THill

Where are you racing in 2017?

68 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

So your telling a Canadian. To go to WGI instead of mosport?

lol

well.... Not really.

I somehow failed to mention that Ron was from Canadia......  Also, I was thinking he was from the west coast... like Oregon or California....

So, to those individuals who are from the west coast of the US and can only attend 1 East coast race, I would suggest Watkins Glen. 

I apologize to any Canadians who may or may not have been offended (We will never know...).

1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

well.... Not really.

I somehow failed to mention that Ron was from Canadia......  Also, I was thinking he was from the west coast... like Oregon or California....

So, to those individuals who are from the west coast of the US and can only attend 1 East coast race, I would suggest Watkins Glen. 

I apologize to any Canadians who may or may not have been offended (We will never know...).

I as an 'murican who has been to both tracks say that Mosport is better than the Glen. But i also think Thunderhill is one of the best tracks in 'Murica so what the frack do i know. 

Yes Thunderhill is freaking awesome.  Yes the thought is Mosport and one other eastern race close-ish to the border.  Because Mosport.  Because Canadian dollar.  Because racing at a new track.  

2 people like this

3 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

It *is* possible for Canadians to be from The West Coast -- Canada also spans the continent, you know. :) (Portland's Rose Festival Fleet has a Canadian contingent every year; usually they are outgunned by one of the larger USCG cutters....)

4 hours ago, thewheelerZ said:

Just leave the car after the Watkins race, fly home for a month, fly back for Mosport then drive it all home!  I know you want to know what your Stang will do up the Andretti straight!

There are a lot of canadians that come to this race. Just ask someone to drive it to Mosport for ya.

19 hours ago, Ron_e said:

That is the possible plan, leaving it parked there and flying back home in between.  

Let me know if you get stuck for a storage spot, we might be able to scrounge up a spot if you can't find anything else. It may not be super convenient, but it could work. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, thewheelerZ said:

Let me know if you get stuck for a storage spot, we might be able to scrounge up a spot if you can't find anything else. It may not be super convenient, but it could work. 

Thanks, it would be a large two car hauler as we travel with another team to make it economic.  

Watkins for me this year may be just to hang out at the Lodge.... racing is overrated there.

Tyler- I'm with ya buddy!

2 people like this

On 1/13/2017 at 7:07 PM, csadn said:

It *is* possible for Canadians to be from The West Coast -- Canada also spans the continent, you know. :) (Portland's Rose Festival Fleet has a Canadian contingent every year; usually they are outgunned by one of the larger USCG cutters....)

Yes, I know

Hence, I added the clarification that I thought their team was from Cali or oregon.

Sorry to offend all cartographers, geographists, and north americans.

Wgi should be attended for the party.

1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Sorry to offend all cartographers, geographists, and north americans.

Historians, as well. ;)

I suppose it's only fair -- sometimes when I mention I'm from Oregon, people assume I'm Canadian.... [eyeroll]

Am I mising something or is there really no PNW races.  I didnt see oregon, seattle, spokane, portland..... etc

Am I mising something or is there really no PNW races.  I didnt see oregon, seattle, spokane, portland..... etc

Evergreen Speedway - Washington - August

Pacific was on the schedule but now it is not. I know they had said they needed more than the 3 entries they had at the beginning of February to be able to continue so I am guessing it was cancelled? I didn't see any talk of it on the forum but I may have missed it.

Evergreen Speedway - Washington - August

Pacific was on the schedule but now it is not. I know they had said they needed more than the 3 entries they had at the beginning of February to be able to continue so I am guessing it was cancelled? I didn't see any talk of it on the forum but I may have missed it.

PIR's open in October -- just don't make it sprints, because there's no interest in them out here.

No love for the region that started chump.

Team Sahlen is excited to be returning for our 7th season of racing with ChumpCar World Series.  We are tentatively planning to enter 3 events in ChumpCar in 2017 with our 3 Mazda RX7s - Mustard, Ketchup and Charcoal.  1st will be the "Sahlen's Chumpyard DOG at the Glen" at Watkins Glen International, then we will be racing for the 1st time ever at the recently opened NCM Motorsports Park at the "Racing Radios Grand Course Enduro",,,and finally the "Pittsburgh Grand Prix" at Pittsburgh International Race Complex.   ChumpCar: Great Series, Great Racing, Great Competitors, Lots of Fun!

2017schedule.JPG

3 people like this

Team Sahlen is excited to be returning for our 7th season of racing with ChumpCar World Series.  We are tentatively planning to enter 3 events in ChumpCar in 2017 with our 3 Mazda RX7s - Mustard, Ketchup and Charcoal.  1st will be the "Sahlen's Chumpyard DOG at the Glen" at Watkins Glen International, then we will be racing for the 1st time ever at the recently opened NCM Motorsports Park at the "Racing Radios Grand Course Enduro",,,and finally the "Pittsburgh Grand Prix" at Pittsburgh International Race Complex.   ChumpCar: Great Series, Great Racing, Great Competitors, Lots of Fun!

749956.png

While we are also squarely in the Not Worthy camp, I just signed up for Mid-Ohio - I've had the Wagon stored for the winter in Warren OH so a short enough tow on the dolly from there. We're likely to do PIRC - free lodging at Peter's house makes it a winner even though we can never dream of competing with those Sahlen RX7...

Anything more? Send a note to my boss to lobby for a better bonus this year and perhaps I could justify one more event? Two high school sons so my $$ tends to get diverted to something called College Funds at the discretion of my wife!