21 replies to this topic

#1 BMWRob

BMWRob

Master Chump!

• Administrators
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

It's been a great two years campaigning this car but the team has been separated due to work relocations so we've decided it's time to let the car go. This is the red #22 WillRaceForBeer.com 1985 Alfa Romeo GTV-6 that took third both days at Putnam last year, third on Saturday at BeaveRun this year, and was leading the Sunday BeaveRun race when the head gasket let go due to the driver not watching the temp gauge. The car is fun to drive, fast, LEGAL, and proven to be podium-capable even with a team of wildly mixed experience/skill levels.

Full build details are available upon request; car is currently not running due to the engine having an extra hole in it that was not in the original design specification. The likely-rebuildable engine that let go at BeaveRun is included and having sourced the currently-ventilated one less than two months ago, I can tell you they are surprisingly easy to find, with several available for under $400, complete. I just don't have the time (or desire) to do another engine swap. There is a massive pile of spares included (two NIB sets of front Carbotech pads, NIB rear Carbotech pads, NIB front rotors, NIB rear rotors, take-off rotors and pads for front and rear, 18 wheels, rebuilt spindles, rebuilt front calipers, etc. etc.) as well as AIV documentation that took several months to develop (the car has never received penalty laps). The car is setup with a "big boy" Ultrashield seat on Sparco sliders and can accommodate almost any size driver, making this a great project for a new team this winter - drop in another engine (or rebuild one) and the car is ready to go.

The car is currently in Pittsburgh, PA. Email me at chumpcar@willraceforbeer.com for more info. Given that there is $4500 in just the custom cage and fuel cell setup, we are asking $5,000 for everything, including 4 binders containing a copy of the factory manual.

#2 Jeff G 78

Jeff G 78

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 2,581 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

Sorry to see the car go. I LOVED the sound of the Alfa V6 at GingerMan last year.

#3 krek

krek

Flying The ChumpCar Flag

• Members
  • 1,826 posts
  • LocationSHO Me State

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

We will miss pitting next to you guys whenever they arrange us my car number. :(

#4 BMWRob

BMWRob

Master Chump!

• Administrators
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

While the car is going, you guys aren't getting rid of me that easily. :)

#5 tdh

tdh

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

This car was the first car I've ever raced in. A TON of fun to drive.

#6 dsycks

dsycks

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • LocationHocking Hills Ohio

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

Also sorry to see this car looking for a new home. Look forward to seeing what you do next.

Keep me in the looP as to what you are up to!

#7 Rockford Brodie

Rockford Brodie

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationGolden, CO

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:57 PM

Keep me in the loo as to what you are up to!

I understand why you'd want to stay informed, but why do you need to be locked in a bathroom as well?

#8 dsycks

dsycks

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:30 AM

Fixed. :lol:

#9 Jeff G 78

Jeff G 78

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 2,581 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:27 AM

While the car is going, you guys aren't getting rid of me that easily. :)

We don't car about you. We'll just miss the Alfa. :lol: j/k

#10 dsycks

dsycks

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

Yeah... I don't think it was Rob making that cool noise going down the track... IT WAS THE ALFA!!!

#11 csadn

csadn

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

I understand why you'd want to stay informed, but why do you need to be locked in a bathroom as well?

" o/~ For the key to the powder room, you see/ Is the key to the structure of the agency! o/~ "
["Harvey and Sheila", Allan Sherman]

#12 ChampDIRTS

ChampDIRTS

Master Chump!

• Administrators
  • 6,339 posts
  • Locationall 48 at anytime

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

" o/~ For the key to the powder room, you see/ Is the key to the structure of the agency! o/~ " ["Harvey and Sheila", Allan Sherman]

WOW! An Allan Sherman reference...that does NOT happen everyday! There has to be an award for that.

#13 csadn

csadn

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

WOW! An Allan Sherman reference...that does NOT happen everyday! There has to be an award for that.

Yes -- the George S. Patton "I Habitually Scare The S*** Out Of People By Referring To Events I Could Not Possibly Have Been Present At As If I Was There" Award.

I won it so many times, I now hold Emeritus Status. :)

#14 BMWRob

BMWRob

Master Chump!

• Administrators
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

Back to the top... if $5k is too much, make us an offer. The worst we'll do is haggle, nothing rates a flat-out no. B)

#15 BMWRob

BMWRob

Master Chump!

• Administrators
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Back to the top one more time... please make an offer so I don't have to part this thing out a SECOND time. :)

#16 dsycks

dsycks

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

Ummm... well, it did puke the trans? How much does it weigh? I guess I could figure scrap price.

ARGH! Beautiful car. Someone give it a home!

#17 Salna

Salna

Master Chump!

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

My team and I are interested. We are giving preference to local cars and race-ready ones. Still evaluating the options out there but you've been on our list for a while! :)

We are worried about availability of parts for the Alfa, and have never worked on an Alfa (let alone do an engine swap). We want to make a decision early Jan so we can be ready for March races.

#18 BMWRob

BMWRob

Master Chump!

• Administrators
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Trans is still running fine, we added a complete cooler setup to it for the Chumpionship which fixed the issues we had with it. Weighs about 2300lbs.

PRE-SEASON FIRE SALE (as in, buy it before I set it on fire)... $3000? Make us an offer so it doesn't go to the crusher!

#19 BMWRob

BMWRob

Master Chump!

• Administrators
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

The Alfa is sold pending payment! It's going to the west coast to a team running a couple of them.

#20 ChampDIRTS

ChampDIRTS

Master Chump!

• Administrators
  • 6,339 posts
  • Locationall 48 at anytime

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

The Alfa is sold pending payment! It's going to the west coast to a team running a couple of them.

good news rob... congratz! I think we got our shadow sold also. yea more room in the shop. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users