Road Atlanta 17 Pic & Vids

235 posts in this topic

Thumbnail too perfect to pass up...

w65YpSU.jpg

Pinkiesout-Posts-05.jpg

shits-so-fancy-i-need-a-second-monocle_o

6 people like this

48 minutes ago, Jamie said:

1. Am I tripping balls or did a f ucking Corolla walk on the top two E30s at the 2:00 mark? 

Thing snuck by me too when I hit a conga line in the down hill esses. It took me like 15 minutes to pass it back. I was lol'ing watching it go. Thing was fast!

3 hours ago, Huggy said:

Thumbnail too perfect to pass up...

Pinkiesout-Posts-05.jpg

@Wyatt-

Huggins Racing will now be known as Pinkies Out Racing- I'll get the T-shirts printed up...

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, chip said:

@Wyatt-

Huggins Racing will now be known as Pinkies Out Racing- I'll get the T-shirts printed up...

Yes!!!

On 2/8/2017 at 8:23 AM, nissanguy38501 said:

We were running Hawk Blues up front and Stoptech ceramics on the rear. Trust me... the fronts were the ones that locked up, as evidenced by the two flat-spotted Direzza's we took off the car after the incident...

Hey @nissanguy38501,
We have the 522 Civic that was collected in the incident. First off, thank you for the note we found the next morning - its certainly appreciated!
After reviewing the video from our car, it definitely looks like a right rear lockup that initially spun the car. I just got home after 3 weeks away on contract following the Atlanta race, but will post the video this weekend for you to see.

Cheers,

TH

1 person likes this

Looking through videos from the 14h weekend...
Unfortunately the contact on lap 2 took us out of contention, but we had a great time playing catch-up for the next 13 hours!
Some awesome racing with other cars, even into the night..

Edited by THill

3 minutes ago, THill said:

Looking through videos from the 14h weekend...
Unfortunately the contact on lap 2 took us out of contention, but we had a great time playing catch-up for the next 13 hours!
Some awesome racing with other cars, even into the night..

Saw you guys stayed in town for AER the following weekend.  How would you compare the 2 series?

1 hour ago, THill said:

Hey @nissanguy38501,
We have the 522 Civic that was collected in the incident. First off, thank you for the note we found the next morning - its certainly appreciated!
After reviewing the video from our car, it definitely looks like a right rear lockup that initially spun the car. I just got home after 3 weeks away on contract following the Atlanta race, but will post the video this weekend for you to see.

Cheers,

TH

Man, I am really sorry we got together during that incident... I thought maybe some flat-spotted tires were all I was gonna get out of it till I saw you coming down the hill. I'd really like to see the video so I can try to decipher what happened. I meant to come talk to you guys but didn't get a chance due to others issues with our team that day. Again, my humble apologies!! 

2 hours ago, tomphot said:

Saw you guys stayed in town for AER the following weekend.  How would you compare the 2 series?

I was at both races.  I'm not confident that the Chump staff will feel right about a detailed analysis, so I will just make two comments (unless Mike C tells me he's ok with more)

1.  The trophies in Chump are SO MUCH BETTER.  The AER ones look like they are out of a SNL bit that is making fun of racing.  From a distance you swear that some kid cut them out of colored cardboard.  

2.   You can really see the difference that "no novices" makes in AER.  In every Chump stint I've ever driven, I encounter at least two cars that seem to be using google maps to get around the track ("turn right after 500 feet").  There was none of that in AER, except on the practice day (and the car happened to be a Chump car....go figure.  And it was one that had been at the track the week before so I would have thought he knew the track...)

Edited by Racer28173

42 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

I was at both races.  I'm not confident that the Chump staff will feel right about a detailed analysis, so I will just make two comments (unless Mike C tells me he's ok with more)

2.   You can really see the difference that "no novices" makes in AER.  

First off, I thought after last year - no novices was the rule for this year, that was clearly not the case as there were teams racing in their first ever race. 

AER and WRL can't compete at this point with ChumpCar - the number of races and geographical points are clearly in Chumps favor. 

Chump needs to keep a keen eye on other factors however - a lot of people would like to race in cheap, Non-contact races - with cars that look like race cars. 

The other thing is the name - whenever I tell folks I know what I'm doing, they mention The L word.  I then have to tell them that this is real racing, even though a lot of the cars look like crap.