Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Strong

Welcome to the new Live Stream Forum

10 posts in this topic

I am trying to make it super simple to setup and run live streams from your race car or pit lane.

Why?

Because you can!
It is also cool to allow family and friends the chance to watch you drive at over 100+ mph, dicing through traffic at your favorite race track.

Paul and I will try and help you guys get setup. We have great contacts at RaceCast who hosts the live stream videos allowing playback and who allow ChumpCar to take those feeds and rebroadcast them into our Chumpcast Live! feeds.

1 person likes this

Easiest setup I have used and the only setup I have used is using GoCoder and live streaming to Racecast.me.  We have done this at two tracks Laguna Seca and Barber.  Both using the AT&T wireless network.   We have had zero issues with streaming in the car.  We bought a $30 mount from amazon; it is a little shaky but it works.  The only issue we had at Barber was the phone turned off for some reason at the start of the race.  I must have had the strap around the power button.  After that it worked fine. 

You can view replays at http://live.racecast.me/profile/racecyr

2 people like this

Trying to get this set up for Team Uboot for LVMS.  We have the cerevo liveshell2 and verizon jetpack 6620L.  Right now the problem is I can't make the wifi connection between the two.  I tried various wifi settings on the 6620L but no dice.  I can connect to the 6620L with other devices, and I can connect the liveshell2 via ethernet.  

thanks

Robert

1 hour ago, Team Uboot said:

Trying to get this set up for Team Uboot for LVMS.  We have the cerevo liveshell2 and verizon jetpack 6620L.  Right now the problem is I can't make the wifi connection between the two.  I tried various wifi settings on the 6620L but no dice.  I can connect to the 6620L with other devices, and I can connect the liveshell2 via ethernet.  

thanks

Robert

I was just configuring a new LiveShell.2 for a customer and drafted the first two portions of a new article called "Configuring a Cerevo LiveShell for use with RaceCast.me".  The "Initial LiveShell Setup" portion and the "Connecting a Liveshell to Wifi" portion are in good draft form now and may be useful to you.

https://medium.com/@racecast.me/configuring-a-cerevo-liveshell-for-use-with-racecast-me-aaa70b400cf4

Kyle

1 person likes this

Thanks for posting that doc Kyle, it's really helpful to see step-by-step what worked for someone.  That really limits that amount of things I have to try on my end.  Unfortunately it still isn't connecting to wifi.  For example, when I choose the wifi scan route it does not show any of the available wifi networks.  I'll keep playing around with it, but I'm not very hopeful.  Overall, I would NOT recommend the cerevo to other users; it definitely gives me the impression of not being a fully developed product.  The unit often locks up, documentation is flat-out wrong in many places (although your guide goes a long way towards fixing things), etc.

Finally got it working (at least wifi ==> racecast.me connect, won't actually have camera until tomorrow).   The fix appears to have been to change the security on the 6620L jetpack to "WPA2/Personal PSK", also 2.4GHz (not 5 GHz) with channel = automatic.  I also syched the WiFi name and password to the cerevo unit using the 3.5mm headphone jack cable .. the scan method used in Kyle's document unfortunately never recognized any of the wifi networks in my house.   I also manually verified the "cipher" method was set to WPA/WPA2 in the wifi#1 configuration scrren on the cervo (see Kyle's doc, but scroll right a couple of times the "ESSID").  Oh, and to make this whole thing that more fun, when I did all of the above it didn't actually work right away..I had to try about 2-3 times until it finally established a handshake with the 6620L and then connected to racecast...

Whew, felt about as tough as a 2hr chump stint, but quite a bit longer...tomorrow I'll try the camera.

- Robert

1 person likes this

I had some issues as well. But once I started playing with the https://shell.cerevo.com/login page, it is now less of a headache and fun to use device. 

I was a bit in over my head at first. lol.

Once you get the basics down, it is a rather easy product to use and keep running. Once it is up and running, there are some really cool addictions that you can add using the above link. Like overlays etc.
Put your overlays in the lower right corner.

don't forget to sign-up for the race at https://live.racecast.me/event/5853022021bdb1b80d200a8d

update: with no changes to settings, it quit working today.  Now gives a "DHCP error" when it connects to wifi hotspot, then goes into "Discovering WiFi dongle" and just sits there.  Wasted more time on the cerevo dashboard playing with settings, re-initializing to factory default and going thru the whole setup procedure again.  Same error.  Maybe it's just a flaky unit.  Guess I'll contact cerevo next.  If I could do it again I sure wouldn't go down this particular path.

Edited by Team Uboot

I have seen this and just rebooted the Cerevo. 

Seriously, I have 2 units and have not seen these issues you have happen as much as they do.. I would call their support folks and see what they say.

update: returned previous unit, got a new one (typical no hassle process thru Amazon).  Worked like a champ 1st time out of the box.  Guess they have a few QC issues to sort thru at Cerevo.  Looking at a test stream right now on racecast and it's looks great.  I think we're ready for LVMS now.

1 person likes this