• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
Bill Strong

Official Gingerman 2017

6 hours ago, thewheelerZ said:

Sounds like a perfect departure time to maximize your time spent on the 401. :D

Silly mazda owner, when you travel in short bus style the 407 cameras can't see your plates.

Does anyone know what time gates close on Friday? We will be getting in late evening and want to make sure we don't end up stuck outside since we plan to camp.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, J Mills said:

Does anyone know what time gates close on Friday? We will be getting in late evening and want to make sure we don't end up stuck outside since we plan to camp.

Thanks!

Open 24 hours 

9 hours ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

Silly mazda owner, when you travel in short bus style the 407 cameras can't see your plates.

Just when I think my team is getting somewhere, I am reminded that I still have so much to learn. :huh:

No bandwidth. My feed keeps crashing. So just doing Facebook video, image and text updates

What number is the old TBR car?  Was it the team or is it the car?

I'm guessing #723 with the colour of (multi)?

Edited by Ron_e

I borrowed a one man brake bleeder from a team, but I don't know which one. I couldn't find you today. Please let me know if you're on here so I can return it to you

18 hours ago, Ron_e said:

Correct.

19 hours ago, Ron_e said:

Both. A good car went to a good Team

• Like 2

Did anyone happen to accidently take an EX-UP cover (black with wheels, one wheel is broken) 

missing my 10X20 cover I was pitted  in the 22nd pit stall

Congratulations to @Hi_Im_Will and the GWR guys on their win on Sunday. You totally deserved it. To put together a new car and win on its first weekend is a unbelievable feat. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Z06LOL said:

Did anyone happen to accidently take an EX-UP cover (black with wheels, one wheel is broken) 

missing my 10X20 cover I was pitted  in the 22nd pit stall

TRMotorsports #318 picked up your cover after the event. Email Woody@TireRack.com with your address and we'll ship it back to you. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Good run gwr.  I thought we had you guys covered until our loss of brakes.

I thought we might catch you anyway until I sucked at driving and the water temps hit 235.  You built an awesome car, congrats on the 2nd place!

51 minutes ago, Hi_Im_Will said:

I thought we might catch you anyway until I sucked at driving and the water temps hit 235.  You built an awesome car, congrats on the 2nd place!

Will's definition of "I sucked at driving..." as he came from just over a lap down in the final hour to catch Rob's  very quick rx7.

(in a slight rain drizzle besides...) I think most any other team would be pretty happy with these: 

Nice job Will and Chris and the GWR team. 

image.png

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 2

Gah.  Im still feeling BLAH about the whole thing.

1) Glad the car worked pretty well on what we thought of as a test weekend.

2) Bahhhh that we were sooo close and just lost brakes. 

• Like 3

Rob, you guys ran a great race!

It was nice to see your car exceed your pre-weekend expectations. Great job getting your swap sorted out so quickly. You ought to be proud, more than anything else.

5 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Gah.  Im still feeling BLAH about the whole thing.

1) Glad the car worked pretty well on what we thought of as a test weekend.

2) Bahhhh that we were sooo close and just lost brakes. 

That sucks. Gingerturd is hard on everything. Eats tires and brakes. 

As stated before Rob, that is clearly the worst sandbagging ever. 

Pretty happy with our weekend. Two trips to impound with a 2nd and a 4th, as well with three ginger virgins driving. No real damage, just a bent up splitter and a starter that needs to be replaced. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mcoppola said:

Will's definition of "I sucked at driving..." as he came from just over a lap down in the final hour to catch Rob's  very quick rx7.

(in a slight rain drizzle besides...) I think most any other team would be pretty happy with these: 

Nice job Will and Chris and the GWR team. 

image.png

The real credit goes to Lynn, who drove right before me and took 3-6 seconds per lap out of Rob's lead.  He got us in position to take advantage of any mistake or failure the GMS car might have, all I did was putter around and try to keep the car together. 

59a46e57d5ec5_gingermantimes.thumb.PNG.84a6c212d14b7add6cc380f40095faf5.PNG

Seriously - look at those times.  I averaged a full second slower than him.  Dude was a machine reeling in Rob's car.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hi_Im_Will said:

The real credit goes to Lynn, who drove right before me and took 3-6 seconds per lap out of Rob's lead.  He got us in position to take advantage of any mistake or failure the GMS car might have, all I did was putter around and try to keep the car together. 

59a46e57d5ec5_gingermantimes.thumb.PNG.84a6c212d14b7add6cc380f40095faf5.PNG

Seriously - look at those times.  I averaged a full second slower than him.  Dude was a machine reeling in Rob's car.

Yeah...  I was puttering around too.  My team was telling me that you guys seriously stepped up the pace.  They didn't inform me that I should go faster. 

Wish I would have known.  I was doing 1:52s and 3s.  I could do 1:50 in traffic if I wanted to.  I just wanted to hand the car over with something left...  Guess I failed at both!

You guys were seriously quick and I can't believe you guys took like 2 or 3 more stops than us and still ran us down.  Great driving!

I hope to have something for you at Pittsburgh!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 4:49 PM, Ron_e said:

Yes, #723, Dirty Side Down Racing is the former Tubby Car.  And the team is the former Bavarian Mustache Werks.

Its a solid car, and we know how to use it.  While we don't have the ultimate pace of the fastest cars (and won't ever based on points/economy balance), we have decent speed and can make the full 2 hours (unlike majority of the uber-fast lap time potential cars).  The balance is almost there; I calculated that ~2 seconds per lap average is what we would have needed to be on same lap as GWR/GMS on Sunday and estimating based on data that getting rid of the push we had would given us 1.5-2 seconds lap time potential (at least at Gingerman).

So, both. :)

• Like 2