• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
Bill Strong

Official VIR24 - The Lifeline 24-Hour Classic August 12-13, 2017

4 minutes ago, mindspin311 said:

Hey Phil, what is the plan for headlight enforcement?

Pointing and laughing at people who drive off the track in T1 because they couldn't see at 2 am.

S. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mindspin311 said:

Good luck with this endeavor.

honest answer - there is none - run as bright as lights as you feel like you want and can afford, and aim them to the heavens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Good luck with this endeavor.

honest answer - there is none - run as bright as lights as you feel like you want and can afford, and aim them to the heavens.

Exactly, but that shouldnt be the case.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mindspin311 said:

Thats always been the big question.  You have to have two working headlights and no more than four that meet the following rule/s. 

(4). 9.9.2.1. CONVENTIONAL BULBS: 9.9.2.1.1. No single light bulb or light source shall exceed 60W for H3 or H4 bulbs, or 35W for HID bulbs. 9.9.2.1.2. Bulbs must match the housing and lens that they were originally designed for. 9.9.2.1.3. No vehicle may have mounted less than two (2) or more than four (4) headlights. A headlight is defined by the number of illuminating bulbs or sources – not by the housing. 9.9.2.2. LED FIXTURES: 9.9.2.2.1. Cars equipped with LED head- or driving-lights shall be restricted to a maximum of 8,000Lumens. Teams using LED lights MUST have documentation to prove Lumen data. 9.9.2.3. Combined Lighting Sources: cars using a combination of BOTH H3/H4/HID and LED lights shall be limited to a maximum of 4,000 Lumens of LED lighting and no more than two (2) lighting sources using conventional H3, H4 or HID lights. 9.9.2.4. All headlights must be installed such that the base of the driving light lens is NO HIGHER than six inches (6”) above the highest point of the stock front fender and, NO FURTHER BACK than the centerline of the front axle

I'm currently working with a manufactuer and trying to educate myself on how we need to enforce this rule and possible reword our current rules on the Lumens ratings. For VIR if we feel they are to bright we will need for you to produce the Lumens output rating of the lights you are running to see if they meet the above rules.

Phil 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, enginerd said:

I think it's awesome. Pro series seem to have a lot of watch sponsors.. 'rolex 24'.. 'tag heuer renault engine'.. etc. !

exactly.  i suggested "timex 24 hours of virginia" as a homage to the "rolex 24 hours of daytona"

99957149_v_1423938134.jpg

m116500ln-0002.jpg

Edited by jtower
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2017 at 9:49 AM, Bill Strong said:

Updated test session info - 

8:00am Test session drivers meeting

8:30am-10:30am Open test session

Fees included with your race entry fee. (free)

Last year y'all allowed passengers. Same?

Lighting. If I'm not mistaken or perhaps this has changed, we are not allowed any tape or tinting on the rear window. Putting some tape across the top of your rear glass would help a lot. Can this in some way be allowed? I see many pro teams doing this at night races. I also fold my wing mirrors in at night (sorry, I have a big curved mirror inside and although not ideal is legal). I just don't see how the Chump staff can police maladjusted lights with 100 entries. 

Edited by frankrehnelt

updated the registered teams. up to 95 now.

19 hours ago, jtower said:

exactly.  i suggested "timex 24 hours of virginia" as a homage to the "rolex 24 hours of daytona"

99957149_v_1423938134.jpg

Timex is the official supplier of watches to another series. 

we want no lawsuits.

3 hours ago, mindspin311 said:

So about that 90 car cap....

PpUVuoW.png

We oversell full events to compensate for teams that fail to show up (yep, it happens).  We are limited to 45 cars at Laguna Seca, but I sold 50 spots.  If you look at the results page, only 45 cars made laps.

I've already had one team email me to move their entry from VIR to Sebring.  More will drop out before the green flag.  What if no one dropped out?  Give it 2 laps, we'll be under 90 cars.

• Like 11

The heat and humidity will probably knock a few out before the race even begins!:blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronh911 said:

The heat and humidity will probably knock a few out before the race even begins!:blink:

Chump Staff have been workin out and are ready to endure to the end ...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

Over under it rains more than one hour 

Put me down for 5 hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

Thankfully there is a clothes dryer in our villa.

S. 

14 hours ago, okkustom said:

Chump Staff have been workin out and are ready to endure to the end ...

Aimee thought I was going to die at Richmond last weekend. in was 113 degrees on the Richmond Speedway parking lot.

