Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcoppola

Motor City Hot Rod & Racing Expo - March 25-26, 2017 in Novi, MI

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Hi_Im_Will said:
  3 hours ago, enginerd said:

"looks like a cheapish car that I could see myself building on a budget".

^^That rules out Mike.

So uhhhh..... who's car are we bringing???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh?? I thought my car was your flagship low budget car based on this comment after Pittrace 2015.

@Hi_Im_Will said:

On 10/5/2015 at 10:21 AM, Hi_Im_Will said:

Mike just took 10th at his debut race in a low dollar car.  And it happened to be a championship race with many of the best teams in Chumpcar.  You don't need to spend a lot of money to be competitive.......

Edited by mcoppola
1 person likes this

Just now, mcoppola said:
  2 hours ago, Hi_Im_Will said:
  3 hours ago, enginerd said:

"looks like a cheapish car that I could see myself building on a budget".

^^That rules out Mike.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh?? I thought my car was your flagship low budget car based on this comment after Pittrace 2015.

@Hi_Im_Will said:

On 10/5/2015 at 10:21 AM, Hi_Im_Will said:

Mike just took 10th at his debut race in a low dollar car.  And it happened to be a championship race with many of the best teams in Chumpcar.  You don't need to spend a lot of money to be competitive.......

Just because it is low budget doesn't mean it looks low budget.  That thing looks expensive, whereas mine looks like somebody dragged a bmw out of a field and smacked it with a hammer a few times. 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Hi_Im_Will said:

Just because it is low budget doesn't mean it looks low budget.  That thing looks expensive, whereas mine looks like somebody dragged a bmw out of a field and smacked it with a hammer a few times. 

Well I'm not into show cars, but a little interior paint and some tidy wiring can really change the perception of a car.

AND - if one of your go-fast tricks is having a car that "looks like somebody dragged a bmw out of a field and smacked it with a hammer a few times", then I'm gonna have to smudge some of my paint and get out the BFH, and put some dents in it.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, enginerd said:

Need to have some scrutiny for what car goes on display... just the right amount of "looks fast", combined with "looks clean and well built", combined with "looks like a cheapish car that I could see myself building on a budget".

If I'm free next year I will help out if this becomes a thing.

5 hours ago, Hi_Im_Will said:

^^That rules you out

^^That rules me out

^^That rules out Mike.

I have this potentially cool looking Z car on my trailer that could possibly have an engine and proper livery by this show next year that would fit all of these.  :D

3 people like this

10 hours ago, NigelStu said:

I have this potentially cool looking Z car on my trailer that could possibly have an engine and proper livery by this show next year that would fit all of these.  :D

Oh yeah, when's Eliza coming back?

Eventually.  Once I figure out how to make that ol' girl keep up with you youngins with your fancy air-o die-namics and conquest turbos-flux-capasiters and LX-everything.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

I am absolutely swamped right now.  Got into the new house today.  I walked in and all I smelled was dog piss everywhere.  Ripped all of the carpets up today.  Tomorrow I'm working at my Fort Wayne house to get it ready to sell.  Saturday we go to Indy then Sunday back to the new house to work on it.  Next year I'll be all in and my car could be displayed.......:ph34r:

FYI Installing hardwood floors is one of the easier home projects I have done. frack CARPET 

2 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

Eventually.  Once I figure out how to make that ol' girl keep up with you youngins with your fancy air-o die-namics and conquest turbos-flux-capasiters and LX-everything.

Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.

qurby.jpg

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, Jamie said:

FYI Installing hardwood floors is one of the easier home projects I have done. frack CARPET 

I don't have the time to do all of the home upgrades at this point with everything going on.  We are going to have the main floor hardwood floored with solids and the nail in type.  We are going to put new carpet upstairs and in the basement.  We are getting the whole interior of the house painted.  I am awful at painting.  Plus I have a racecar to finish.  #priorities

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

I don't have the time to do all of the home upgrades at this point with everything going on.  ....  I am awful at painting.  ...  #priorities

Just use duct tape?

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

That "ol' girl" laid down some pretty competitive lap times at Gingerman before some of the lower internals decided to take a large breath of fresh air....

18 hours ago, enginerd said:

Need to have some scrutiny for what car goes on display... just the right amount of "looks fast", combined with "looks clean and well built", combined with "looks like a cheapish car that I could see myself building on a budget".

If I'm free next year I will help out if this becomes a thing.

Then there's this^^^^

Fits the first 2, but with a swap, the bold area becomes questionable...

I'll still nominate "ol' Johnny Cash", the Man(car) in Black, wearing #393.

He may look expensive to some, but he's just a poor, good ol' boy at heart...

40 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

Just use duct tape?

Used it all on the racecar last year.

2 people like this

46 minutes ago, red0 said:

Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.

qurby.jpg

Well buddies, of all of us in this conversation, I best fit the first part of Andrew's post. Guess I'm going to have to get a bit more treacherous. 

Getting back to my original post, anyone else planning on going to the expo (as visitors) this weekend?

So I guess no one wants to see my car displayed....it looks like a heap like Will's. 

We still have a year to decide. Maybe we'll make a deal. You can bring your car if a keg comes with it, or you have to spend the weekend hanging with us Michigan boys for some more good beer drinking at the Witch's Hat Brewery.  We can walk to my place to crash from there. 

23 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

We still have a year to decide. Maybe we'll make a deal. You can bring your car if a keg comes with it, or you have to spend the weekend hanging with us Michigan boys for some more good beer drinking at the Witch's Hat Brewery.  We can walk to my place to crash from there. 

We should just make this a IL/MI/IN/OH meetup with bench racing and brewery chugging!  I know we would all enjoy that just by a little bit.

1 person likes this