Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christian

Radios

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! 

I'm part of a team who will be new his year and i just wanted to ask what radio systems everyone is using, where you bought it, and what is the most inexpensive way to get a radio system. Also if anyone has any use radio or headset we would be very interested. 

Posted (edited)

Racing Radios is now the "official" Chumpcar sponsor for radio systems.

Read through this topic for more info. (Click on the link below.)

@Shawn Sampson, and his company, Sampson Racing Communications were listed as a Chumpcar sponsor until last year some time. Sampson continues to offer 15% discount to Chumpcar teams.

If you place your question in that topic, I'm sure Shawn will answer within a day, which is what he always does. In fact, since I tagged him on this post, he may even reply here....

Shawn and his team have a wealth of experience that they are always willing to share. Definitely one of the best companies out there in regards to customer support... His systems are also priced better than anything else I've seen offered.

Edited by mcoppola

+1^, many ChumpCar teams run Sampson equipment.

+2 on Sampson.

We tried to put something cheap together for our first year, but it sucked in the end.  We went ahead and bought a full system from them in year 2 and aren't looking back.  If you can handle the up front investment, it will be cheaper in the end to just buy a good system.

Ok thanks a lot guys! I did see his posts but wasn't sure if the discount transferred to Canadian teams. Really appreciate the input!!! 

Perry Performance sell the Racing Radio kits.

You can buy cheaper, but in the end you will get frustrated with lack of range and clarity.

For those who have tried several kits, the real deal is what you want.

You can call me or email for details.