• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
Bill Strong

Official VIR24 - The Lifeline 24-Hour Classic August 12-13, 2017

Last time I went to VIR I spent as much time karting as I did in the car. Can we do a fast lap karting competition? That track is sick

1 minute ago, Jamie said:

Last time I went to VIR I spent as much time karting as I did in the car. Can we do a fast lap karting competition? That track is sick

Does that mean you are coming?

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, mostmint said:

Looky there 3 GM FWD.  And 44 RWD BMW.  Seems fair.

I feel better about only 3 of us out there... since we will likely be the slowest.

My car is unique looking though =]

• Like 2

On 8/1/2017 at 9:34 PM, mostmint said:

Just received confirmation email on garage rental.  One of the lines in the reply struck me as funny:

• Campfires/Ground fires are not allowed. Fires must be contained in a portable and self-contained off the ground fire pit. Campers must bring their own firewood; use of VIR Property as fire wood is prohibited.

That is funny.  It really says some one has done all of the above in the past.  

The supps say registration starts at 5pm, but the recent email suggests tech and registration can be done in the staging area.  Can registration be done before 5pm in the staging area?

4 hours ago, mindspin311 said:

Whats the word on cost to spectate?

VIR is charging $20. at the gate.

This just got mailed out...

Hello Chumpers!
Our Much Anticipated 24-Hour Race at Virginia International Raceway is finally here!!  Our longest, hardest, and coolest event of the year!!
Just a quick reminder that Tech and Registration begins at 5:00pm and ends at 8:00pm on Friday. We have A LOT of cars at this race so make sure you take the time to come to registration and get your vehicle signed in.  And remember -- only ONE member of your team needs to go to registration with your yellow log book.  The fewer people hanging out in line, the faster it will go.
A few teams have not completed their driver's lists or paid their entry fees.  So please go online and check to make sure your team is ready to race.
Please contact me if you have any questions or problems with your online entry and I will be happy to help you.
Have a safe trip to Virginia!  Let's go racing!!!

Katherine Miller 
Eastern Registrar 
www.chumpcar.com

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 10:35 AM, mindspin311 said:

Whats the word on cost to spectate?

It's the 24 hour. Someone must need "crew".

• Like 1

I'm not going to make the race this year, but since my wife and kids aren't around I will see if I can listen to the entire 24 chump cast. My bucket list has always had watching the entire 24 hours of LeMans on TV on it, but it will be way more interesting to watch a race that has friends in it (I was part of a team that podiumed last year).  Those watches are pretty freaking awesome.   Of course they may make the red mist even thicker....

• Like 1

Looks like there will be more need for rustproofing than sunscreen and cool shirts this year...

IMG_2948.PNG

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

In Alton it's only a 20% chance Sat. 11 am and 3 pm when it's a possible rain shower. It's going to feel like it's almost 100 degreea

It's going to rain like a mofo. 

download-3.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Huggy said:

that surprise I mentioned... 

top-gear-Nissan-Pickup-2.jpg

Hondas love VIR. 

Edited by red0
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Huggy said:

How many points?

• Like 1

article-2553860-1B3F426900000578-118_634x384.jpg

There is one item of G.I. gear that can be the difference between a live grunt and a dead grunt. Socks, cushion, sole, O.D. green. Try and keep your feet dry when we're out humpin'. I want you boys to remember to change your socks wherever we stop. The Mekong will eat a grunt's feet right off his legs

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

1 miillion...  if it rains....no rain...12

I can't remember high school math enough to figure out the square feet of those drums...

• Like 1

I think 

12 hours ago, Huggy said:

Naw Huggy it ain't gonna fly ,or float whatever , I was deep into point calculations and about to pm you for the engine horsepower for the swap and realized even though its a Honda that motor did NOT come a car on the list ..  It's EC for you my friend and that means no watches either ..  Oh has Chip practiced this jewel yet it's gona take him a wyle to get used to that rear stear deal. .

2 hours ago, okkustom said:

I think 

Naw Huggy it ain't gonna fly ,or float whatever , I was deep into point calculations and about to pm you for the engine horsepower for the swap and realized even though its a Honda that motor did NOT come a car on the list ..  It's EC for you my friend and that means no watches either ..  Oh has Chip practiced this jewel yet it's gona take him a wyle to get used to that rear stear deal. .

Chip will just raise his pinkies a little higher off the wheel and all will be right with the world.