• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
Bill Strong

Official! Buttonwillow now a 8+7 hour enduro

1 hour ago, Ian Moone said:

Are there showers?

Some cold water immersion therapy after a smokin' hot stint would probably do anyone feeling not so great a world of good.

Besides,I don't want to have to worry about not being able to stand the smell of myself!

Yes. There are outside showers in between the RV area and pit lane. Inside showers are located in between the garages and the cart track. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kiwiracer said:

Anyone know if there's a Open Track Day Friday before the race, that's Chump Friendly ?

The BW Calendar does not mention one, but usually there's a open track day before races..   Anyone heard anything different?  

We would arrive Thursday night..   It also add's 1 more night for beers + bbq :-) 

I just tuned up our RV..  Should have music cranking + cold beers

Not necessarily. And there is not one scheduled AFAIK. You should check with BRP directly. 

You should also check with BRP as to whether you can check in on Thursday. 

Edited by FlorahDorah

8 hours ago, Miata PI said:

Hooked on driving is doing a track day... $270... LOL

I just emailed HOD.. suggested a Chump friendly rate, where we can run multiple drivers, perhaps just for the afternoon..  Lets see what they say.. 

On 9/1/2017 at 3:30 PM, Jamie said:

Rumor on the street I HOD is letting chumps use multiple drivers for $270

Mmmm, I sent them a email, no reply

So can we arrive Thursday night and camp at the track then ? anyone know ?

4 hours ago, kiwiracer said:

Mmmm, I sent them a email, no reply

So can we arrive Thursday night and camp at the track then ? anyone know ?

If I had this question, I would call Buttonwillow Raceway 661-764-5333....

• Like 1

On 9/1/2017 at 3:30 PM, Jamie said:

Rumor on the street I HOD is letting chumps use multiple drivers for $270

@Jamie ^^this is true, and it seems there are still spots left, we'll be there

Looks like we're going to get a break with the weather - high 80s during the day; high 60s at night. Bring it!!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FlorahDorah said:

Looks like we're going to get a break with the weather - high 80s during the day; high 60s at night. Bring it!!!!

I like your weather prediction better than what I see on W/U.

3 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

Weather.gov was my source....

And now it has updated to the low 90s.... tough to predict the future I guess.... But it's better than the 110+ it was this past weekend. 

Not sayin'; just sayin'. 

Just had a conversation with Mr. Chisek about the pit assignments and the track configuration. We will be running #13CW, so Pit-Out will be at the east end of pit lane and Pit-In will be at the west end of pit lane. Here is a link to the track maps for Buttonwillow: 

http://buttonwillowraceway.com/track-info/track-maps/

If anyone is interested in changing their pit assignment, you must find someone to switch with and inform Race Direction. We (Roto-Plooker Racing) would be interested in switching from the east end to the west end of pit lane if that suits anyone. PM me if you are interested. 

See y'alls on Friday. 

PS Mr. Chisek will take input on pit assignments prior to any race and before publishing the assignments. Feel free to flood him with your desires.... 

I spoke to the track today..  Track's closed Thursday night, but if you have a RV/etc you can park on the main driveway to the side and camp there Thursday night

Gates Open 7am Friday for Hooked on Driving..  I spoke to them today too..  Good Guys,  I am fairly sure they will give Chumps a break and allow us to swap drivers and run multiple run groups.  

The only thing we need to be aware of is many of their members are in High End Sports Cars,  We need to follow their run-group formats, passing rules and we can not have cars breaking down, or breaking the track..    

Weather looks nice !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pee Wee said:

40% chance of rain Sunday?

I'd be ok with that if it cools off. 

I heard back from Hooked on Driving tonight..  

If a team wants to take turns and just get one or two sessions and share sessions…no sweat….with ONE caveat and this has been a problem…if you have  3 advanced guys and a beginner, the beginner needs to buy a beginner slot and go by that run group’s rules…

Registration link is -> https://www.hookedondriving.com/event-details/Buttonwillow_25CW_9-8-17

We can share a registration (1 car, multiple drivers) we have to mention we are with ChumpCar during the registration so technically it could be up to $279/5 if they split it on their own and each get 20-25 minute sessions.

Their Schedule for the day is attached..  

Im pretty sure we will be camping at the Gate Thursday night if anyone wants to say Hi. 

09-08 Buttonwillow Schedule v2-1.pdf

we will be showing up around 1pm Friday.  Not doing HOD unless they cut me a sweet sweet deal for a session or two, so yea not gonna happen.

Turdmiesters (e36's) may show up on Sunday only, been working on them too!

See everyone Friday!

• Like 2

On 9/5/2017 at 10:12 AM, Jamie said:

This morning I heard @Bluto and @LAMR2 finished there engine swap and are trying to come! 

You are correct! Finished the motor re-install Monday and was able to start it then. We should be good with the car and with drivers now too. Thank you @Jamie for the list of drivers contact info, couldn't have gotten them together without it.

We'll see everyone Friday afternoon!

Edited by Bluto
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Bluto said:

You are correct! Finished the motor re-install Monday and was able to start it then. We should be good with the car and with drivers now too. Thank you @Jamie for the list of drivers contact info, couldn't have gotten them together without it.

We'll see everyone Friday afternoon!

That is so frickin' awesome! 

On 9/5/2017 at 3:43 PM, FlorahDorah said:

Just had a conversation with Mr. Chisek about the pit assignments and the track configuration. We will be running #13CW, so Pit-Out will be at the east end of pit lane and Pit-In will be at the west end of pit lane. Here is a link to the track maps for Buttonwillow: 

http://buttonwillowraceway.com/track-info/track-maps/

If anyone is interested in changing their pit assignment, you must find someone to switch with and inform Race Direction. We (Roto-Plooker Racing) would be interested in switching from the east end to the west end of pit lane if that suits anyone. PM me if you are interested. 

See y'alls on Friday. 

PS Mr. Chisek will take input on pit assignments prior to any race and before publishing the assignments. Feel free to flood him with your desires.... 

Can @Miata PI pit next to you? Makes it easier to borrow your fuel when we enviably forget ours once Wilson shows up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right front fender damage is "repaire d", Front brake pistons re-inserted and system bled, pack and roll down tomorrow night for the HoD test...stop by and say hi as you roll in on Friday, gonna be a good time.

2017-09-06 18_20_12-Photo - Google Photos.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jamie said:

Can @Miata PI pit next to you? Makes it easier to borrow your fuel when we enviably forget ours once Wilson shows up. 

BWAHAHAHAHHAH.... 

16 minutes ago, CGDerian said:

Right front fender damage is "repaire d", Front brake pistons re-inserted and system bled, pack and roll down tomorrow night for the HoD test...stop by and say hi as you roll in on Friday, gonna be a good time.

2017-09-06 18_20_12-Photo - Google Photos.jpg

Roger that! 

• Like 1