mchurman

Canada Day Mosport

55 posts in this topic

Big thanks to everyone for a great weekend....Awesome fireworks....Thanks Sal and Wendy for that...Special thanks to marshalls and corner workers for keeping us safe....

ANOTHER GREAT EVENT BY CHUMPCAR CANADA!!!

Can't wait for our next race...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

+1^^  Thank's to everyone involved this weekend.  Our first race for the EmergyCall team and I can't believe our little unproven civic finished (top 5 in class on top of it ;) despite being plagued with fuel cut issue's and two spewing CV shaft's.  Sorry if it felt a little greasy while following us lol.  

Edited by Supercivic
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, mchurman said:

Big thanks to everyone for a great weekend....Awesome fireworks....Thanks Sal and Wendy for that...Special thanks to marshalls and corner workers for keeping us safe....

ANOTHER GREAT EVENT BY CHUMPCAR CANADA!!!

Can't wait for our next race...

Big Thank you to all the teams aswell for a great weekend for us rookies. We learned alot and nobody pushed us off track for being slow! 🤣 

Thanks for lending us some tools and the advice, Team Tailwind. 

Congratulations to all the winners.

And thanks for the chunk of sweet metal!

An amazing experience and we will be back.. and we should be a bit faster !

Thank you all.

Cheers!

Passtime Racing :

Jon, Trice, Lee, Elliott, Donnie. 

Edited by jdmy
1 person likes this

You guys truly ran a great race...no mechanical issues, nô major offs and no infractions....plus you were getting faster and faster every lap....looking forward to seeing you at Calabogie...let's see if we can pit together again..Mark

1 person likes this

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend!  Sal, Wendy, all the volunteers and other drivers.

Will give a better update, but thought I'd post this one up first as its our first damage on what we thought was a really nice looking car :( Yellow CRX in T9.  I kind of think it wasn't my fault, but other opinions are always welcome!  As would be video of another angle.  No real damage which is a bonus.  Just dented in the driver side rear door in pretty good and slightly bent the front door (i.e. I got hit pretty square on the rear door area), but didn't hit the wheel at all.

Posted (edited)

A few things...

1)  that car looks awesome in the video.  Much balls!

B.) according to chumpcar rules, you never cleared the crx, sooo....  your fault. (Even if I don't agree with the rule...)

Three) looks like the crx hit you even though he had room.  I'm wondering if he didn't realize you were still there.  Seemed like an odd situation to make contact...  unless he lost grip.  

The crx didn't look like it was being over driven or too fast for the moisture.  It didn't look like intention or even stupid driver error.  I'm leaning towards the driver just lost the front or rear end and you happened to be wrong place wrong time.

Edited by wvumtnbkr
1 person likes this

@wvumtnbkrI'm not sure that I agree with you on that.  It is the responsibility of the car being overtaken to be aware of the passing car and stay on line.  Without a better view it's hard to say, but it looks to me like the CRX caused the contact due to lack of awareness and changing it's line in the turn trying to get around the slower neon.

1 person likes this

I agree on every level.  Except the rule states or did in the last iteration, that it is entirely the passings car responsibility to make a clean pass.  

I think I read somewhere that the board or Mike c is looking to change the rule.

Not to offend, or start much of a debate, but did you read my last post in its entirety?  I don't agree with the way the rule is, was, written.

I read your post.  Then I checked the rules just to be sure because I thought it was rewritten in the latest iteration.  It was.  I paraphrased the pertinent parts of it in my response above.

2 people like this

This happened as the track was drying. The black asphalt in corner 8 became completely dry but corner 9 where the hit happened was still wet at that time.    

9 hours ago, zack_280 said:

I read your post.  Then I checked the rules just to be sure because I thought it was rewritten in the latest iteration.  It was.  I paraphrased the pertinent parts of it in my response above.

Sweet!  I'm glad that was fixed!

Thanks for the new info.

2 people like this

I had a front row seat for that contact, unfortunately the camera wasn't rolling.  At the time I don't recall the CRX losing it.  My initial thought was that it was driver error.  He didn't realize you passed him as he was focused on the Neon in front and attempted to move over to go around the outside.  Unfortunately you were on the asphalt he wanted. 

