toni's Pit Stop); I also worked at the track for the previous 5 years corner working and catering specific events. "Enjoying" the previous concession regimes while painful at the time has certainly helped in fixing some of the issues people have had previously.

I can assure you the food is significantly better than it has previously been. We were in charge of the Lemons 09 hospitality tent (we snuck out some food to a few teams. I hope maybe a few people that did the UsedCar 24 last year, or happened to be there for a Porsche or BMW club event can vouch for us. I'll take the pepsi challenge against any other track food you've eaten this year, so do not let previous issues be a deterrent to trying us out.

Attached is a PDF of this year's concession menu. We've had a couple of adds (philly steak for example), but its pretty accurate otherwise. We also have rotating weekend specials (brats, meatball subs, etc), so we'll see what the weather does. If it's gonna be frosty like it was back with the Lemons race, Toni has a arsenal of great homemade soups (chicken noodle, chicken tortilla, minestrone, cheesy potato) to warm you up.

HOURS: For the T/T on friday, we will be open an hour before track goes hot for breakfast. We will close no later than 3:00 PM, but we might stay open a little later for chumps arriving late for registration or whatnot. Saturday, we will be open at 7 AM for breakfast and will be open for the duration, rain or shine. No exceptions.

LOCATION: We are at the base of the timing tower, in-between T/S and medical on the map chump has provided. Depending on how weather and paddock space shakes down, we might open a second smaller stand just for drinks and smaller snacks somewhere on the infield, so if you want something small you don't have to hike all the way to the stand.

ARRANGEMENTS: I am willing to make specific food arrangements with teams if you want. Perhaps you would like to "pre-order" your food to be ready at a specific time for your team, we can do that. While endurance races are nice in that when there isn't a designated eating break and people generally space themselves out, we will also be doing food for staff and workers so it might be convenient for you. If I can get enough assistance, I will try to provide a delivery service to bring it to you. If you plan on getting most of your food from the stand, I'd also be willing to discuss a discount for feeding your team.

Any questions, comments, suggestions, etc. please feel free to post here, or PM/email me and I will get back to you ASAP. See you all in October.

Dave Olson

Attached File  NLRC_CONCESSION2.pdf   40.03KB   36 downloads

#2 Jeff G 78

Jeff G 78

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 2,485 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the info Dave. I was at the miserable '09 NL race and I'm REALLY hoping that the weather cooperates this year. I look forward to stopping at your stand.

#3 dogtired

dogtired

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 4,026 posts
  • LocationAngier, NC

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

so, food and coffee all night long Saturday night? kewl. thanks Dave.

soup ............ mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

#4 posnova

posnova

Technology Dude v 2.0

• Regional Staff
  • 2,256 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

Bonus points for use of the word arsenal when describing food.

#5 former artist stigdad

former artist stigdad

Master Chump!

• Regional Staff
  • 5,850 posts
  • Locationall 48 at anytime

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

Awesome Dave. You,good sir,will be utilized. Have you concidered expanding to say,oh about 90percent of all the other tracks in america?

#6 davisriley

davisriley

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:00 AM

Sounds great, thanks! See you then.

#7 MightySlacker

MightySlacker

A Chump's Chump!

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

Awesome Dave. You,good sir,will be utilized. Have you concidered expanding to say,oh about 90percent of all the other tracks in america?

We get that a lot. Maybe we'll franchise?

#8 mostmint

mostmint

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationWadsworth Ohio

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

I can vouch for the pork sandwich.

Dave even shows up for private events at the track if you have enough people. Starbucks, Subway, Dave and Toni's...

#9 FJ40Jim

FJ40Jim

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio, USA

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

X2, I can vouch for the food, especially a breakfast burrito and hot coffee at about 05:45 sunday after feeling my way 'round the track for 2.5hrs. A real morale booster at that point.

Glad to hear Dave & Toni will be back!B)

#10 gatewench

gatewench

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

so, food and coffee all night long Saturday night? kewl. thanks Dave.

soup ............ mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

OMG! Toni's chicken noodle soup.

#11 TestDriver

TestDriver

Joe Average Chump

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSE Michigan

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:07 AM

X2, I can vouch for the food, especially a breakfast burrito and hot coffee at about 05:45 sunday after feeling my way 'round the track for 2.5hrs. A real morale booster at that point.

