Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Bill Strong

      BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

      Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
Bill Strong

Official Gingerman 2017

Recommended Posts

Just now, wvumtnbkr said:

ohhh, snap!

 

Burn.

 

I will be happy to be at 1:50.xxx for my fast lap.  Anything below that is gravy.  Anything above that is pitiful...


In 2014 the fast lap of the race was a 1:49.9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, red0 said:


In 2014 the fast lap of the race was a 1:49.9

I just figured that 5 seconds off fast lap is about where we usually end up with our car.  Im hoping that with all gears in the trans working properly, we can shorten that gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I just figured that 5 seconds off fast lap is about where we usually end up with our car.  Im hoping that with all gears in the trans working properly, we can shorten that gap.

 

Last year Premium Dudes won, and we were running 1:48s -1:49s all day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect! 

 

Last time I ran Gingermen, we were racing a 78 Chevy Malibu...  Fast lap of:  1:47.6...  Holy Crap!! I didn't realize that car hustled that well. 

 

How much time does the "new" configuration add?  I think that was with the old configuration.

Edited by wvumtnbkr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Perfect! 

 

Last time I ran Gingermen, we were racing a 78 Chevy Malibu...  Fast lap of:  1:47.6...  Holy Crap!! I didn't realize that car hustled that well. 

 

How much time does the "new" configuration add?  I think that was with the old configuration.

 

ging.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, red0 said:

Last year Premium Dudes won, and we were running 1:48s -1:49s all day. 

That was the day it rained for the first 3 hours of the race. After the track dried out we had a best lap of 1:47ish.

 

Sunday we dipped into the high 1:46 range on fast lap and got 3rd place. 

 

With over double the cars this year, such high caliber of teams, and some performance mods opened up over the winter, I think a repeat performance wouldn't even break the top 5!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hi_Im_Will said:

 

Embellish much?

 

Capture.thumb.PNG.4b244efc2500b85a8b294f4063bd1ab1.PNG

 

 

Oops. I went to check and couldn't find it. 42 just sounded right. My wife has a rule about my embellishments, I exaggerate in multiples of 3, doesn't apply here but funny. 

Edited by Jamie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IT's official.

I will set the lap record in the 1998 Toyota Sienna minivan with the 3.0 liter V6. It's been modified; No roof rack. 

 

I will be there Friday to do a ChumpCast Live event. Get your in-car cameras sorted, please.

Join the event here.

https://live.racecast.me/event/5991f20b4559211dd6646934

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

IT's official.

I will set the lap record in the 1998 Toyota Sienna minivan with the 3.0 liter V6. It's been modified; No roof rack. 

Gingerman Raceway is combining the ChumpCar test with a regular 'open track day' in different run groups. You will be able to sign up that minivan and run it on Friday!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no. I was kidding. Thanks for calling my bluff. 

It has 165,000 miles on it. I have been daily driving it since the beginning of the month. I want to see if I can do a 12-hour drive with no issues. 

The little guy in my head says take the RAM 2500. But the devil dude says frack it, take the daddy van.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

no. I was kidding. Thanks for calling my bluff. 

It has 165,000 miles on it. I have been daily driving it since the beginning of the month. I want to see if I can do a 12-hour drive with no issues. 

The little guy in my head says take the RAM 2500. But the devil dude says frack it, take the daddy van.

 

Do you have to stop after 8 hours and change the hubs?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as we are taking home ccws hardware we never care. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, enginerd said:

Gingerman Raceway is combining the ChumpCar test with a regular 'open track day' in different run groups. You will be able to sign up that minivan and run it on Friday!!

 

Per Gingerman Friday will be for Chumpcar only.  Track is to be hot all day accept for lunch hour.

IMG_1621.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Do you know when the track goes hot?

 

Drivers meeting is at 8:15 so I would assume shortly after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Z06LOL said:

 

Per Gingerman Friday will be for Chumpcar only.  Track is to be hot all day accept for lunch hour.

IMG_1621.PNG

Thanks for the clarification! 
I was going on apparently inaccurate / no longer accurate information from Facebook and from their website. The website had space to select to do track day for either Chump or Advanced or Intermediate.

 

Friday August 25 will be a busy day here at GingerMan! 9am-5pm we have an open track/practice day before the CHUMPCAR World Seriestakes over. We have plenty of room for Advanced and Intermediate drivers to come out and get track time. And we still have space for Chumps to drive as well. $200 to preregister online at: https://gingerman.configio.com/ShoppingCart.aspx… Or $225 at the gate on arrival. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, did I piss someone off already?  I know it's a truck, but no pit assignment for the #118 Nissan P/UI?  I hope this isn't a sign of optimism on our ability to get there and run....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, enginerd said:

Thanks for the clarification! 
I was going on apparently inaccurate / no longer accurate information from Facebook and from their website. The website had space to select to do track day for either Chump or Advanced or Intermediate.

 

 

 

 

It actually appears that Gingerman changed there mind since sending me that email.

 

They are stating the new format will be  20 minute sessions and alternating the track with street cars.  ?

Edited by Z06LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×