Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Bill Strong

      BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

      Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.

Recommended Posts

So I guess everybody is going to California instead of Minnesota in July? There are currently 5 teams registered for this event and it's less than 90 days away. Come on people! It's looking like this will be the only race my team can make this year due to scheduling and life. I don't want to see it cancelled. :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the date?  I'm on my phone,  (and incompetent with it)  or I'd look it up myself. :-) 

Edited by Ham Sammich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll want to bring your coolshirts and some ice.    70's-80's typically.      90's can happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tonkabot said:

You'll want to bring your coolshirts and some ice.    70's-80's typically.      90's can happen.

 

 

I did COTA in August last year. My cool shirt follows me everywhere

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team Kaput will be there. We usually sign up the week before. Nile racing will also be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Motorcrap plans to be there.  In the process of rebuilding the motor, had a number of races on it and the bearings were ready to call it quit.

 

Looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

offda.  and LOL that taking the ferry is about the same travel time....

 

brainerd.JPG.6c96f5bc5f192e4d03ec30fcfeac5624.JPG

 

Over the top is tempting as well.    55mph can suck, but can also help make up time compared to 70mph.   :ph34r:

 

brainerd2.JPG.8b9614e03367a47d95c787f90e067e65.JPG

Edited by NigelStu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

offda.  and LOL that taking the ferry is about the same travel time....

 

brainerd.JPG.6c96f5bc5f192e4d03ec30fcfeac5624.JPG

 

Over the top is tempting as well.    55mph can suck, but can also help make up time compared to 70mph.   :ph34r:

 

brainerd2.JPG.8b9614e03367a47d95c787f90e067e65.JPG

Definitely do the 'over the top' route.... pretty scenery to drive through, beats the heck out of Chicago traffic!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remind me. As I recall one year Chump was able to run the old course. It seems the old course is the one with the long straight with a mild right? The track they called Donnybrooke back in the day.

 

I ask as my build isn't a short and tight track car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bandit said:

Remind me. As I recall one year Chump was able to run the old course. It seems the old course is the one with the long straight with a mild right? The track they called Donnybrooke back in the day.

 

I ask as my build isn't a short and tight track car.

This year they are running the regular course on Saturday, and the "Donnybrooke" layout on Sunday. I just looked at a map, that is one heck of a long straightaway!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, enginerd said:

This year they are running the regular course on Saturday, and the "Donnybrooke" layout on Sunday. I just looked at a map, that is one heck of a long straightaway!!

Wish my junk would be ready. Oct. RA is going to be a challenge. Not likely to happen.

 

Donnybrooke is a helluva track.

 

Bring HP and brakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2017 at 5:49 PM, enginerd said:

This year they are running the regular course on Saturday, and the "Donnybrooke" layout on Sunday. I just looked at a map, that is one heck of a long straightaway!!

 

If i remember right, its something like 4000 feet.  Enough to check every gauge, tighten every belt, and make a quick phone call or two.

 

Its a fun track...but driving a fox body...I tend to favor the straights.

Edited by LX Sport
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LX Sport said:

 

If i remember right, its something like 4000 feet.  Enough to check every gauge, tighten every belt, and make a quick phone call or two.

Truly, an "old school" design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're in -- might need an experienced driver.  Anyone interested in renting a seat in a Maserati for the weekend?  It is not ridiculously fast (although we won class D at both Laguna Seca and Watkins Glen), but it is an Italian handful of fun to drive and the crew is just a bunch of fun.  Let me know soon --

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will be signing up as soon as the car is back together.

Still recovering from RA this spring. Just a note don't run valve springs that have 198000 miles on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just signed up.  Only have to get the motor back in the car...and make sure it runs.  Minor details.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LX Sport said:

We just signed up.  Only have to get the motor back in the car...and make sure it runs.  Minor details.

Oh, goody -- looks like we'll be trying to catch you all weekend again.........

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dipperk120 said:

Oh, goody -- looks like we'll be trying to catch you all weekend again.........

 

 

Dunno bout that...I think its gonna be the other way around this time.  But we'll certainly be keeping an eye on you guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, dipperk120 said:

We're in -- might need an experienced driver.  Anyone interested in renting a seat in a Maserati for the weekend?  It is not ridiculously fast (although we won class D at both Laguna Seca and Watkins Glen), but it is an Italian handful of fun to drive and the crew is just a bunch of fun.  Let me know soon --

 

Drivers set -- looks like we need one or two more crew members, though -- if anyone is interested, let me know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×