64 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, okkustom said:

Woo going way back only Harleys for me I guess I was a biker ,only dated dancing girls , made fenders fat tanks and all the trick paint jobs before anybody  paid big money for it .. 1200 kick start sporty was my only transportation for 18 months after some chick ran a red light  and landed on my 71 vette totaling it .. them was tha days .. that sport ruled all my buds big thumping hogs ..    About 15 years ago ended up with this Honda v4 something or other in a loan a guy some money deal that went bad ..  any how put it on the road and it won't much till 9000 rpm but from 9 to 12.5 stuff happens really quick .. and no HD nowhere can do what that thing did  .. now one my pals has a collection  of the type  bikes yall are talking about here I just welded up a frame for one of them that he had that was totaled with 15 miles on it ..  I'll find out what it is in a few days and report back he is selling off a few and might have something cool for sale ..  I'm getting  a 1972   250  Honda from him and going to Bob it up ..

This one? This is probably one of the ads I remember most from that time period.

21 hours ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

Starting to cross the line from bike collection to bike hoarder.😂

No way.

That ad totally worked too.  Friend of mine bought a V65 based on that ad.  He was broke as hell.... didn't stop him when he saw the ad.  :P

We were roommates, he ended up eating a lot of macaroni and cheese, it was the old days before Ramen became the "broke dude" food of choice.  :D

Edited by Ham Sammich

Yeah that kinda looks like it .. didn't have it long .  Had a deal to do some work trucks for a friend another bud of mine ownes a Maco a little over a 100 miles away . I'd knock out some dents throw the Honda in the back take the truck to him and ride the ricer back , he painted them cheaper than I could  buy the paint , when it was done I'd ride back down and pick it up .  Did that seven times so I only rode it a couple thousand miles and had it about a year.. Just never got used to crusing at 4000 rpm ..but like I said wind that thing up shift gears  quickly cause it's time to shift again an oh yeah hold on !!!

Not quite sure why I bought this one- maybe it was the low price, maybe because he was going to deliver it or maybe it reminded me of my race bike from 1991. Anyways its in the garage, a runner and maybe my vintage race bike.

CBR600f2 1994 carl.jpg

'90 CB1 - sold. Loved that bike. Brother's old GS500 in the background

dad's '99 Laverda Ghost Strike and my (sold) '03 Monster S4

brother's headache FZR400 along with my S4

current scooter - '03 M620Sie (I'm in love)

cb1.jpg

lav and s4.jpg

fzr400 and s4.jpg

620S.jpg

Edited by Squadron Wng Cmdr

Oh, and this. My 50cc chinese rental for the three days I spent in Savannah over New Years. Most fun I've had on two wheels in recent memory. Highlights were achieving 55 degree lean angles on cobblestone streets with my girlfriend on the back, and nearly dying many, many times.

50cc.jpg

I bought a $60 GPZ550 parts bike today... just to get the Kawa crests off the OE exhaust.....don't think I can go wrong.

He says that he bought this house 2 years ago and is just getting around to cleaning out the basement... and this bike is not his....  $60... CDN , thats like $25 USD....

$_27 (1).JPG

Edited by bbqman
can't spell late at night
2 people like this

2 hours ago, bbqman said:

I bought a $60 GPZ550 parts bike today... just to get the Kawa crests off the OE exhaust.....don't think I can go wrong.

He says that he bought this house 2 years ago and is just getting around to cleaning out the basement... and this bike is not his....  $60... CDN , thats like $25 USD....

$_27 (1).JPG

I had one of those, bought it for $600 in 1990 sold it for 600 in 95. fun bike.

Well the label from the exhaust will go on this beauty to make it almost perfect.

Paid $1400 CDN was offered $5000 last month.

gpz550 first sight.JPG

2 people like this

so I brought the bike home today. Its a real project bike- abandoned. Most parts look real iffy EXCEPT the mufflers- and the Kawa crests are nice,

I am happy.

I did it again Saturday.........

YZ125, super fun and dirt cheap. Money wise it's like comparing chumpcar with Ferrari Challenge.

Sadly neglected since chumpcar....

InShot_20170123_215509.jpg

I hear you- I am so involved in racing and Chumpcar that my new year resolution is to spend more time with the bikes- at the expense of Chumpcar... sadly....