Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Chiefidiot    47

Finally managed to get the video somewhat sorted for viewing. My video editing skills, much like my driving, still needs a little practice, so here it is.

 

 

Edited by Chiefidiot
Changed text
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voodoo Child    80
On 9/12/2017 at 7:26 AM, Chiefidiot said:

 

I enjoyed the battles on track with a number of the cars, except @Voodoo Child for making me cry when you walked us by almost 8s a lap and I could do nothing except get out of the way, too humbling for my competitive mind. :-) Really sorry to hear of your troubles, although I am worried about you returning with a faster car...YIKES!

 

I am trying to put some footage together to share but for now a screen shot of Arsenic Racing and Marvin going 2-wide into, around and out of On-Ramp.

 

Beginning to think instead of herding my cats I should just come to the track and have @FlorahDorah spoil me like she does all you guys....

 

Ian--When you figure out how to easily export SmartyCam video let me know.  I am too old (or busy) to figure it out.  If I posted footage of Troy's first lap Mike Chisek would never let us race again.  

 

BTW-John Morton or Steve OHara will be taking first stint from now on.  They both drive my car like they are racing a single engine Yamaha enduro kart around Willow Springs-smooth, minimal driver inputs-very easy on tires, gearboxes, clutches.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamie    334

@Chiefidiot Can the VW not take 9 flat? Just for the record before the crash @Miata PI was flat from the Apex of 6 until the bus stop (after our aero bits got tweaked there was slight lifting exiting 6). But if I remember correctly Das Idiots believes aero doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 6.32.00 PM.png

Edited by Jamie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voodoo Child    80

We aren't flat through there either.  On this lap, Troy lifted about the same time as the Jetta, but was back full throttle by the end of the rumble strip (our throttle sensor is calibrated wrong-completely off is 1/2 th rottle, 1/2 throttle is full)

T9 Entry.jpg

T9 Exit.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlorahDorah    170
9 minutes ago, Voodoo Child said:

 

Beginning to think instead of herding my cats I should just come to the track and have @FlorahDorah spoil me like she does all you guys....

 

Ian--When you figure out how to easily export SmartyCam video let me know.  I am too old (or busy) to figure it out.  If I posted footage of Troy's first lap Mike Chisek would never let us race again.  

 

BTW-John Morton or Steve OHara will be taking first stint from now on.  They both drive my car like they are racing a single engine Yamaha enduro kart around Willow Springs-smooth, minimal driver inputs-very easy on tires, gearboxes, clutches.  

 

1. I usually cook when we are out in the middle of boo-font-foo - like Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla. I've also cooked at Laguna Seca when we've camped. If we hotel it (Vegas, Thunderhill, Fontana, etc.), I don't. So if you want in on 'the deal', I will contact you before the race. The more the merrier I say! 

 

2. "You have to be smooth before you can be fast". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chiefidiot    47
11 hours ago, Jamie said:

@Chiefidiot Can the VW not take 9 flat? Just for the record before the crash @Miata PI was flat from the Apex of 6 until the bus stop (after our aero bits got tweaked there was slight lifting exiting 6). But if I remember correctly Das Idiots believes aero doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 6.32.00 PM.png

 

If you mean 9 being the entrance of Bus Stop, yes, the Jetta can take it flat most of the time. That doesn't mean that I can take it flat all of the time, depends what was happening beforehand. If I took 8 too late (because I was watching someone elses race) we needed a little lift to turn the car and square it up for exit of Bus Stop.

 

Also, I don't think we ever said your Aero doesn't work. We know it works to provide drag. We always said it gives you too much drag everywhere else. Look at the car that won on Saturday, another Miata, ZERO aero and lost on Sunday by the MOV from Saturday.

 

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chiefidiot    47
11 hours ago, Voodoo Child said:

We aren't flat through there either.  On this lap, Troy lifted about the same time as the Jetta, but was back full throttle by the end of the rumble strip (our throttle sensor is calibrated wrong-completely off is 1/2 th rottle, 1/2 throttle is full)

T9 Entry.jpg

T9 Exit.jpg

 

11 hours ago, Voodoo Child said:

 

Beginning to think instead of herding my cats I should just come to the track and have @FlorahDorah spoil me like she does all you guys....

 

Ian--When you figure out how to easily export SmartyCam video let me know.  I am too old (or busy) to figure it out.  If I posted footage of Troy's first lap Mike Chisek would never let us race again.  

 

BTW-John Morton or Steve OHara will be taking first stint from now on.  They both drive my car like they are racing a single engine Yamaha enduro kart around Willow Springs-smooth, minimal driver inputs-very easy on tires, gearboxes, clutches.  

 

Bruce - I cheat. Using the free VLC player (which also displays the videos much quicker than QuickTime or other) you can simply go to the sections you want and record it. Then I just throw the new clip up into You Tube and viola! look here: https://www.vlchelp.com/cut-trim-videos-with-vlc-media-player/

I'd love to see John or Steve's lap(s) just to get an idea how to actually drive.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chiefidiot    47
21 minutes ago, Chiefidiot said:

 

If you mean 9 being the entrance of Bus Stop, yes, the Jetta can take it flat most of the time. That doesn't mean that I can take it flat all of the time, depends what was happening beforehand. If I took 8 too late (because I was watching someone elses race) we needed a little lift to turn the car and square it up for exit of Bus Stop.

 

Also, I don't think we ever said your Aero doesn't work. We know it works to provide drag. We always said it gives you too much drag everywhere else. Look at the car that won on Saturday, another Miata, ZERO aero and lost on Sunday by the MOV from Saturday.

 

 

@Jamie Just for you...a normal lap, following you.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamie    334

^That is totally me, I remember passing you and then catching that CRX in that corner.

 

As for the Arsenic comment. I battled with Arsenic on both Saturday and Sunday for long periods with Christian in the car. Christian comment was that he couldn't keep up in that section we are talking about. Our Aero totally made up for my shitty driving. Also we would gave been up another lap up on Sunday if it wasn't for Wilson's 50% take rate on black flags :lol:

 

The real question is how to we get Arsenic to come to Vegas?!

 

Edited by Jamie
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlorahDorah    170

So @Jamie speaking of your 'shitty driving' (yeah, right), I guess you learned how deep the RX-7 can brake? 

 

Ben saunters up to Mikiel and asks who is driving the car. And Mikiel says Alan @M.Brane. Then Ben says, tell Alan 'Jamie is sorry'. Mikiel comes over to me as I have the pit to car radio so I relay the message. Alan just laughed. 

 

I love racing with friends. :wub:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×