Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ham Sammich

Proud dad racing with son. :) Rubens Barrichello in tears

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Rubens Barrichello (in tears) being driven by his 15 year old son.  This might be among the most special things I've seen in a long time.

I was on the same page as Rubens about 13:20 

Edited by Ham Sammich
2 people like this

I so wish I had had the chance to do that for my dad. He drove stock cars in the 50's and quit because my mom was worried. I never got to see him race. We went to go kart tracks now and then,and he always kicked my ass. We were down at Ascot in SoCal. They had a slick track next door. Polished concrete with a bit of baby powder added. Like driving on a mini dirt track. All I could do was donuts and try to knock down the outside wall. My dad on the other hand............................man could he wheel that thing. Smoked everyone. Even some of the NorCal drivers that were down there for the Saturday night show.

Sadly he never got to see me race, It might be ChumpCars, but,it no doubt is real racing on real tracks. I'd never say I was a great driver,certainly not half-bad. I'd like to think he'd get a big kick out of it all.

My sister said after I drove the first time,"Daddy was in the car with you,and he was having a blast!"  I hope so.

2 people like this