• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
jackrabb1t

Vegas 2017 - October or December?

I noticed on the website that there was no West Chumpionship race for awhile and then it was Vegas. Could be seeing poop though. 

Just heard back from Mike - LVMS IS WESTERN REGION CHUMPIONSHIP. 

Here's from the email: 

You are correct, there is some confusion about the West Chumpionship.  It seems that no matter what medium I try to use, people still miss my announcements!  We are sending out our monthly newsletter tomorrow and it will feature the LVMS Chumpionship in October.

One of the reasons for making LVMS the Chumpionship was for the reason you mentioned – the limited entries allowed at Laguna.  I knew that Laguna already had a number of non-Western teams registered for it and we would have ourselves an issue if that was the Chumpionship.  So LVMS it is, but that comes with it’s own issues.  Like no one likes LVMS.  To make Vegas more appealing we have secured a corporate rate for all teams at Caesar’s palace.  In addition, I will be giving away a $1200 10x20 pop up tent at the event.  I’m open to other ideas for boosting the appeal of LVMS if you have any.

If anyone has any ideas for boosting attendance at Vegas, please email Mike Chisek. 

5 minutes ago, LAMR2 said:

That must be a hell of a tent.

If it pops up by itself, I'm in.

Laguna is a great track but it makes no sense to make it the Chumpionship race due to limited entries and typical mid season sellout.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

Just heard back from Mike - LVMS IS WESTERN REGION CHUMPIONSHIP. 

Here's from the email: 

If anyone has any ideas for boosting attendance at Vegas, please email Mike Chisek. 

How about that @chisek has to bong a beer for every entry over 25 cars. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jamie said:

How about that @chisek has to bong a beer for every entry over 25 cars. 

How about a dunking machine? It's still hot enough in Vegas. 

On 8/21/2017 at 1:35 PM, FlorahDorah said:

So.... does everyone realize that the Vegas race is listed as the West Region Chumpionship and the December race at Laguna Seca is.... just another race? 

Hey, at least I can get second! Paul can spank the field, but since we qualified at Chuckwalla, and there are only 7 of us, we have a chance to podium!!

w00t!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Check your emails tomorrow morning. Everyone.

Received, thank you. 

3 hours ago, Chiefidiot said:

I still haven't received an email...

Did you add your email to this list? If so, contact Bill Strong directly; you should have gotten an email. 

https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=aa6ok6cab&p=oi&m=1102643164160&sit=8e4yvekeb&f=542e6b08-6e29-417e-80fa-f8b74f9d40e4

Edited by FlorahDorah

Thanks for updating the supplementals for this race.

So it looks to be a 16 hour single race across 2 days with parc ferme :)

Now we need to figure out what to do about tires...

Edited by KDJones2000
  • Like 1

This track is GREAT on tires!  We can EASY do it on 1 set and maybe run through only half the tire life.

Ben, that was in 2014, right after they had paved it.

I am thinking that it won't be as good this goaround.

Right now I have 2 sets of scrubs, and am debating if it makes sense to buy a new set or not.

Choices, choices

2 hours ago, KDJones2000 said:

Thanks for updating the supplementals for this race.

So it looks to be a 16 hour single race across 2 days with parc ferme :)

Now we need to figure out what to do about tires...

I emailed Mike Chisek yesterday about the fact that the supplementals reflected an 8+7 rather than a 16-hour with a parc ferme. Posting or asking questions on the forum will not get you answers. I can't say it enough: Email Mike directly about issues or questions.

The forum is the back porch of ChumpCar - only a few people back here, sipping beer and telling lies. 

2 hours ago, KDJones2000 said:

Lies?

Hmm, I thought it was at least the Front Porch, but I stand corrected.

Those days are long gone, it's Facebook now.

On 9/8/2017 at 4:40 PM, dogtired said:

Them cheap rooms is kinda high.....

That's for Ceaser's which is pretty high end and very nice. If you want cheap Vegas has that also, just get out of the center of town.