swrving

Official 2017 ChumpCar Canada Date Thread

38 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ChumpTruck said:

Any idea how new chumps building a new car can get in on this??? What date is the proposed Calabogie race?

The attached image has the message/email. It's the Canadian enduro one.

My own thoughts are that this proposed race is risky. We were told numerous times last year in the drivers meetings we need your support. But now this race is planned two weeks away from the glen. So now the field is split with one weekend to turn around the car. Unless your a keener and work on weeknights. 

I dont like being put into positions where I have to choose one over the other.

IMG_4316.PNG

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

My own thoughts are that this proposed race is risky. We were told numerous times last year in the drivers meetings we need your support. But now this race is planned two weeks away from the glen. So now the field is split with one weekend to turn around the car. Unless your a keener and work on weeknights. 

I dont like being put into positions where I have to choose one over the other.

Agreed.  I replied to Wendy's email and indicated that we are already committed to the May WGI race and regrettably we cannot support the proposed May Calabogie race.  She appreciated the feedback and also indicated that registration should be opening soon for July 1 CTMP and Sep 30 Calabogie.

Also agree.  Also noted to Wendy that we are previously committed at this point.

On a related note, lets get that registration open and GET IT ON! 

Looking warm this weekend so the fuel tank could be going back on and the rear suspension all bolted back in place.  A few odds and ends, swap in a new trans to fix our failing syncros and we should be ready to go.

Wendy,

Our team would be interested in this race, we can't make the Glenn this year so we are looking for something else.

Ron

Ok so the major problem of getting a date at a certain track and the delay of the Canadian Chump schedule has been explained in the e-mail... "Ferrari takes priority over us".. 

I have the solution.

We're always changing our name... My team has a new name. "The Sunfirarri"

A bit of a body kit because you can get a Ferrari kit for anything

I go incognito

All I have to do is not be last and when they realize they got beat by a Chumpcar they'll want a rematch

Chumpcars vs. Ferraris grudge match?  

Boom there's our date.

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Wendy,

Our team would be interested in this race, we can't make the Glenn this year so we are looking for something else.

Ron

Unless something has changed from last  year, Wendy doesn't frequent the board too often.  I'm sure she would like to hear from you, email her at wendy@chumpcarcanada.com.

Any idea how new chumps building a new car can get in on this??? What date is the proposed Calabogie race?

ChumpTruck,

Has your question been answered yet?  

ChumpTruck,

Has your question been answered yet?  

Yes, Mopar 4 Life answered my question with the screenshot of the email.

1 person likes this

Once the new website is up and running that should allow for registrations to begin.

Glad to read that as we are a new team building a ChumpCar. We should make it to Mosport in July and Calabogie at the end of September.

3 people like this

Glad to read that as we are a new team building a ChumpCar. We should make it to Mosport in July and Calabogie at the end of September.

Bonjour mes amis.

Welcome to the fun.

2 people like this