55 posts in this topic

Sitting here doing a pointless internal audit I realize I have no clue... Aside from ones daily transportation, how many whole or mostly whole (roller @ minimum) cars, trucks, buses are you people sitting on?

 

We know Montana has us all beat, his stuff is parked in another state !

 

Here counting gets fuzzy around 33 cars/vans/pickups:blink::ph34r:

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I hope my wife doesn't see this. ;)

 

Newest to oldest:

2001 Silverado Duramax (tow vehicle and shop truck)

1992 MB 300CE-24 (future Hammer car)

1988 MB 300CE (winter DD)

1987 MB 560SEL

1987 Fiero GT (Chump car)

1987 Fiero GT (running parts car)

1985 Fiero GT (last summer's DD)

1983 Yamaha RZ-350

1978 MB 300CD

1976 Cosworth Vega (this summer's DD)

1969 Firebird convertible (high school car)

1954 Chev 1/2 ton (first vehicle, former tow vehicle and shop truck, awaiting restoration)

 

My kids:

2004 BMW 325ci

1999 MB C280 Sport

1999 BMW 328i

1996 Chrysler Concorde

1990 Olds Cutlass Ciera

1985 Fiero SE

1965 Dodge Polara 440 (bodywork and paint just completed)

 

I've had to cut down since my parents sold their acreage ...

 

Edited by mender
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2003 Chevy Silverado 1500

2005 Ford Ranger

2010 Ford Fusion

1994 Mazda Miata M Edition

1987 Mazda Rx7 Chumpcar

1995 Chevy Camaro Chumpcar

2000 F350 Super Duty Ambulance

1951 Chevy Deluxe

1985 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33??!!  WTF?!! My wife thinks I'm mental with 4....

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2006 Nissan Frontier

1995 Mustang track car

1988 Mustang ChumpCar

1967 AC Cobra replica

 

Wife drives a 2004 Toyota Matrix and still has her first car a Honda Civic.  

 

Bicycles: Ibis Ti-Mojo, Salsa Moto Rapido, Norco can't remember right now, all mountain bikes.  Trek road bike.  

 

No daily drivers as I walk or bike to work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2009 Chevy Silverado 1500

2007 KTM 990 Adventure

2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 800

2001 H-D 883 Sportster

2000 VW Passat 1.8T

1997 Honda Civic EX (POS Chumpmobile)

1991 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible - just turned over 17,000 miles

1983 Honda Shadow 750

1980 Suzuki GS550L

1977 Alfa Romeo Spider

1970 VW Karmann Ghia

 

And if Ron is going to bring up bikes, I've got an early '90s Peugeot and a late '80s Schwinn with solid rubber tires, coaster brakes, and some sick training wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shoot guys! This probably shows how young I am... no time to accrue vehicles. Between my wife and I we have 2 daily drivers and half a race car. Teammates own the tow RV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Sitting here doing a pointless internal audit I realize I have no clue... Aside from ones daily transportation, how many whole or mostly whole (roller @ minimum) cars, trucks, buses are you people sitting on?

 

We know Montana has us all beat, his stuff is parked in another state !

 

 

Bought 2 today.  :)  Wife was out of town... HA!!   And I might have sucked old Superdave into putting one in his yard until I swing through.  :P

 

and maybe another one next week if I'm lucky... and I'm wheeling with a dude that has a Lambo kit car and is in WAY over his head (and still out of his mind on price), and I found a porsche 917 kit car that's tickling my fabrication bone.  Always liked that body style.  I think if that pans out, it needs one of those subaru engine conversions in it.  or maybe a mid motor Honda V6.  I mean seriously... how cool to drive around in THIS!

racecarreplicas-porsche917.jpg

 

and I'm trying to figure out, when I can build this.... and I don't get the feeling it's in the next 2 years... :(  lately, I'm beginning to get a sense of my own mortality.  There's only so many hours in a year.

 

I mean seriously... just listen to it.   :)  I'm not kidding, watching it and listening to it, I get goose bumps all over and my eyes well up. 

 

 

AND, we have a race the end of April, busy times. ;D

 

My wife pointed out if I gave up on my stupid addiction of the sub $5k cars.... i could have couple nice $100-$150k cars with less drama (she's on board with it)...  I think she's just worried I'm gonna die and she's gonna have to figure it all out...:P

 

 

 

Edited by Ham Sammich
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enginerd said:

Holy shoot guys! This probably shows how young I am... no time to accrue vehicles. Between my wife and I we have 2 daily drivers and half a race car. Teammates own the tow RV.

 

 

That's nothing that can't be solved with a big yard.  :)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ron_e said:

2006 Nissan Frontier

1995 Mustang track car

1988 Mustang ChumpCar

1967 AC Cobra replica

 

Wife drives a 2004 Toyota Matrix and still has her first car a Honda Civic.  

 

Bicycles: Ibis Ti-Mojo, Salsa Moto Rapido, Norco can't remember right now, all mountain bikes.  Trek road bike.  

 

No daily drivers as I walk or bike to work.  

