mchurman

Canada Day Mosport

55 posts in this topic

These are the two front Azenzis RT 615k + after 6.5 hrs. Started the race both at 29 psi. added 5 psi to both for the last 1.5 hrs. the sidewall picture shows the tire often rolled to the outside of the treadwear rating printing and sometimes to the inside (rim side). Tire rack recommended rim width is 5.5 - 7.5 ". We have 6". From some pictures I've seen, we do have considerable body roll.

Azenis + small3.jpg

Azenis + small2.jpg

You need to run 205s on a 7" wide rim, minimum (8" would be optimal). Last year our RS3s on 8" wide faired better than the 7" we chose to go with 8" wheels all around for both cars this year (with RS4s). The wear is so good we used one set for Calabogie, Watkins, and some of Mosport. Different tire but I know the extra wheel width has helped with the longevity.

Thanks for the advice! 1 set for 2 and a half races is impressive! You're getting better longevity and faster cornering with the 8" rims. That probably works out as better in the long run for tire cost per hour vs. my 6". I think I would need better shocks/springs & brakes and some sway control with more traction though??. ($$$$) I'm also wondering how much more rolling resistance there is to 8" vs. 6" Did you notice a difference in acceleration?

We actually changed our suspension set up (coilovers to springs and stock shocks) for this last race on both cars. I didn't drive this event but the guys that did on the old set up versus new said they didn't notice a difference, performance wise, so, I don't think you'd have to upgrade anything at the moment. One of the keys is getting proper tire temps and air pressures, which is something we concentrated on at the lapping before Bogie. I bought a pyrometer a few years ago and it's been one of the best set up tools I've ever used.

2 people like this

225 RS4's on 9" inch wheels on our Intergra. Have run 'bogie and Mosport. Id say we're over 60% left on them. Incredible tires.

We're running 30/29 hot.

Edited by BDG
1 person likes this