• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
Bill Strong

Official Thompson Speedway Test + 12-Hour Enduro 2017

thompson17.png

“Thompson” Friday Schedule:

Test & Tune Information: Friday, hosted by Thompson Speedway. Cost TBA

12:00pm Gates Open

1:00pm Tech & Registration begin

1:00pm Test Session Drivers Meeting

2:00pm Test session begins

5:00pm Novice school

6:00pm Tech & Registration ends

6:00pm Test Session Ends

“Thompson” Saturday Schedule:

6:00am Gates Open

7:00am Drivers meeting

7:50am Cars to grid

8:00am Green Flag/Start Endurance Race

8:00pm Checker Flag

8:05pm Post Race Inspection

8:35pm Awards Ceremony

“Thompson” Sunday Schedule:

No on-track activity

Thompson Supplemental Rules:

Download and read the CCWS BCCR: http://chumpcar.com/rules.php

Reading the rules is required by all CCWS drivers, crew and car builders.

Pit, Paddock and Garage Supplemental Rules:

 SRPP1 – Pit lane spaces will be assigned.

 SRPP2 – No crew members are allowed over the wall until the team car has come to a complete stop in the pit box.

 SRPP3 – The Hot Pit Lane will be the exclusive fueling area. Fueling of race cars shall be completed by use of 5-gallon plastic jugs and funnels, hoses or other fueling adapters as specified in the ChumpCar BCR. Jugs must have sealable lids/caps. Metal fuel drums or other fuel containers and caddies with manual pumps (no electric pumps) and hose lines are allowed to re-fill plastic jugs but are not allowed for re-fueling race cars. All fuel storage must be maintained on the “cold” side of the pit wall or kept within your transporter.

 SRPP4 – All teams shall have one (1) fully-charged 10LB ABC fire extinguisher in their pit area.All teams shall have one (1) 10LB bag of kitty litter or other reasonable absorbent for oil leaks and/or fuel spillage in their pit area. Having a broom handy is also be advisable.

 SRPP5 –Drivers may remain in the car during fueling and driver changes may also be completed. All engines and electrical kill switches must be off during fueling. NO WORK ON ANY CAR SHALL BE COMPLETED DURING REFUELING.

 SRPP6 – All work and/or repairs that can be made to your race cars in under thirty (30) minutes may be executed in the Pit Lane; all repairs requiring more than 30 minutes time must be completed in the Garage Area. A penalty of 1 lap for every five (5) minutes of work in the pit lane that exceeds 30 minutes shall be levied.

 SRPP7 – All team members over the wall during fueling must wear a Nomex driver’s suit, gloves, and a full-face helmet.

 SRPP8 – Electric, propane or kerosene heaters within the “cold” side of the pit wall are allowed provided all heating elements or flame sources are directed away from any flammable material and are kept a minimum of 20’ from any fuel storage. No open flame stoves or BBQs are allowed in the cold pits.

 SRPP9 – All cars, used or junk parts too big for a normal trash can, empty fuel drums and anything else you brought with you must be taken out with you. If you leave it behind, we’ll track you down… and it won’t be pretty.

Entries for The Thompson 12

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   All Rhodes Racing 995 1995 BMW 318TI
2.   Baller Racing Team 204 1987 Honda CR-X
3.   Boston Whiners 44 1991 BMW e34
4.   BS Motorsports 182 1987 bmw 325i
5.   ChubbyGecko Motorsports 651 1991 Nissan 240SX
6.   Continuous Rotation Racing 173 1990 mazda miata
7.   crazy horse racing 669 1985 ford mustang
8.   DRVOLKS.COM 150 1998 VW Beetle
9.   Falkensteiner 664 1989 Honda Civic
10.   FASTHOG 165 95 bmw 325i
11.   Flying Burrito Boys 617 2002 Volkswagen Golf
12.   Flying Burrito Boys 653 1995 VW Golf
13.   Flying Burrito Boys 391 1996 BMW 328is
14.   Jamaican Bakin 426 1987 BMW E30
15.   Jamaican Bakin II 420 1993 Mazda Miata
16.   legacy auto sports 264 1995 mazda miata
17.   legacy auto sports 266 1993 mazda miata
18.   McParland Motorsport 185 2000 Honda S2000
19.   MLC Racing 513 1986 Chevrolet Camaro
20.   MLC Racing 256 256 1987 Chevrolet Camaro
21.   MLC Racing 768 768 1999 Dodge Neon
22.   Mostly Motorsports 294 1990 MAZDA RX-7
23.   Nein Shiza Autosport 529 1993 Mazda Miata
24.   Never Star*T Racing 59 2001 Nissan Sentra
25.   Occams Racer 582 1994 Mazda Miata
26.   Ramp Sandwich 697 1988 BMW 325I
27.   Rhinocerous Racing 283 1986 FORD MUSTANG LX
28.   Short Fuse Racing 923 94 BMW 325 IS
29.   Shut Up Racing 234 1987 BMW 325i
30.   StepBrothers 265 1988 BMW 325is
31.   T and A Racing 380 1992 BMW 325i
32.   Team Intergalactic 707 1992 bmw e36
33.   Team Koko 30 1991 BMW 318is
34.   team rooster racing 451 1996 Dodge Neon
35.   Vallely Racing 298 1984 Chevrolet Camaro
36.   Visceral Racing Group 918 1987 Porsche 944
37.   Ztek Racing 53 1995 Honda Accord

The Thompson Speedway race is nearly upon us! 