 

 

let's not start on bicycles.... that's a whole different can of worms.  I raced Trek for a while. have a 'few' of them...:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, enginerd said:

Holy shoot guys! This probably shows how young I am... no time to accrue vehicles. Between my wife and I we have 2 daily drivers and half a race car. Teammates own the tow RV.

 

I just turned 33 Thursday...  never too young to start a junkyard....  lol.   I'm not even counting parts cars... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Ham Sammich said:

and maybe another one next week if I'm lucky... and I'm wheeling with a dude that has a Lambo kit car and is in WAY over his head (and still out of his mind on price), and I found a porsche 917 kit car that's tickling my fabrication bone.  Always liked that body style.  I think if that pans out, it needs one of those subaru engine conversions in it.  or maybe a mid motor Honda V6.  I mean seriously... how cool to drive around in THIS!

racecarreplicas-porsche917.jpg

 

and I'm trying to figure out, when I can build this.... and I don't get the feeling it's in the next 2 years... :(  lately, I'm beginning to get a sense of my own mortality.  There's only so many hours in a year

That 917 needs to sound like this:

 

Get an M120 engine (from 0:55 to 0:59):

I'll help you make it scream ... and apparently it's good enough for the Pagani Zonda. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M120_engine#/media/File:AMG_Mercedes_V12.jpg

Hmm, that bellhousing looks pretty close to an adapter I have for a Hewland ...

 

But if you really want that V8 sound and like the vintage look, I did a 6.2 all aluminum LS with the prototype billet manifold of this piece for a customer:

http://www.borlainduction.com/200065-v8-kit-gm-ls3-85mm-air-horn.html

Edited by mender
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, now that I've had a few moments to think about your post, Bob, I realize that I don't have that much time left to do stuff either, and I also have ideas about old Can-Am racecar builds.

 

Heaven help us if we were ever to move to the same neighborhood ... :rolleyes:

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one car.

 

One.

 

Singular.

 

This is the redeeming virtue of Not Having Space To Store Additional Cars. :)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Allright Ed it's ON  ..  This is going to take some time as my title folder is at the shop ,and to be fair I'll only count mostly complete cars with titles. .  I don't have Bob numbers but way to many ,but the heard has been thinned down by about 30 over the last 6 years .  Yeah including 3 67 and 5 68 Camaros. my prized 66 chopped top Chevy tk and 51 mercury. .  Scuze me I got to go outside for some air ...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, csadn said:

I have one car.

 

One.

 

Singular.

 

This is the redeeming virtue of Not Having Space To Store Additional Cars. :)

 

One?....how does that even work?  If I leave the house I take the one closest to the door, or with the least amount of mud around it... or the only one with air in the tires...  "P

7 hours ago, mender said:

Well, now that I've had a few moments to think about your post, Bob, I realize that I don't have that much time left to do stuff either, and I also have ideas about old Can-Am racecar builds.

 

Heaven help us if we were ever to move to the same neighborhood ... :rolleyes:

 

i can tell ya exactly what would happen... we'd be half way done with twice as many projects as before...:P

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so that's odd, I go to "like this" on Menders post, and get this error message:

 

You are not allowed to give reputation to this user.

 

Mind you the post above it of his, took the "like" just fine while I was getting the error on the other 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently I already have a reputation ... ;)

 

I get the same once in a while; maybe it knows more about us than we think! :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmmm. worked on that one  ^^^

 

Ohhh..... YOU'VE got a reputation....

 

:P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you two lived across the street would you still both sit I your respective garages chating over the forum with each other?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Ham Sammich said:

so that's odd, I go to "like this" on Menders post, and get this error message:

 

You are not allowed to give reputation to this user.

 

Mind you the post above it of his, took the "like" just fine while I was getting the error on the other 2?

Hmmmm, I just got the same message when putting a "Like" on one of menders' posts...

Somebody must have found out the 3 of us talk......

Is there a rule against fraternization?

Are they onto our plot?  Shhhhhh! :ph34r:

Edited by mcoppola
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

Are they onto our plot?  Shhhhhh! :ph34r:

 

keep it down.... they're all around us...

5d-tinfoil-hat-.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, thewheelerZ said:

If you two lived across the street would you still both sit I your respective garages chating over the forum with each other?

No, we'd be plotting the total domination of Chump as we know it. :ph34r:

 

LS powered Javelins, twin J powered AWD Fieros, mid-engine turbodiesel 7/8s scale Odyssey vans ... with legal advice from Bill of course. ;)

Edited by mender
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, mender said:

No, we'd be plotting the total domination of Chump as we know it. :ph34r:

LS powered Javelins, twin J powered AWD Fieros, mid-engine turbodiesel 7/8s scale Odyssey vans ... with legal advice from Bill of course. ;)

 

 

If it's one thing I've learned, never ask ahead of time.... :D

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAkGAAAAJDA1NTZmZGZlLTFjNDMt

 

and never post a clever idea on a forum... it might not be as clever as you think.  And then you look like a dumb@ss. :P <been there>

Edited by Ham Sammich
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought another Mercedes this morning. Added to my list.

 

Now I have to sell several of my other cars, because this one will be the keeper! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now