2 people like this

30 minutes ago, miatainium said:

I had a front row seat for that contact, unfortunately the camera wasn't rolling.  At the time I don't recall the CRX losing it.  My initial thought was that it was driver error.  He didn't realize you passed him as he was focused on the Neon in front and attempted to move over to go around the outside.  Unfortunately you were on the asphalt he wanted. 

I looked right at you through my drivers side window as I spun around!  Thanks for not giving me an even closer look at your grill!

Where are the results posted?  I don't see them on mylaps/speedhive.  

Posted (edited)

Final results from Chumpcar World series Facebook post

Mosport 2017 Saturday1.png

2017 mosport Saturday2.png

2017 mosport Saturday3.png

Sunday's results

595cfec31c3c0_2017MosportSunday1.thumb.png.d1a1267e2cc34fa4312ae2c87f8b53af.png

2017 Mosport Sunday2.png

595cfeace8763_2017MosportSunday3.thumb.png.797da8fb45d21353c1407c0b34dd556a.png

Edited by The Sunferrari
1 person likes this

hey everyone...I just want to make a brief public apology to Mopar...general consensus is that I was an ass.... In hindsight, pun intended, I have to agree...

sorry guys.

Mark.

1 hour ago, mchurman said:

I was an ass.... In hindsight

What you did there, with your words, I see it.  :P

Impact with yellow CRX was my responsibility Mark, I could not hold the line during an attempted pass,  front wheels lost all grip and I slid into your path. Very glad your car was not more badly hurt, (impressive driving/ recovery on your part)

Boom, first post!

Awesome for you to own up to it.

well...I got in the way of the M Bros with the CRX on Sunday morning. I passed a car on the outside and manage to clear the car quick enough to allow me to take my standard line through the corner. Unfortunately that line put me in front of a faster moving car that was blocked from view behind the car I just passed. Not sure what Greg and I could have done differently to avoid the situation.

1 person likes this

Man, nice save though!  It would be interesting to see the footage from M Bros.  Those guys normally post up their videos.  We were using a new convex mirror, which i think makes things far away a bit harder to see and will admit that a couple of times over the weekend the MBros car in particular seemed to appear out of nowhere.  That has never really happend to me before with our old wink mirror.

Side note:  Did you guys really drive 16 hours with your wheel like that??!!  My OCD tick/twitch is starting up after watching just 2 minutes of that video!

3 hours ago, Dan Dukoff said:

Impact with yellow CRX was my responsibility Mark, I could not hold the line during an attempted pass,  front wheels lost all grip and I slid into your path. Very glad your car was not more badly hurt, (impressive driving/ recovery on your part)

Thanks Dan.  Good to meet you guys.  Come by for a beer at Calabogie.

1 person likes this

Will do Mark, (when I got in the car for the last stint on Sunday the wheel was upside down, mic button on the wrong side and steering initially felt loose... car still handled well)

Ok Dan, I just checked Saturday AM video and the wheel was upside down then as well. I must say, I do feel better that the wheel was upside down for the entire weekend  vs. shifting 180 degrees during the race. I'm not OCD but driving around the track thinking that it shifting during the race would have made me a bit twitchy as well.

12 hours ago, thewheelerZ said:

Side note:  Did you guys really drive 16 hours with your wheel like that??!!  My OCD tick/twitch is starting up after watching just 2 minutes of that video!

Ya that would drive me bonkers as well.  I get upset if the wheel is even 5degrees off centre!

On 7/4/2017 at 4:52 PM, thewheelerZ said:

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend!  Sal, Wendy, all the volunteers and other drivers.

Will give a better update, but thought I'd post this one up first as its our first damage on what we thought was a really nice looking car :( Yellow CRX in T9.  I kind of think it wasn't my fault, but other opinions are always welcome!  As would be video of another angle.  No real damage which is a bonus.  Just dented in the driver side rear door in pretty good and slightly bent the front door (i.e. I got hit pretty square on the rear door area), but didn't hit the wheel at all.

Hey thewheelerZ,

do you have the video from your car's first stint on Saturday? I was in the 18 Junction civic and we had a pretty awesome battle! I will post a link to our onboard when it get's uploaded. thanks!