Team Infiniti

Road Atlanta 17 Pic & Vids

270 posts in this topic

After punishing you guys for two stints I worked pit out for the last 2 hours  Also saw the guy with the radar gun was checking speeds off and on all day. As for any rule infraction talk to your local pit marshall and they will see that it's addressed..

All,

I've seen quite a few comments about pictures of the Feb Event.  See this link and look for your car number.   Contact me at cybercord@gmail.com.  Purchase can be directly through me or on line.  Thanks

Al Floer

On 2/17/2017 at 8:46 AM, red0 said:

Do you know when MSM will be sending out the photos that have been purchased?

No but My team was the offfical race photographer.  Chek out my pages at floer-photography.smugmug.com  Seach by car number in the chump car area. 

On 2/26/2017 at 2:35 PM, THill said:

@nissanguy38501
Got the video uploaded. It looks like shitty luck/timing with cold tires.
Quick right hander at the kink, followed by a brake application likely locked that right rear causing the rotation..

I have the snapshot of this at entrance to T10.

2017_CCWS_290Spin-1.jpg

2 people like this

On 2/6/2017 at 3:50 PM, Kaitlin 0987 said:

Anyone know or have a link to where we can see any of the professional photographers' photos for sale from Road Atlanta 2017 ChumpCar race?  I saw a lot of cameras out and we'd like to get some pics...

My team was the official photographer for the event.  See Floer-photography.smugmug.com.  Got to Chump Car racing for the event and then car number.  We covered the race and Friday practice.  I have packages and can do more than just prints. Thanks

Al Floer

cybercord@gmail.com

7 minutes ago, cybercord said:

2017_CCWS_290Spin-1.jpg

That is a great shot. 

1 person likes this

@cybercord

Lots of very cool shots of the event. Thanks for posting. 

11 minutes ago, cybercord said:

2017_CCWS_290Spin-1.jpg

Wait a minute - was that red car backwards going into T10A twice?

This photo isn't from the lap that Twoth hit the car on, because Twoth would be in the picture if it was (and the brown Acura wouldn't be there)

20 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

Wait a minute - was that red car backwards going into T10A twice?

This photo isn't from the lap that Twoth hit the car on, because Twoth would be in the picture if it was (and the brown Acura wouldn't be there)

This looks like it was after the hit. Watch the video, and after Twoth pulls off the track all the cars in the picture drive by.

58 minutes ago, LAMR2 said:

This looks like it was after the hit. Watch the video, and after Twoth pulls off the track all the cars in the picture drive by.

YEP  There were cars evevrywhere.  LOL.  There were more in the picture, but I cropped this to get the effects.  many more on my site of all the cars.

On 2/27/2017 at 3:22 PM, Huggy said:

There was definitely a guy there with a radar gun.  He was mostly loitering across from our pit.

Mustache was exactly what you would expect from a retired sheriff also... 

And just what us it that you expect?

15 hours ago, GrouchyOldSarge said:

I think the sheriff should have been handing out 5 min penalties for those speeding more than 15 over on pit lane. 50 mph on pit lane and skidding 10-20 ft into your pit stall is a bit ridiculous for 14 hr long Chumpcar races. The big boy races get much worse...

4 people like this

21 hours ago, BeastZ06 said:

I think the sheriff should have been handing out 5 min penalties for those speeding more than 15 over on pit lane. 50 mph on pit lane and skidding 10-20 ft into your pit stall is a bit ridiculous for 14 hr long Chumpcar races. The big boy races get much worse...

I caught 42 teams speeding by more than 5mph on pit road at RA. As a volunteer, I did as I was told and spoke with every team that I caught. The fastest that I caught was 45 MPH with the average being 35. I am certainly not saying that I got them all. I am human and took bathroom breaks, lunch and dinner. I couldn't be out there on both ends of pit road. 

If you want higher penalties then I suggest you go through the proper channels and petition for such. If you want more cars caught then volunteer yourself and you can cover pit road speeders. 

7 people like this

On 3/4/2017 at 6:26 AM, GrouchyOldSarge said:

super-troopers-2-blogjpg-f1f319_1280w.jp

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Huggy said:

super-troopers-2-blogjpg-f1f319_1280w.jp

That's a Trooper 'Stache. I'm only a deputy. I'm also not retired...

Edited by GrouchyOldSarge
Edit for autocorrect
3 people like this

Need one of these:

39a8c9594a039217921257918808f80b.jpg

;)

2 hours ago, csadn said:

Need one of these:

39a8c9594a039217921257918808f80b.jpg

;)

Never did understand why he was clean shaven in "Justified"...just SO wrong when you can rock a "stache like that!!!

23 hours ago, Doc said:

Never did understand why he was clean shaven in "Justified"...just SO wrong when you can rock a "stache like that!!!

Fun Fact: All the hair in _Tombstone_ is 100% authentic.

Also: If I ever do a theme, I'm thinking something Old West-ish, as I can carry off that 'stache as well. :) (Volvo 1800 with the US front bumpers? :) )

Did anyone use the Hankook R-S4 at this race and willing to share their thoughts on it?

34 minutes ago, lenbo211 said:

Did anyone use the Hankook R-S4 at this race and willing to share their thoughts on it?

Tire wasn't available yet for this race.  They started showing up at people's doors around the last week of February.