• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
red0

2018 Nation Championship

I cannot be more please with the direction this series is moving! 

national championship.jpg

• Like 4

So now it is a ChAmpionship and no longer a ChUmpionship?  Just curious, not complaining except for the 31 hour tow distance.

Huh. A lot closer than I thought... the google machine is telling me 11 hours....... might hafta put this one on the radar. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, skierman64 said:

National championship in June?  Seems early.  

I imagine performance in 2017 will be the main qualifier for entry to this race in 2018. Should give teams time to prepare and plan (wouldn't be good for attendance if, for instance, you qualify for the race at the AMP east coast chumpionship and have to make hurried plans for the national race just 1 month later.)

Besides, for us Chicago people, by November the car is apart and engine is out because we won't race again until April at the earliest! A mid winter, southern location chumpionship wouldn't be good for us so I'm happy :)

2 minutes ago, enginerd said:

Besides, for us Chicago people, by November the car is apart and engine is out 

Huh?  I'm suppose to pull my engine?  

We race all year championship can happen whenever ...   Chump Car Gets an A for this deal ..   Chump Car Gets an A , I wonder ??

42 minutes ago, okkustom said:

We race all year championship can happen whenever ...   Chump Car Gets an A for this deal ..   Chump Car Gets an A , I wonder ??

I agree I am in Chicago area and raced December and Feb.

I have wanted a national championship again since 2011. Thanks Mike C and staff!

Edited by red0

3 hours ago, Ron_e said:

now it is a ChAmpionship and no longer a ChUmpionship?  

Maybe the series is being renamed to ChAmpcar? Has a certain familiarity to it. 

• Like 1

Gee , now who would ever want to be called a champ ...  the complaints would be never ending ..   it ain't gona fly ..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, okkustom said:

Gee , now who would ever want to be called a champ ...  the complaints would be never ending ..   it ain't gona fly ..

Except that there is only ever one Champ, the rest of us are still Chumps...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ABR-Glen said:

Maybe the series is being renamed to ChAmpcar? Has a certain familiarity to it. 

Yes -- the distinct aroma of failure.... >;)

Curious when we will find out more about this race, I realize we have a lot of racing left in 2017 but it will be interesting to see who can sign up.

14 hours ago, Five Benjamin Racer said:

Curious when we will find out more about this race, I realize we have a lot of racing left in 2017 but it will be interesting to see who can sign up.

We are discussing it. How the field is determined, what the cutoff dates are, etc...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slugworks Paul said:

No the shop you pay will do it :)

5mPQjR9.gif

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Slugworks Paul said:

No the shop you pay will do it :)

Why would i pay to pull a perfectly good motor that burns about 8 oz of oil in a 16 hour race weekend?  I bet we get 2 or 3 more seasons out of it unless somebody buzzes it. 

3 minutes ago, skierman64 said:

Why would i pay to pull a perfectly good motor that burns about 8 oz of oil in a 16 hour race weekend?  I bet we get 2 or 3 more seasons out of it unless somebody buzzes it. 

IDK, I am on season 3 of a motor that burns 1.5 quarts an hour. :wacko:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, red0 said:

IDK, I am on season 3 of a motor that burns 1.5 quarts an hour. :wacko:

Loose is fast !

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Evilwheel said:

Loose is fast !

I think that's usually the suspension set-up ... ;)

Fastest is a broken-in (but not worn-out) short block with fresh heads.