Sign in to follow this  
Kinger3287

Looking for parts and driving gear

Hi there,

myself and and a few friends are trying to put a team together. We are on the verge of purchasing a 2001 prelude so am looking for a line on spare parts. Especially wheels and tires. Also being new to the sport pretty much everyone on our team needs suits, helmets and neck braces so if anyone is selling those drop me a line.

looking forward to getting out on the track

thanks

Ian

Edited by Kinger3287

Welcome.  A number of people pick up gear from raceimage.com for used NASCAR fire suits.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kinger3287 said:

Hi there,

myself and and a few friends are trying to put a team together. We are on the verge of purchasing a 2001 prelude so am looking for a line on spare parts. Especially wheels and tires. Also being new to the sport pretty much everyone on our team needs suits, helmets and neck braces so if anyone is selling those drop me a line.

thanks

Ian

Perry Performance in Montreal has all the race gear you could ever need as well as expert advice.

Wheels and tires are not a problem either, unless you are looking for 15" , 5114.3.... wide....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ron_e said:

raceimage.com

+1 . best deal out there.

Helmet/neck restraints you will need new,  Zamp helmets seem to be some of the least expensive(Shop online)

Nexgen was cheaper then hans., try series sponsor Apex performance for it, tell em chumpcar and you may get addl discount.

Gloves, I found a great deal in the garage sale section of speedway motors online http://www.speedwaymotors.com/shop/garage-sale-safety-equipment~16386-3-24

8 hours ago, bbqman said:

Perry Performance in Montreal has all the race gear you could ever need as well as expert advice.

Wheels and tires are not a problem either, unless you are looking for 15" , 5114.3.... wide....

Great, thanks for the suggestion

15 hours ago, Ron_e said:

Welcome.  A number of people pick up gear from raceimage.com for used NASCAR fire suits.

Awesome, thank you!

6 minutes ago, Christian said:

Will that seat pass tech since its expired? 

It should yeah.  At the moment, chump does not require an FIA cert for the seat, only that it is a one piece and in good shape.  We currently run an expired Momo Daytona.

1 minute ago, Christian said:

Ya that's what I though from reading the rules its just the belts that need to be FIA cert.

Correct.  (FIA or SFI belts though too, right.  Without looking at the tag on our belts, Im pretty sure they are SFI)

12 hours ago, thewheelerZ said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I saw this ad yesterday and reached out to the seller. Going back and forth over the price for just the seat. Is there any paeticular type of seats that teams prefer to run for this series? Or is it pretty much whatever people can get their hands on for a reasonable price?

Thanks again 

If You or Someone else are Looking for Seats, I Just Found this ad for 4 APC race seats, $150 Each: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/kitchener-waterloo/apc-race-seats-new/1266085413?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

I bought 4 seats for a project but never ended up using them. Three are still in boxes and one is out for viewing. Asking 
$150 each.

On April 7, 2017 at 0:57 AM, Kinger3287 said:

Hi there,

thanks

Ian

Where you located