Glad to hear Dave & Toni will be back!B)

I did not see breakfast burritos on the menu. Will there be some?

#12 FJ40Jim

FJ40Jim

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio, USA

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Hmm, my race-addled memory is a burrito. But I could be wrong (unlikely, but possible).
What i definitely remember is Dave frying up some sausage & eggs while I stood there, and me chowing it down hot off the griddle. Coulda been a sammich. Didn't stare at it very long.:rolleyes:

#13 dogtired

dogtired

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 4,026 posts
  • LocationAngier, NC

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

Hmm, my race-addled memory is a burrito. But I could be wrong (unlikely, but possible).
What i definitely remember is Dave frying up some sausage & eggs while I stood there, and me chowing it down hot off the griddle. Coulda been a sammich. Didn't stare at it very long.:rolleyes:

chorizo?

#14 MightySlacker

MightySlacker

A Chump's Chump!

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

Yup, if it was a breakfast burrito it wasn't me. There's really no reason why I cant put a breakfast sandwich inside a tortilla though. I'll certainly have some specials that aren't listed on that menu. Thinking about some waffle dogs - sausage on a stick dipped in waffle batter and tossed in the fryer.

I haven't completely nailed down what I'll offer teams discount-wise, but I was thinking along the lines of "Spend $100 over the course of the weekend (friday included), get 10% off your total" - that do anything for anyone? Other ideas?

#15 davisriley

davisriley

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:44 AM

One suggestion is to run a coffee deal, if the coffe cart that was there the last time we ran there isn't going to be there. They ran one where it was $10 bucks, and it was all the coffee you could drink in a 24 hour period. Worked very well, I think . At least I really liked it.

#16 MightySlacker

MightySlacker

A Chump's Chump!

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

One suggestion is to run a coffee deal, if the coffe cart that was there the last time we ran there isn't going to be there. They ran one where it was $10 bucks, and it was all the coffee you could drink in a 24 hour period. Worked very well, I think . At least I really liked it.

As of now the Buzz cart will not be there this year, and if that stays the same I will do a coffee band deal - seems like it would be convenient for some and probably for us as well.

Dave

#17 MightySlacker

MightySlacker

A Chump's Chump!

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

A few menu adds (probably a few more to come)

For breakfast, we will be adding biscuits and gravy, as well as waffle/pancake dogs (a breakfast kinda corndog with sausage dipped in waffle/pancake batter).

Sometime saturday afternoon, there will be meatball subs.

There will also be homemade soup in the evening, late evening, so I'll put it up to a vote. here are your choices:

Chicken noodle
Chili
Chicken tortilla
Minnestrone
Potato cheese

Dave

#18 dogtired

dogtired

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 4,026 posts
  • LocationAngier, NC

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

A few menu adds (probably a few more to come)

For breakfast, we will be adding biscuits and gravy, as well as waffle/pancake dogs (a breakfast kinda corndog with sausage dipped in waffle/pancake batter).

Sometime saturday afternoon, there will be meatball subs.

There will also be homemade soup in the evening, late evening, so I'll put it up to a vote. here are your choices:

(1)Chicken noodle
Chili
Chicken tortilla
(3)Minnestrone
(2)Potato cheese

Dave

#19 MightySlacker

MightySlacker

A Chump's Chump!

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

We are going to be open Friday no later than 8AM for breakfast, and will stay open a little later than usual (probably around 6 PM) since registration and tech will be open at that time. Saturday we will be open around 7:30AM, and will stay open for the long haul, probably closing between 1-2PM on Sunday.

We will be doing the coffee bands as well - $10 gets you coffee through the weekend. We are also offering teams a 10% discount/rebate if they spend over $100 at the stand over the weekend (friday included. This can be either cash back on your way out, or the money off your last "meal" you purchase at the stand.

There are also a few more menu additions being finalized. We will be making copies of the concession menu, as well as the Chump-specific stuff available at the front gate when you first show up, as well as at the stand. If you have any other questions beforehand, you can post or message/email me, otherwise see everyone next weekend.

Dave

#20 skytrooper

skytrooper

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationFarmington, NY

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

Sounds great !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users