THill

Where are you racing in 2017?

68 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

We just finished putting together our calendar for 2017 and curious who else is competing at some of these races...
Any gems we might be missing?

Chump dates will always be a priority, but we've also included a couple AER this season as they seem to fit our other race schedules and hit some fun tracks.

Lets see some more team plans for this season!

2017_ChumpSchedule.jpg

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, THill said:

Hey guys,

We just finished putting together our calendar for 2017 and curious who else is competing at some of these races...

Chump dates will always be a priority, but we've also included a couple AER this season as they seem to fit our other race schedules and hit some fun tracks.

2017_ChumpSchedule.jpg

Whoa, can I just come live in your trailer?

4 people like this

We think we're doing OK with 7 endurance races on our calendar this year. 3x Chumpcar at VIR, then we have some flexibility still on who and when we run WGI, NJMP, Summit Point, and/or Mid-Ohio.

Did you guys know the Canada schedule has been partially released?  July 1-2 Mosport, Double 8, Sept 30-Oct 1 Bogie, Double 8.

Our team is planning on both of those, plus Watkins in May.  Time will tell if we can squeeze one more in.

For a Honda team, these events may warrant another look:

We are doing Autobahn Country Club June 3/4 - This will be a 12+6, and hasn't been raced by Chump since 2014. Nice facility, momentum track with some sacrifice corners. Chump may not be back for a couple years so this is a "can't miss" event for us (NCM / RA / etc. are on the calendar every year!!).

Gingerman is also on the schedule (August 26/27) - This is one of the $600 entry events, so I'm hoping for a big draw. This is a pure handling track and tough to get 'right', very fun.

1 person likes this

@Ron_e Everyone's welcome, but you'll need to stay quiet when we cross the border! ;)

@thewheelerZ We'll create & post a specific ChumpCar Canada schedule once theirs is official. Hopefully it'll make sense for us to sponsor the series again and support Chump in Canada.
As of right now, we've blocked off the September weekend at CMP, but may have to split resources for the July 1-2 as we've already committed to the Porsche Cup race at Watkins Glen that weekend.
@enginerd Unfortunately Autobahn & Gingerman conflict with other races already, but once of these days we'll get there!

Our plans...

April Road America

June Autobahn

August. Gingerman

volunteer at Road America in October

December. Barber

Road Atlanta

Mid Ohio (maybe)

Watkins Glen

Mosport (maybe)

Gingerman

PIRC

AMP

It's going to be a busy year for us.

2 people like this

Road Atlanta 

Daytona

Watkins Glen

Sebring 

AMP ( East Chumpionship ! ) 

Sebring II

2 hours ago, THill said:

Hey guys,

2017_ChumpSchedule.jpg

You need to rename the team DEEP POCKETS RACING ! :) 

2 people like this

Hillbilly Racing will do 3 at VIR and Watkins Glen if nothing significant breaks.

1 person likes this

IF we can get the whole team together, probably NCM since it's pretty close to St. Louis and Gateway is gone.  If not that, also looking at Hallett or Heartland Park with WRL.  Those are both bucket-list tracks for me.  Either way, sounds like we're only going to be able to do 1 race, if that

We are upping our plans to 3.  We are only racing Chump.

Watkins Glen

Thompson

Pittsburgh

With no Chump Gateway race this year, we're doing all WRL

Road Atlanta

Road America (finally get to drive the kink)

Heartland Park Topeka (newly repaved)

Mid-Ohio

Then TBD (maybe two of the three) not sure yet.  

AER @ National Corvette Museum

WRL at COTA

WRL at VIR

2 people like this

7 hours ago, THill said:

Hey guys,

Why aren't you guys racing in Canada at all, at least at your home track?  

Road Atlanta and Sebring for sure. Usually Daytona since it's only 2 hours away but ready to replace this race with a bucket list track like Watkins Glen, Road America, or COTA. Anyone have a transporter recommendation? 

1 person likes this

It looks like we will see you quite a bit this year. If we qualify for the Eastern Chumpionship then we would head down to AMP as well.

FB_IMG_1483153740790.jpg

2 people like this

He is my VERY tentative schedule...

Mid Ohio (if the car is done)

Watkins Glen (I WILL be there for this one!)

maybe NCM (if I can convince my wife and team)

PIRC.

So far, these 4 are for sure:

With Premium Dudes, Autobahn and Gingerman. With my team, Road Atlanta, and Road America (full) with WRL.

I will also do some racing on the east coast with a 3rd team. 

So with much debate and thought here is our planned races for 2017. Still some details to figure out but it's mostly there.

RACE#1
Feb. 10/11/12 Road Atlanta AER
Neon

RACE#2
April ... Saved for possible Quebec race.
Back up plan would be chump Daytona on April 1st

neon or turbo Doom Cruiser

RACE#3
May 27/28 Chump Watkins Glen D7
Neon/Doom Cruiser

RACE#4
JUNE 17/18 Chump National Corvette Museum 8+7
Neon or Doom Cruiser

RACE#5
July 1 Chump Canada day weekend. Mosport
Neon/Doom Cruiser

RACE#6
August ??? Nova Scotia ???
Or...
Aug.26/27 Gingerman 8+7

neon or Doom Cruiser

RACE#7

Sept. 23/24 WRL Mid-Ohio 8+7
Doom Cruiser

RACE #8

Sept.30 Chump Canada calabogie

neon

RACE #9
Dec.8/9 Chump Barber D7
Or
Oct. 28/29 Chump AMP D8

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

RACE#6
August ??? Nova Scotia ???
Or...
Aug.26/27 Gingerman 8+7

neon or Doom Cruiser

Both!  Need all the East and Canada teams to come make Gingerman super competitive this year :)

Jesus.... pending a possible no April Quebec race I see the new turbo rule falling under some serious scrutiny.;)  No longer content just making people cry because they got beat by a PT, now sending people into depression spirals for getting a royal whopping by a PT Cruiser!

7 minutes ago, Hi_Im_Will said:

Both!  Need all the East and Canada teams to come make Gingerman super competitive this year :)

I'm sure you will easily crush everyone. One day I hope to get my track record back from you, although that will be really really tough. 

Do I still have the MIS record, or did you break that? I assume someone will beat my Autobahn record this year too. 

3 minutes ago, red0 said:

I'm sure you will easily crush everyone. One day I hope to get my track record back from you, although that will be really really tough. 

Do I still have the MIS record, or did you break that? I assume someone will beat my Autobahn record this year too. 

I think all records will fall.  Consider this year and next the permitted steroids turbo and swap years of dominance.  

2 people like this

24 minutes ago, Hi_Im_Will said:

I do have unfinished business there. Back in 2010 I had my first on track incident. I hit that damn 3 legged deer in the neon at night. 

Would love to go go back with the Cruiser and finish the job.

4 people like this

29 minutes ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

I do have unfinished business there. Back in 2010 I had my first on track incident. I hit that damn 3 legged deer in the neon at night. 

Would love to go go back with the Cruiser and finish the job.

Hahahaha, YES!

I can see the headlines now - 

M4L Doom Cruiser limps to victory after impact with 3 legged deer. 

1 person likes this