TiredBirds

Rolex / Daytona

52 posts in this topic

Hey does anybody have a link to the "live action" Looks like they have some events running today. I'm bored at work, be nice to hear/see some racing.

most of the time it's at IMSA.com

If not there try the foxsports app. 

I dont know about the live feed, but I just finished loading up,and will be headed down early tomorrow morning. If all goes to plan, I should have a good buzz by the start of the Conti race!!

1 person likes this

Good Luck to all my former teammates with Grasser race team who brought 4 Lamborghinis from Europe and qualified 1 car in 5th place.  If everything works out I may be in one car for Watkins Glen 6hr.

Edited by DEE DEE
6 people like this

13 hours ago, tibadeaux said:

I dont know about the live feed, but I just finished loading up,and will be headed down early tomorrow morning. If all goes to plan, I should have a good buzz by the start of the Conti race!!

11 hours ago, DEE DEE said:

Good Luck to all my former teammates with Grasser race team who brought 4 Lamborghinis from Europe and qualified 1 car in 5th place.  If everything works out I may be in one car for Watkins Glen 6hr.

I am soooo Jealous. That must be a freaking blast. Especially if you are sitting in the drivers seat.

Good luck to all the teams that are engaged for this event- 24hours- fricking long way to go- just to finish- let alone podium.

Especially good luck to all our Canadian drivers and teams-  MIA is fielding 2 McLarens- 1 that has 2 top drivers- although I think they are running the support races- not the 24.

anybody watching? How do 2 fords (GT-4) sit on the poll against super expensive German and European sports cars?

53 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

anybody watching? How do 2 fords (GT-4) sit on the poll against super expensive German and European sports cars?

Because... 'Merica!!!

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Because... 'Merica!!!

god rac, one of the Furds broke...

1 minute ago, TiredBirds said:

god rac, one of the Furds broke...

Love the dicing by the Multimatic 15 and Porsche 28.

6 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Love the dicing by the Multimatic 15 and Porsche 28.

The Furd looks soooo much bigger. The GT cars fly by the ST cars. I gotta get our junk down there one of these days.

5 hours ago, TiredBirds said:

They're not GT4-spec, for one. For another: look who owns them -- now figure how much cash is being shoveled into them.

I'm more noticing how GT3 has exactly *zero* American cars in it; and since CTSCC went to GT4, there's exactly two American cars left there.

" o/~ John Bishop's body is a-rollin' in its grave.... o/~ "

Who's this?

20170127_130028.jpg

4 people like this

18 hours ago, skierman64 said:

Who's this?

20170127_130028.jpg

Just ask him!

2 people like this

On 1/27/2017 at 5:50 PM, csadn said:

They're not GT4-spec, for one. For another: look who owns them -- now figure how much cash is being shoveled into them.

I'm more noticing how GT3 has exactly *zero* American cars in it; and since CTSCC went to GT4, there's exactly two American cars left there.

" o/~ John Bishop's body is a-rollin' in its grave.... o/~ "

yeah dude had an accent he was saying GT FORD, thought he was saying GT-4

Shaping up to be a great dash to the finish...

Prototypes top 3 on same lap (a 3rd for the Spirit of Daytona guys would be cool, no chance against the Caddy's unless they break)

GTLM, throw a blanket over the top 5... The Ferrari is stout, trying to ruin it for the 'Murican battle for the win

9 hours ago, Superdave said:

Lol, we were standing at the exit of the kink and saw a dustball go flying by which resulted in him in the tires....

"Welp, that wasn't good... dude, it's less than 10 minutes into the race, so much for the pro's knowing better than us..." was how the ensuing conversation went  :lol:

4 people like this

What an awesome final hour of racing!!! If you arent watching, you should be.... 20 min to go... the pass the Ford just put on the Ferrari going into T1 was awesome!

4 people like this

You called it bro     great race      and that Taylor boy was in tha hole and that is that .... 

1 person likes this

A demonstration of just how spectacularly IMSA had the rules biased against the Grand-Am-era DPs -- seeing the FIA teams getting stomped by the Locals gave me a warm feeling. I expect crushing BoP adjustments within the week.

Especially noteworthy: It appears the FIA teams were incapable of driving in anything less than perfect conditions; watching them during the downpour overnight was laughable. Not sure if it was the setups, or the drivers, but either way, they looked *bad* out there.

As to the #5/#10 fracas: If you leave a hole open, someone's going to stuff himself into it. (That came out wrong. ;) )

4 people like this

good race, what engine does the Caddies use? Good to see Gordon in the winners circle.

6.2 liter V8, in a Dallara chassis.  

2 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

6.2 liter V8, in a Dallara chassis.  

That isn't an LS platform? Or a Caddie specific engine?