• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
Bill Strong

Official Sebring Fall 2017

Some of you are still cleaning up while you prep your car.  The good news is you get to take a break and race at Sebring in a few days!

The roads are getting cleared, the power is being restored and fuel trucks are refilling supplies.  Life after a hurricane is a lot of work, but at least you have a weekend of racing to look forward to.  We are down a few entries this year due to the storm, but we still have a large field that will make for a great race.  Read on to get important event info.

Gates - It's unclear if any other clubs have canceled their events this week.  Our contract has us entering the track at 5pm on Friday.  If this is the case, we'll tech & register outside.  If no other group shows up on Friday, then the gates will open at noon.  Why don't I know for sure yet?  SIR phones are still not working.

Paddock - The paddock is first come first served.  There are very few spots with power and water and we do not reserve those for anyone.  The good thing though is that there is plenty of room for everyone.

Tech - If you have not had your annual tech for 2017, bring your car through the tech line along with all your paperwork filled out.  Make sure you have read the rules.  Swap cars with no paperwork will likely be put in EC unless tech is in a good mood.

Registration - If you are already tech'd, bring your yellow logbook directly to registration.  Before you arrive, log in and check your driver roster for accuracy.  Make any corrections ahead of time.  If you are paid with the correct drivers, check-in is a 3-minute process.  If you are not coming (work issue, car issue, etc), email me to let me know you will not be there.

Novice School - 6pm upstairs in scoring tower.

Exit Time - The track is rented on Sunday to another group.  All ChumpCar teams must be out of the main paddock by 6am Sunday morning.  You can drop your trailers outside of the main paddock after the race and pick them up when you leave on Sunday.

Pit/Garage Assignments - Here are your pit and garage assignments.
http://files.constantcontact.com/00477aab001/3ffe6e49-0a4a-46be-9762-96a3cea8ea58.pdf

Finally - The Sebring area is still recovering from hurricane Irma.  It is advised for teams to bring as much fuel as you can as well as food and drinks so as not to tax the local supplies. 

A reminder: read through and print out the Supplemental Rules for this event here.
https://www.chumpcar.com/register/supplementalrules/321.pdf

If you have any questions about registration, please contact Andrea Chisek here. andrea.chisek@chumpcar.com  Any other questions you can contact me here. michael.chisek@chumpcar.com

We're looking forward to seeing you all in FL!

The ChumpStaff

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pintodave said:

Wait - you have a generator big enough to run a water heater??? Only water heater mine will run is the coffee maker :lol:

well thats the important one. 

Due to my Irma's effect on the team and my work schedule, I am not going to be able to make the race. :(

I have two rooms available at the Chateau. (Sept 22-24)

PM me your email info and we can get them transferred over to you.

Thanks!

Todd

Edited by Luckyontheducky
Add dates

4 hours ago, Luckyontheducky said:

Due to my Irma's effect on the team and my work schedule, I am not going to be able to make the race. :(

I have two rooms available at the Chateau. (Sept 22-24)

PM me your email info and we can get them transferred over to you.

Thanks!

Todd

1 room gone,  the other released. Y'all have fun!  ?

16 hours ago, Luckyontheducky said:

Now we'll be one place closer to the Podium.

• Thanks 2

On 9/16/2017 at 11:50 PM, pintodave said:

Wait - you have a generator big enough to run a water heater??? Only water heater mine will run is the coffee maker :lol:

https://video.costco.com/v/1873467523/champion-7000w-running-9000w-peak-duel-fuel-generator-electric-start/

Oddly enough the generator itself is no longer on Costco's site, but yes.  I got it for less than the average 5kW unit that Home Depot sells because I got it when it was on sale at Costco.  

A guy I work with claims you can also turn off one of the elements and then you can run it on a much smaller unit, but I haven't tried that yet.

If you think about it, its the biggest waste.  Using gas to heat air to turn pistons to generate electricity to heat up water.  Whatever.  Wife was happy to have a hot shower.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ddombrowski said:

If you think about it, its the biggest waste.  Using gas to heat air to turn pistons to generate electricity to heat up water.  Whatever.  Wife was happy to have a hot shower.

Probably best to not utter that phrase on an amateur racing forum...

But more importantly, the latter part is really the key.  

• Like 2

Maybe we should come up with an emergency recirc system called "the happy wife happy life emergency water heater", just hook it up to the race car and heat the water to 180° - BAM! Race car just became a necessity :lol:

• Like 3

On 9/17/2017 at 10:20 AM, Bill Strong said:

Gates - It's unclear if any other clubs have canceled their events this week.  Our contract has us entering the track at 5pm on Friday.  If this is the case, we'll tech & register outside.  If no other group shows up on Friday, then the gates will open at noon.  Why don't I know for sure yet?  SIR phones are still not working.

itsatrap.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While I cannot say for sure,  a friend of a friend, a Sebring local, reports no more lines at the gas stations local to the track, either they have no gas or the crisis is over.

Edited by Team Infiniti

Gas stations have gas but there's still a lot of places without power.    Outback, Chilis, and Sonnys were not open still as of today.   Not sure on Starbucks and Panera.  Inn on the Lakes is operational.    Hopefully by the weekend the whole town will be back operational. 

Highlands County Schools are finally starting back up tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Gas stations have gas but there's still a lot of places without power.    Outback, Chilis, and Sonnys were not open still as of today.   Not sure on Starbucks and Panera.  Inn on the Lakes is operational.    Hopefully by the weekend the whole town will be back operational. 

Highlands County Schools are finally starting back up tomorrow. 

Taco Bell ? :) 

I'm getting ready to give back a $105 room for Fri. & Sat. to Chateau Elan at the track if anyone needs it.

25 minutes ago, flboy7x said:

I'm getting ready to give back a $105 room for Fri. & Sat. to Chateau Elan at the track if anyone needs it.

I just text one of my guys to see if he found one.... will update this post hopefully in 10 minutes...

Edit: we are good, he got a room thanks

Edited by pintodave

Plan your pit strategy accordingly :lol: :lol:

"Christian Numerologist Says World Will End On Sept. 23"

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/09/20/september-23-end-of-world-theory/

"Further casting doubt on the theory, a Montreal-based radio producer attempted to book Meade for an interview to discuss his prediction, but he informed her that he wasn’t available for interviews until next week."

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pintodave said:

Plan your pit strategy accordingly :lol: :lol:

"Christian Numerologist Says World Will End On Sept. 23"

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/09/20/september-23-end-of-world-theory/

"Further casting doubt on the theory, a Montreal-based radio producer attempted to book Meade for an interview to discuss his prediction, but he informed her that he wasn’t available for interviews until next week."

Red flag condition?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Allright you guys and gals have a great race weekend ! !!!!!    I sure hope one day I'll make it to this great track ..

• Like 4