86 posts in this topic

Well, since we're on obscure movies that feature motorcycles:

257829_full-770x552.jpg

Edited by mender

4 hours ago, csadn said:

It's the Delta Mk. IV from the infamous cinematic suppository _MegaForce_ ("Hal Needham Makes A War Movie"); it's apparently a Suzuki RM 125 with a body kit:

http://www.megaforcehq.com/megamisc_megac1.html

For more data on this flick:

http://www.megaforcehq.com/index2.html

It surprises me I've never see a "MegaFarce" theme in any of the cheap-car-racing series.

Guess I know what I'm watching tonight...

Not sure how obscure this show is, but I'd like to build a clone of this bad boy some day.

box003.jpg

well if we are going to talk bike movies- I can say that after seeing the circle burn out in Mad Max- I knew that was my calling. I became one of the most ridiculous  hooligans that rode a bike in Montreal- soon I found that I was not alone.

Mad Max- Z900 Kzs wow..... 

On 1/24/2017 at 10:19 PM, mender said:

Has anyone heard about any new car scams? I have a customer with a '65 Mustang notchback that I did a bunch of work on (stroker, etc) that is changing cars and put it up for sale. He was contacted by a guy four provinces over and he's willing to buy the car for the asking price without seeing it in person or driving it or having an independent look at it, etc.

Money to be transferred before the car gets shipped and he's checked it out with his bank but I'm still concerned. Anyone see anything odd here, or are people more trusting in Montreal? :huh: What else does he need to do to make sure he gets the money for the next project?

And you can deal with it like this as well.

pretty funny

5 hours ago, csadn said:

It's the Delta Mk. IV from the infamous cinematic suppository _MegaForce_ ("Hal Needham Makes A War Movie"); it's apparently a Suzuki RM 125 with a body kit:

http://www.megaforcehq.com/megamisc_megac1.html

For more data on this flick:

http://www.megaforcehq.com/index2.html

It surprises me I've never see a "MegaFarce" theme in any of the cheap-car-racing series.

Be the first on your block?

A couple of years ago I did a little bit of a run-around with a scammer that had posted an ad for an ML500. I replied to it and asked where I could see it. The usual "it's in perfect condition, can ship it immediately, here are the details of how to send the money to me so we can ship it". I asked again where it was so I could look at it and take it for a test drive. They said they'd get it inspected by a Mercedes-Benz dealership for me so all I needed to do was send the money. I replied that I had been shop foreman at an M-B dealership and could inspect it myself and would give them the money when I got there. They said it was in Vancouver (where the actual picture was taken originally) and to send the money. I said I was going to be there within the week (was going to be visiting relatives only about an hour from there) and wanted to look at it myself. They replied that the vehicle had mistakenly been shipped to Salem, Oregon and to please send the money. I replied that I was going to be in Portland in two weeks (chump race) and I would like to look at it then.

You get the idea; the vehicle was never available but each time they went into more detail about why I didn't need to look at it but I needed to send the money soon! :D

Edited by mender

2 hours ago, bbqman said:

well if we are going to talk bike movies- I can say that after seeing the circle burn out in Mad Max- I knew that was my calling. I became one of the most ridiculous  hooligans that rode a bike in Montreal- soon I found that I was not alone.

Mad Max- Z900 Kzs wow..... 

So who has not done the circle burn out?????

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Superdave said:

So who has not done the circle burn out?????

In 1979- not many people- it became 'the thing to do' afterwards,

did a few back in the day- kinda hard with a RD400... tires sucked in front and lack of torque to break traction....

when I finally realized that tires were expensive- I stopped burning them.

Been riding my whole adult life although ive had to ride more sensible(not 90mph in 1st gear) scoots as ive grown older and wiser.

Screenshot_2016-01-15-22-41-26.png

308022_2235914931298_2399935_n.jpg

Screenshot_20170129-163022.jpg