Hopefully by now all of you are loading your cars, and stacking all those little extra bits into your trailers.. But, if history is any guide, some of you are still doing minor repairs, or tweaking that new aeronautical part, you know, the one inspired while watching the F1 race! 

There's not a whole lot of updated information. Most of the details you might need are in the supplemental rules. Need them? They can be found here: Thompson

There is one important detail. Thompson is charging a $20 entry fee for any unregistered entries on Saturday. So Friday, make sure you get all your wrist bands for drivers and crew, and make sure everyone has their wrist bands on when they enter Saturday. 

Pit Assignments: Your pit assignments are done and can be found here

QUESTIONS:  If you have questions about the race, registration or payment process, email me and I will respond ASAP.  

We had a great event last year and so far we have doubled our entries for this year. We are very much looking forward to seeing each of you at Thompson again this year!

All the best -
The ChumpStaff

So it's never too early to start talking about a good race!

This will be our second trip up to Thompson and I decided to take a look at the post race thread from last year to see if there was any feedback that could help me improve this year's event. As I was reading through, several posts caught my attention..

..."We can't wait to come back here next year.  For all of those who chose not to come to Thompson, you missed a challenging fast track, with no FCYs; 12hrs of nonstop racing!"

...."Moreover, only two local yellows of any significant duration.  Both disabled vehicles were removed quickly,"

..".We had a great time and happy with out first top 5 finish, car #53 Ztek Racing. Nice job to Ron and his team for getting that car back out and winning this past weekend. Weather was great and as stated before no full course yellows which lead to great racing and a close battle at the end for the 2nd and 3rd place running cars. Look forward to coming back to this track next year."

..."Thompson is a great little track and fun to drive. The 12 hr format was perfect."

..".Great event, Great track, Great weather and Great Racing!!!"

..."Just adding on to every other comment so far... A great intro to ChumpCar, endurance, and true Wheel-to-wheel racing for a guy who'd never done anything but a single HPDE and track day. Every staffer at Thompson Speedway, all the Chumpcar crew, from Mike on down, and especially all the other drivers and crews made one guy's intro to racing an experience of a lifetime. Special shout out the the #189 Schumacher Taxi team for their great race"

This is a great track and we are looking forward to another terrific event in the New England area. If you're signed up, tell your friends. If you're on the fence, take the plunge and come race with us!

Dana

*** New information about garage rental and practice/test track time Friday added in new post below****

Edited by DuncanDana
added infomation
  • Like 2

This will be our first race and we are pumped to get on track.  Thompson is a great facility with friendly staff and everyone I've met with ChumpCar has been great.  Can't wait to get out there racing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowman said:

This will be our first race and we are pumped to get on track.  Thompson is a great facility with friendly staff and everyone I've met with ChumpCar has been great.  Can't wait to get out there racing.

As your first event, there's a couple emails to keep an eye out for. The first will be to Team Captains about 2 or 3 weeks before the event. I'll be asking about pit requests and a few other things. The second will go out maybe 5 to 7 days prior with final event details. We use Constant Contact and the email in your membership. Sometimes people have to catch it in their spam filter. 

Dana

• Like 1

Attention!!  All you cheaty and fast teams out there. Come to CT and see if you can beat our cheaty and fast 944!!!  We won the inaugural event last year,  see if you can knock us off our pedestal!  

W e.  D o u b l e.  D o g.  D a r e.  Yo u. ?.  For the Southern teams come up north and get out of the heat for a few days.  It's $600 for 12hrs of racing you can't go wrong with that price!

Seriously,  if anyone has any questions or needs help/advice with their new team in the CT area I would be happy to help.

Ron

Edited by Ronh911
  • Like 4

On 7/9/2017 at 0:28 AM, Ronh911 said:

Attention!!  All you cheaty and fast teams out there. Come to CT and see if you can beat our cheaty and fast 944!!!  We won the inaugural event last year,  see if you can knock us off our pedestal!  

W e.  D o u b l e.  D o g.  D a r e.  Yo u. ?.  For the Southern teams come up north and get out of the heat for a few days.  It's $600 for 12hrs of racing you can't go wrong with that price!

Seriously,  if anyone has any questions or needs help/advice with their new team in the CT area I would be happy help.

Ron

Challenge accepted! LOL 4th overall just won't do this year! :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, djsteviec said:

Challenge accepted! LOL 4th overall just won't do this year! :)

We look forward to racing with you again this year Steve.  If your car is still only using 3 wheels to turn I'm going to be pissed if you beat us!

• Like 2

What is the car count limit for this race? I am looking to sign up for this race but we still have a few more things to wrap up with the car before I can financially commit to it.

