Bill Strong

2017 BBCR Update - v1.0.1

The CCWS Board of Directors and Director of Tech have asked that I update the BCCR with an amendment to the BCCR that concerns brake rotors.

So I thought about a new way of how to do future rule changes or clarifications.

This is what I came up with...

BCCR Title page will have the date of change, with revision number

Any and all revisions made using a form that I fill out with old and new wording. It will list head of tech approval, along with the board of directors approval.
Intent if the rule change will be added with future changes.

The changes will then be made to the BCCR. The idea is that the rule book is not littered with red markings or change info. All of that will be done with the amendment form.

The updated BCCR is now live.

Please review
http://chumpcar.com/downloads/2017ChumpCarBCCR.pdf

Now... after you have reviewed...

1. Opinions.

2. Should I post the amendment as a separate file on the website along with including it in the BCCR?

RuleAmendments2017v1.0.1.pdf

• Like 1

1 Opinion, I have grown accustomed to and like scanning each new rule set for red changes and see no issue with it that way.

2 Reading the amendment on the last page is fine but leaves room for it to be missed on earlier pages if not changed i.e. the way it is right now,because of a typo,you have (3) different  4.8.1

Rule changes as a separate file/location just look like unnecessary maintenance.

That's going to add a lot of pages to the rulebook if you post that much text every time a change is made!

I suggest the last page contain the rule number containing the change and nothing else. Keep old PDF versions in a different location, if you want to see what it was before you can go look at the old version. So the last page would just be like this:

Revision - section:

1.1 - 4.8.1

1.2 - x.xx.x

1.3 - y.yy.y

1.4- ...

regardless of what is, big improvement over mysterious changes, red changes, and disappearing sentences.

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 1

After speaking with various members and taking their input, I have moved the Amendment for to after the cover sheet and before the table of contents.

Added all changes done in that revision in red in the rule that is changed or clarified.

Exclamation of revision numbering...

V1.0.1

V1 is the version number. 
.0. is a major addition to the rule book
.1 would be a clarification or small word addition, price change etc.

Just like windows and mac os software changes, we don't change the Version main number (V1) unless there is a rewrite. 
Like if you did a rewrite of the rules in June 2017, it would be V2.0.0.

as for old versions, I have been keeping those in a different file location. So that when I redo the 2017 rules page, which I have to do, I will add links to these. 

Bill,

My $0.02...

Could you add a section in the Amendment form for something like intent of the rule? That way, in the future, we can look back and understand who, what, when where, why without having to guess or find someone who remembers what the rule change was for. We should be able to better judge if a rule change is working by knowing what the intent was in the first place.

I also want the separate Amendment form to document officially what the change is, who made the change and who posted them. We need paper trails for all this stuff. :)

9 minutes ago, dimitri.mariutto said:

Bill,

My $0.02...

Could you add a section in the Amendment form for something like intent of the rule? That way, in the future, we can look back and understand who, what, when where, why without having to guess or find someone who remembers what the rule change was for. We should be able to better judge if a rule change is working by knowing what the intent was in the first place.

I like this. I will ask the board and tech to include this information on future changes or clarifications.

• Like 1

I didn't know wheels fell into the 2x rule.  Is that new as well?    Glad we didn't buy those RPF1's     

30 minutes ago, Snake said:

I didn't know wheels fell into the 2x rule.  Is that new as well?    Glad we didn't buy those RPF1's     

Been that way for at least few years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, okkustom said:

I know the  Yugo has been done ... 

I hate to tell you this, but we're protesting the Yugo the minute it comes off the trailer, because THIS engine, which you guys swapped in, is NOT legal... Nor is it in the spirit of ChumpCar!! ;)

fiat six.jpg

Yes bro... we have spies EVERYWHERE!! :P

Edited by nissanguy38501

54 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

How are the assigned weights for swaps coming along?

How are you lads coming?  Getting 'er knocked out?

I like it, glad Wilwood lobbied to get the rotor rule updated. Now I can build my system and get some much lower cost pads. 

44 minutes ago, Ham Sammich said:

How are you lads coming?  Getting 'er knocked out?

Turning wrenches and working the points in search of the Holy Grail of racing - more fuel efficiency and faster lap times...

most of the weights have been done. we were waiting for one or two people to finish theirs as normal work got in the way.

25 minutes ago, ElectricGold said:

So for some cars wouldn't this now mean that Frozen rotors are no longer a 0 point item then?

Frozen rotors = stock rotors, how could anyone ever tell the difference in tech or impound? An aggressive interpretation would use Frozen Rotors price as the base for the 2X calculation... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mhr650 said:

An aggressive interpretation would use Frozen Rotors price as the base for the 2X calculation... 

Can't buy frozen rotors at NAPA or any other chain store. 

Edited by enginerd