• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
Bill Strong

Official Pittsburgh International Race Complex 2017 Fall Race Information

2 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

The age restriction is new.  Is that a track designated thing?

Also, it took us 3 phone calls to get a spot for our rv with power.  Call now.

RV?

Yep.  My buddies parents have 1.  They are letting us borrow it if we sleep in sleeping bags on top of the beds....

47 minutes ago, Gearhead_42 said:

Damn. My daughter was really looking forward to this too ?

Why,   Isn't some of the pits closer to the fence on one end?

Edited by DEE DEE

1 hour ago, Gearhead_42 said:

Damn. My daughter was really looking forward to this too ?

Without committing to anything, and for a totally non-specific random question.. How old does your daughter look?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, DuncanDana said:

Without committing to anything, and for a totally non-specific random question.. How old does your daughter look?

There has got to be a better way to say that....:DIMG_2972.JPG.87822a6539559dba1c7022aa6517fd73.JPG

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Yep.  My buddies parents have 1.  They are letting us borrow it if we sleep in sleeping bags on top of the beds....

We, being us zipped together?

9 hours ago, DuncanDana said:

No good, she's definitely a "kid"... She just really likes to be in the middle of the goings on.

No worries, we'll make accommodations. WGI is a known, ok, no kids at that race due to NY rules, but was hoping Pitt could stay a bit more family friendly. 

All good, see you at the track.

On 9/7/2017 at 3:22 PM, shutupracing said:

Does anyone know if passengers are allowed during the test day through pittrace?

At Thompson we were getting grief for not having a passenger window net. 

They allowed passengers during the practice last year, but I cant say for sure this year.

On 9/7/2017 at 3:22 PM, shutupracing said:

Does anyone know if passengers are allowed during the test day through pittrace?

At Thompson we were getting grief for not having a passenger window net. 

They allowed passengers during the practice last year, but I cant say for sure this year.

32 minutes ago, oldschool1921 said:

I am still working out the details of the Practice Session with the track, stand by for further..

Dana

3 hours ago, Gearhead_42 said:

No good, she's definitely a "kid"... She just really likes to be in the middle of the goings on.

No worries, we'll make accommodations. WGI is a known, ok, no kids at that race due to NY rules, but was hoping Pitt could stay a bit more family friendly. 

All good, see you at the track.

Just to be sure, you know that a minor child is not banned from the track, she just can't go beyond the chain-link fence separating the paddock from the pits.

15 minutes ago, tommytipover said:

Just to be sure, you know that a minor child is not banned from the track, she just can't go beyond the chain-link fence separating the paddock from the pits.

Understood perfectly.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DuncanDana said:

If your tent is self supporting you can place it in your paddock area, but you cannot drive any stakes into the asphalt of the paddock.

:o

On 9/14/2017 at 1:37 PM, DuncanDana said:

If your tent is self supporting you can place it in your paddock area, but you cannot drive any stakes into the asphalt of the paddock.

I see this, and the first thought which passed my mind was: "DAMN IT, CARL!"

last year at Pitt the test day was split between chumpcar and non-chumpcar and they rotated back and forth.  they didn't care about passengers either way.

knowing the track from last few years, they'll decided based on number of cars at the time of probably

Ok everyone, I just sent out an email to the Team Captains about the practice and test session Friday. I know this may not answer every question, but I think it will give you enough information to plan with.

Practice:  So, here's what we have regarding the practice session Friday. Practice will be run as a standard practice/test event by PIRC. The afternoon will be divided into 20 minute sessions. Some sessions will allow passengers/instructors with point-by passing only, other sessions will be solo driver with open passing. What I cannot tell you right now is how many sessions you will get. PIRC has to set some sessions aside for their street car customers, and may have to set aside a session for open-wheel cars if enough sign up. We probably won't know that until the event weekend.

Tech for Practice:  PIRC requires each car to present a self completed tech form. The form is available on the registration website, or you can fill one out Friday at the track. Passengers and instructors will be required to have seats and safety equipment equal to that of the driver. Please keep in mind that the practice session is run and administered by PIRC, their decisions regarding tech, safety, and on track behavior will rule for the Friday event.

Tech for ChumpCar:  You do not have to complete ChumpCar tech prior to running the practice session. However, tech for the race will close at 6:00pm Friday, if you are running the practice session please ensure you take the time to bring your car through tech Friday.

Thanks, Dana
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoachMK21 said:

It's a self tech form.  Like a self evaluation at your job.  I'm great at everything, give me a raise :)

Oh sweet, then my car is tip top me g'vnor. 

• Like 2

Very much looking forward to the weekend here. It's been a crazy busy fall (Work - strange that every machine builder in the world is to start electrifying their machines at the same time... Trucks, Buses, Excavators, Wheel Loaders, Pavers, Compactors... Running like a Gerbil in the wheel and still not keeping up with half of it! Then soccer refereeing, the boys' travel soccer,  college visit trips...I sure do need this race weekend to decompress a bit!)  I'm quite happy that we parked the Wagon up in Ohio after the Mid-Ohio race and that Peter has done all the servicing without any need for me to stay engaged. 

I'm too cheap to want to replace the Koni shocks because of the 2017 rules, so we'll run EC so no need for the RX-7 teams to worry about us in Class B B)

Looking forward to seeing y'all!

18 hours ago, DuncanDana said:

Ok everyone, I just sent out an email to the Team Captains about the practice and test session Friday. I know this may not answer every question, but I think it will give you enough information to plan with.

Practice:  So, here's what we have regarding the practice session Friday. Practice will be run as a standard practice/test event by PIRC. The afternoon will be divided into 20 minute sessions. Some sessions will allow passengers/instructors with point-by passing only, other sessions will be solo driver with open passing. What I cannot tell you right now is how many sessions you will get. PIRC has to set some sessions aside for their street car customers, and may have to set aside a session for open-wheel cars if enough sign up. We probably won't know that until the event weekend.

What time does Friday's practice start?

2 hours ago, farran05 said:

What time does Friday's practice start?

12pm. Chump only runs in the afternoon. Pretty sure it ends at 5pm. 

• Thanks 2