We will be there hope to see every one. We have fixed a bunch of stuff that killed use at WG installed a new water to air inter cooler pulled out 12 ft of tubing .  Here are some test dates

and the L@@@@@ race that Friday 8-11 is a test date open to all

Track Night SCCA  (4-8pm) :

Thompson

July 13

Aug 7

Palmer

July 27

Open practice (all day)

NHMS

Aug 4

Any of those work ?

TT

IMG_1351.JPG

What a deal !  12hrs of track time.      scca majors events are higher entry fees for 2hrs of track time over 3 days.  This is a real no brainer.  

Chumpcar is truly the best endurance series in the U.S.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

What a deal !  12 16hrs of track time.      scca majors events are higher entry fees for 2hrs of track time over 3 days.  This is a real no brainer.  

Chumpcar is truly the best endurance series in the U.S.

2 hours ago, JDFyfe123 said:

What is the car count limit for this race? I am looking to sign up for this race but we still have a few more things to wrap up with the car before I can financially commit to it.

We have plenty of room for more teams and the registration system allows you to register right up to the last minute before the race. So get busy and come race with us!

Dana

For those of you in the area, we could use a couple volunteers for this event. We don't need too many, but right now we don't have any additional help. So if you can't race, consider working pit-lane with us.

Thanks all, Dana

3 minutes ago, DuncanDana said:

We have plenty of room for more teams and the registration system allows you to register right up to the last minute before the race. So get busy and come race with us!

Dana

Thank ya sir! I appreciate it, we're working away at it now and hope to be signed up here in the next month or so. 

The TrackNight event in the rain last night wasn't as much fun as I had hoped, so at least they keep their HPDE cheap.  With an open top Miata, I sat in a puddle most of the night.  At least I confirmed that everything on the car worked properly.  Hopefully Aug 7 will be a better test session.

• Like 1

For those of you who would like to get a garage, Thompson Speedway will be handling those rentals directly. If you plan to run the Practice / Test day on Friday you will need to register for it separately from the race.

Rentals and registration for both can be found at this link: http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/reservations

For garages, follow the link titled Garages. To register for the practice / test event, look for the link titled ChumpCar Test.

I will include this information in the group emails I send out before the event. But I thought those of you who like to get things settled early might want to get this information now.

Thanks, Dana

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DuncanDana said:

For those of you who would like to get a garage, Thompson Speedway will be handling those rentals directly. If you plan to run the Practice / Test day on Friday you will need to register for it separately from the race.

Rentals and registration for both can be found at this link: http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/reservations

For garages, follow the link titled Garages. To register for the practice / test event, look for the link titled ChumpCar Test.

I will include this information in the group emails I send out before the event. But I thought those of you who like to get things settled early might want to get this information now.

Thanks, Dana

It shows for that Friday only garage space with that fee will it cover both days?

can we camp over night?

It shows $100 per day  plus 200 track test fee

I have called but no one could help?

Bob Mann

www.DRVOLKS.com

bobtec@comcast.net

drvolkslogo.jpgtdtuninglogo.jpg

25 minutes ago, DRVOLKS said:

It shows for that Friday only garage space with that fee will it cover both days?

can we camp over night?

It shows $100 per day  plus 200 track test fee

I have called but no one could help?

Bob Mann

www.DRVOLKS.com

bobtec@comcast.net

All good questions... 

The garage rental is for the event, that's both days. Whether you are running the practice / test or not you can use the garage Friday and through the race on Saturday.

There is a designated camping area just inside the main gate. This would be just outside of turn one. According to their track rules these are the only designated areas where you can have campfires, but I do not see any information about hook-ups. You can also stay in your paddock space if you have a self contained rig. The only restrooms I see are in the paddock area, I'm checking to see if they have showers also. 

Hope this helps, Dana

I thought the entry fee paid to ChumpCar covered the race and the Friday 2 to 6PM testing.  Is it correct then that the entry fee covers ONLY the race, and that track opportunities Friday requires another $200 payment, to Thompson?  Just trying to be sure; TIA.

When we signed up the test day was included like it was last year.  I don't think its fair to change the fee after we book a race. 

Edited by Mellow Mike
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 9:46 AM, JONCOFF said:

I thought the entry fee paid to ChumpCar covered the race and the Friday 2 to 6PM testing.  Is it correct then that the entry fee covers ONLY the race, and that track opportunities Friday requires another $200 payment, to Thompson?  Just trying to be sure; TIA.

I'm circling back with the track on this, stand-by..

Dana

• Like 2

Well, I've checked and the track is managing the Friday test and practice session separately from our event. So for garages and to run on Friday you will need to book with the track through their website.

Thanks, Dana

dont feel to bad I gust we are getting a deal!!!

Friday, 11 August 2017
Aug race

7:30am: Gates open
10am-5pm: Thompson hosted track testing. $250. Sign up for testing on Thompson's website - Follow these links on thier site: Click Facility, then click 

Bob Mann

www.DRVOLKS.com

bobtec@comcast.net

Edited by DRVOLKS