bbqman

2017 dates

59 posts in this topic

They have released the schedule south of the border.

Do you have dates set up yet for Canada?

Thank you!!

Calabogie and Mosport are on our track bucket list.

1 person likes this

Personally I would like to see a mid June or early July Bogie and an early to mid September Chumpionship at Mosport.

They have to push hard for tremblant !

We would love to go to Tremblant. I thought the the powers that be didn't want Chumpcar there.

50 minutes ago, Richard said:

Personally I would like to see a mid June or early July Bogie and an early to mid September Chumpionship at Mosport.

I am sure that the staff are really working hard to accommodate this specific request! 

What I want and what's best for everyone else seldom jibe, so let the dates fall where they may.

1 person likes this

lets just hope less dates will equal more cars!

15 hours ago, Rich said:

lets just hope less dates will equal more cars!

Well.. I think it may have had something to do with bunching 3 races within a 6 week span.

1 hour ago, KSRD said:

Well.. I think it may have had something to do with bunching 3 races within a 6 week span.

I think that's only part of it.   When the 2016 calendar first came out we thought it was awesome:   Mosport & 'bogie 3 times each!  That means we'll have lots of choices for our 2 planned outings! (then injuries made that 0 outings but that's beside the point).    Reality is if other teams can only budget for 2-4 events as well, you can't fill 6 grids no matter how well they're spaced without more teams.

Edited by mcewena

Is there any consideration being made for the folks out west?  Is Castrol back on the calendar or is there a date being negotiated at Area27 now that they are open?

1 hour ago, Al36rx7 said:

Is there any consideration being made for the folks out west?  Is Castrol back on the calendar or is there a date being negotiated at Area27 now that they are open?

Yes Wendy said Castrol is for sure in 2017, likely the August long weekend again.

I crossed the border into Canada today and nothing happened boring it took less time then a Chump pit stop.  Of course I did not have any guns, drugs or $10,000 cashnthat they seem concerned about.

9 hours ago, Mellow Mike said:

I crossed the border into Canada today and nothing happened boring it took less time then a Chump pit stop.  Of course I did not have any guns, drugs or $10,000 cashnthat they seem concerned about.

They should know...  Anybody with a racecar ain't got $10,000 on em....or they'd already have another racecar or more tools. :-D 

Edited by Ham Sammich
1 person likes this

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:20 AM, Mellow Mike said:

You can legally cross with $10,000 or more you just need to declare it upon entry. Keep in mind it must be declared if the currency is valued at $10,000 Canadian or more. So for instance $7,467.00 in US currency must be declared at the current exchange rate.

But my point is moot anyways because of This....

They should know...  Anybody with a racecar ain't got $10,000 on em....or they'd already have another racecar or more tools. :-D 

1 person likes this

My Personal Wish to Maybe Finally go Watch/Maybe take part in a Race would be to add another track or 2 in Southern Ontario, I'm thinking Grand Bend Motorplex or Toronto Motorsports Park/Cayuga. Both those would be Closer to me than Mosport (1 hour 20 Minutes-1 1/2 Hour Drive compared to 2-2 1/2 hour drive to Mosport.

if Mosport were to get 3 dates, maybe take 2 of the 3 & Give 1 to the other tracks so the 3 Tracks would have a Date each.

Edited by Lord Letto

Area 27 would be huge if that could be negotiated.  I have a hard time believing there wouldn't be a number of folks from the PNW, BC and AB that wouldn't make that trip...Just sayin'

1 person likes this

If area 27 is a go, we are there. I know a few more who would go to that one too!

Out west, having two tracks (Castrol 12+12) and another(Area 27!!) would go a long way to growing the brand, as well as attracting some of the US teams up here.  Additionally, some teams are racing Lucky Dog, Lemons, etc. because it fits with their travel and budget restraints, but would prefer to race Chump - and area 27 would attract alot of those teams!

18 hours ago, Darin said:

as well as attracting some of the US teams up here.  Additionally, some teams are racing Lucky Dog, Lemons, etc. because it fits with their travel and budget restraints, but would prefer to race Chump - and area 27 would attract alot of those teams!

It might be different out west because of the lack of tracks in the pnw, but i don't know how may americans will cross the border.  the large majority won't cross to run at Mosport even with their dollar being 25% more.  

4 hours ago, IDFCRacing said:

It might be different out west because of the lack of tracks in the pnw, but i don't know how may americans will cross the border.  the large majority won't cross to run at Mosport even with their dollar being 25% more.  

How come?  I have noticed a general reluctance for americans to cross the border before - any thoughts as to why?

37 minutes ago, Darin said:

How come?  I have noticed a general reluctance for americans to cross the border before - any thoughts as to why?

Need a passport

Can't bring guns.

DUI on record.

Lots of good tracks at home.

FUD around border crossing.

Lack of visibility of Canada generally and ChumpcarCanada specifically.

1 person likes this

Haha, DUI, no guns....

The passport thing seems bonkers to me, who doesn't have a passport?!

If I were living in NW USA and there was a place I could drive to and race where my dollar went 25% further, I would be willing to risk being away from my precious, precious guns and make the trip.