Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, flyinglizard said:

Bob, if your gunna get  something cool get the best.   I have driven many exotics.  Maybe 40 Ferraris,( 308,328, 355, F40,

 BB 512, BB 512 LM, )  a couple of Countach,  GT 40, Lola,  etc. My favorite  Of these by far is the 1979  BB512  ( might be 78, last year with carbs, lots of carbs.. ) , Not the fastest   but makes the right noises and has the proper shifter thing . The most pleasant  driver ever. 

 

 

We'll see how it goes.  It's all lip service until I get a bunch of projects gone. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start with the oldest.

 

30 Model A Fordor Town Car Deluxe

31 Model A Tudor Sedan

80 Toyota Dolphin Motorhome

89 Honda CRX (Chumpcar)

92 Toyota Winnebago Motorhome

95 E350 12' Box Van Tow Rig

98 Venture Van (resale)

09 Chevy HHR Panel DD (custom)

2014 Nissan Altima (resale)

2015 Ford Fusion (resale)

Bandolero Race Car

5x10 TearGo hybrid teardrop and cargo trailer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 8:44 PM, flyinglizard said:

Bob, if your gunna get  something cool get the best.   I have driven many exotics.  Maybe 40 Ferraris,( 308,328, 355, F40,

 BB 512, BB 512 LM, )  a couple of Countach,  GT 40, Lola,  etc. My favorite  Of these by far is the 1979  BB512  ( might be 78, last year with carbs, lots of carbs.. ) , Not the fastest   but makes the right noises and has the proper shifter thing . The most pleasant  driver ever. 

 

F40,  drooling            Last of the Ferrari's without a computer if I'm correct.   I've wanted to drive one of them ever since I saw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Evilwheel said:

 

F40,  drooling            Last of the Ferrari's without a computer if I'm correct.   I've wanted to drive one of them ever since I saw it.

 

Over the last few weeks, I think I've weeded it down to an Audi R8 with the lamborghini V10.  My best bet for durability and the closest (relatively speaking) for service.

 

Now, to make this dream a reality, that's the tough part. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ham Sammich said:

 

Over the last few weeks, I think I've weeded it down to an Audi R8 with the lamborghini V10.  My best bet for durability and the closest (relatively speaking) for service.

 

Now, to make this dream a reality, that's the tough part. :)

 

You might be disappointed with that one.  Of the R8's in my car club there are two types of owners, the ones where that is their only supercar and the ones where that is one of several supercars.  If that is their only fast car they are enamoured with it.  If they have several+ fast cars it does everything well but sort of in a benign way.  With some of the wild cars you have done it might be too mellow. I was thinking you might be a Viper ACR type pre traction control.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The R8 is just a car that you cant get out of.  Too nice , too quiet, too Audi. At least get the Lambo version   Come on Bob, do the do.   Maybe look at the NSX . Cool , fastish, Honda ish. All kinda like Bob.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ron_e said:

 

You might be disappointed with that one.  Of the R8's in my car club there are two types of owners, the ones where that is their only supercar and the ones where that is one of several supercars.  If that is their only fast car they are enamoured with it.  If they have several+ fast cars it does everything well but sort of in a benign way.  With some of the wild cars you have done it might be too mellow. I was thinking you might be a Viper ACR type pre traction control.

 

I think I'm starting to understand the old dude in the new Corvette mentality.  Just once...ONCE, I want a reasonably fast car with a fricken warranty...  :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally found an '89 Fiero at the local pick-n-pull. They looked like this when new:

90_proto_small.jpg?w=531

Same engine as the ASC McLaren GP (3.1 intercooled turbo) and a 14.2 gallon fuel tank.

 

Sure glad the 2018 rules still list it!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 Toyota Tundra

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unnlimited Rubicon

2014 Ford Mustang GT500

1979 Jeep CJ5

1973 Ford Mustang Convertible

1972 Datsun 240Z

1971 Ford Torino GT Convertible 

1970 Datsun 240Z 

1970 Chevrolet Camaro Pro Touring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×