111 posts in this topic

^^ One could confuse your remarks as being negative but I'm sure it's just sarcasm and your really supporting the efforts of the leadership. 

4 hours ago, Ron_e said:

It is only a 31 hour tow from Calgary.

Hardly National... Commie.

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

^^ One could confuse your remarks as being negative but I'm sure it's just sarcasm and your really supporting the efforts of the leadership. 

No confusion at all, I'm highly negative about that particular topic. There hasn't been a report since 2014! I want ChumpCar to be successful and it has to be able to follow it's own bylaws to do that. Hopefully the new board can get it back on track (Good Luck Jer). Anyway, I hope business is good in 2018 and the schedule is absolutely key to that.  

1 person likes this

For those that did not attend NCM this year missed one great event and area.  Great track & facilities, Bowling Green has a lot to offer, national car show in town along with major drag races, hotels to fit all budgets, Corvette museum and Corvette factory tours.  I'm certain this event will sell out in 2018.

1 person likes this

Super cool to check out the Corvette stuff while we are there and we have to drive through Nashville, so that would tie in nicely to see for a few days on the way home...

51 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

^ok start a thread "where the h are the financials".   I agree it's important 

Too soon to give the new board too much grief for the mess that they have volunteered themselves into. The schedule is far more important, looking forward to the drip feed of race dates. 

2 people like this

On 7/14/2017 at 0:09 PM, thewheelerZ said:

People complain about the Glen?

I am totally late to this conversation, but I do not like the lack of runoff there - at all.  It was only through many hours in the simulator I convinced myself we would probably be OK.  Don't get me wrong the track is phenomenal but I know two people who lost their E30s there due to incidents that runoff room would have solved easily.  Love the track but not sure we'll be back.

21 minutes ago, mostmint said:

I am totally late to this conversation, but I do not like the lack of runoff there - at all.  It was only through many hours in the simulator I convinced myself we would probably be OK.  Don't get me wrong the track is phenomenal but I know two people who lost their E30s there due to incidents that runoff room would have solved easily.  Love the track but not sure we'll be back.

The Glen has acres of runoff compared to what use to be there.  Check out some previous photos of the track.  I'm glad I learned how to drive there with all the blue rails.  Give it another go next year it will make you a better driver.

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, mostmint said:

Nah, it ain't that bad. Granted, you can't sleep on the place but it isn't surrounded by concrete.

1 hour ago, DEE DEE said:

For those that did not attend NCM this year missed one great event and area.  Great track & facilities, Bowling Green has a lot to offer, national car show in town along with major drag races, hotels to fit all budgets, Corvette museum and Corvette factory tours.  I'm certain this event will sell out in 2018.

Unless it is invite only.......