• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
frankrehnelt

NL24 replaces VIR24?

Just now, Crank Yankers Racing said:

All we need to do is add rain to NL and it'll be perfect

I heart you!

• Like 1

I liked the 24 @ VIR. Its one of my few remaining bucket list races. Not that it really matters but I would pay to fly and rent a seat at the VIR 24 but wouldn't for Nelsons. But I am happy to see this series (whatever it may be called next year) continue to run 24s, it shows there commitment to the "hardcore" racers. My guess is that double 8s are more profitable and easier to run. 

If the problem is the tax on the staff I understand why only one 24 hour race.

Changing the VIR August event to double 8 is not going to allow us to see if we can support two 24 hour races.

Doing anything less than a 24 at Nelson will affect the draw - we have already seen that.  And I do not like 7+7 or 8+8 these races are too short to test team and car preparedness.   

58 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

We are bringing 555 and 556.  we might have a hard time getting enough drivers!

I should have enough to field Violette...depending on who I can get to drive my slow turd.  I won't be driving the 555 or 556 due to my car being there.

31 minutes ago, mostmint said:

If the problem is the tax on the staff I understand why only one 24 hour race.

Changing the VIR August event to double 8 is not going to allow us to see if we can support two 24 hour races.

Doing anything less than a 24 at Nelson will affect the draw - we have already seen that.  And I do not like 7+7 or 8+8 these races are too short to test team and car preparedness.   

Then you can create your own parc ferme in-between races and test your true cars preparedness for the double 7 or double 8 weekend.

1 minute ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

I won't be driving the 555 or 556 due to my car being there.

unacceptable.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

Then you can create your own parc ferme in-between races and test your true cars preparedness for the double 7 or double 8 weekend.

:o:lol:

Unlike you superior car builders, I struggle to keep a car running for double 7s and 8s. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I just tried to register.  It says the event is full....

The registration glitch is fixed. Thanks for your patience (and for pointing out we had a problem).

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

The registration glitch is fixed. Thanks for your patience (and for pointing out we had a problem).

So I see we already have 7 teams signed up....will those registrations be reset for next year?

Just now, Crank Yankers Racing said:

So I see we already have 7 teams signed up....will those registrations be reset for next year?

Nope. they are locked in.

Well this is not fair.  I want more equal rights around here in ChumpCar.

Life is not fair. Get used to it. 

Besides, you are getting married soon; You have NO IDEA how many rights you are going to lose.

This is the tip of the iceberg my friend.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Besides, you are getting married soon; You have NO IDEA how many rights you are going to lose.

Man can't we all just joke around here........don't take life too serious Doc :) 

• Like 1

Man can't we all just joke around here........don't take life too serious Doc :) 

Yeah...you know me. Always SOOOO serious.

13 minutes ago, thewheelerZ said:

I heard that those 7 cars get the first spots on the grid and start on pole... WTH.... :ph34r:

It's these kinds of posts which have caused you to lose picture posting privileges ;)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wait til he has a kid or 2.....

• Like 4

I would go back to Nelson. But then I remember pooping in a hole and loosing my drivers gloves when they fell out of my suit. Have they switched to more traditional toilettes?

1 minute ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

I would go back to Nelson. But then I remember pooping in a hole and loosing my drivers gloves when they fell out of my suit. Have they switched to more traditional toilettes?

It's still quite rustic, but rumor is bathrooms are high on the list of things to be replaced by next season.

4 minutes ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

What's more traditional than an outhouse?

• Like 1