2 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Aimee thought I was going to die at Richmond last weekend. in was 113 degrees on the Richmond Speedway parking lot.

Did your tears evaporate before they hit the pavement?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

One can only hope! Let it drizzle y'all 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:08 AM, Mopar 63 said:

Just wanted to add a reminder about lights, espically brake and running lights.  We have spent a lot of time on the headlight rules and enforsement but not on brake and running lights.  

Make sure these are working and are bright enough to be seen.  Clean off your lenses, check your grounds, add a third brake light just in case one fail or just add new ones.  These rae relatively cheap and will save you a meatball flag.

See you'll at VIR

Phil 

What is the definition of running lights?

"Running lights" do NOT appear in the rules.  The only Running type lights mentioned are the number panel illumination lights.

Our car only has 4 headlights and 2 tail lights, and 2 panel lights.  I assume this is still legal.

6 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

What is the definition of running lights?

"Running lights" do NOT appear in the rules.  The only Running type lights mentioned are the number panel illumination lights.

Our car only has 4 headlights and 2 tail lights, and 2 panel lights.  I assume this is still legal.

Referring to 9.9 section of the BCCR you should be fine:

9.9. HEADLIGHTS, TAILLIGHTS AND BRAKE LIGHTS

9.9.1. For Daytime Events: Headlights may remain in or on the vehicle, however all glass must be taped

or covered during the event.

9.9.2. For Night-time Events: All cars must be equipped with suitable headlights. Headlights may be

OEM or aftermarket. Cars having more than four (4) light sources mounted on the car, whether

working or wired for use, will be required to COMPLETELY REMOVE all lights above the count of

four (4).

9.9.2.1. CONVENTIONAL BULBS:

9.9.2.1.1. No single light bulb or light source shall exceed 60W for H3 or H4 bulbs, or 35W for

HID bulbs.

9.9.2.1.2. Bulbs must match the housing and lens that they were originally designed for.

9.9.2.1.3. No vehicle may have mounted less than two (2) or more than four (4) headlights. A

headlight is defined by the number of illuminating bulbs or sources – not by the

housing.

9.9.2.2. LED FIXTURES:

9.9.2.2.1. Cars equipped with LED head- or driving-lights shall be restricted to a maximum of

8,000Lumens. Teams using LED lights MUST have documentation to prove Lumen

data.

9.9.2.3. Combined Lighting Sources: cars using a combination of BOTH H3/H4/HID and LED lights

shall be limited to a maximum of 4,000 Lumens of LED lighting and no more than two (2)

lighting sources using conventional H3, H4 or HID lights.

9.9.2.4. All headlights must be installed such that the base of the driving light lens is NO HIGHER than

six inches (6”) above the highest point of the stock front fender and, NO FURTHER BACK than

the centerline of the front axle.

9.9.2.5. Headlights must be aimed properly, such that all light is directed at track level.

9.9.2.6. Cars not meeting these requirements, or with improperly aimed, or blinding lights shall be

black-flagged and brought-in to add, repair, or adjust lights to meet this requirement.

9.9.3. Taillights: All cars must have a minimum of two (2) operational taillights that remain on at all

times whenever headlights are on. Taillights may be OEM or aftermarket. No car shall have more

than four (4) taillights. Taillight illumination shall be as bright or brighter than a 1034 or 1157 bulb

but shall not be so bright as to overpower/out-light operating brake lights. Multi-filament and

combination brake/taillight assemblies are allowed.

9.9.4. Brake Lights: Each car must have at least two (2), but not more than four (4) working brake lights

that are easily seen from the rear.

9.9.5. Headlight and taillight assemblies (and all associated hardware) are considered safety items and

do not count toward your car’s total points.

9.9.6. All glass and/or plastic taillight and brake light lenses that may be damaged from vehicle contact

are to be taped-over with clear packaging or other strong clear tape. Do not use Scotch tape.

9.9.7. Accessory (Theme) Lights:

9.9.7.1. Accessory lights are NOT ADVISED on or inside any wheel assembly (as the lights are often

mistaken for sparks).

9.9.7.2. Accessory lights inside the cockpit and driver compartment should be kept to a minimum. If

the lighting is determined to be a nuisance to other drivers or race officials, ChumpCar shall

have the right to order the lights removed or turned off.

9.9.7.3. No accessory lights are to look like or be mistaken for an emergency vehicle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Time to get back on the bicycle  Bill ...  just get one of those big seats like I have, for the bicycle that is ..

• Like 1