• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.
JamesDev

Cadillac CTS for a chumpcar?

Sounds like the owner has the brakes figured out.

With all stock parts they can be difficult with the V's being 6 bolt that generation. Mix and match like he's planned should be fine.

On 9/26/2017 at 10:20 PM, flyinglizard said:

Like I said above, Syks runs the pictured  ex WC car (in maybe AER)  and cant keep it going. Expect lots of money before it stops the entire race.  gear box, engines,  cooling .  

Love the car tho.  Had a couple at Chin. 4-5 laps , done.  They rock daytona tho. Lift at 150 in the V .  The 3.6 directinj car romps hard.    

Someone is running the ex WC CTS car somewhere?  Gear box is the getrag 260  with the v6 same as the BMW's 

On 9/29/2017 at 10:40 AM, JamesDev said:

Gear box is the getrag 260  with the v6 same as the BMW's 

This is correct. Don't know why I was thinking it was an Aisen.

12 hours ago, Bandit said:

This is correct. Don't know why I was thinking it was an Aisen.

The 2003 5 speed is a Getrag 260 but has an integrated bell housing and doesn't interchange with the BMW. The 6 speed in 2005 to 2007 are Aisen. 

On 9/26/2017 at 11:03 AM, JDChristianson said:

How do you motivate new teams?  

I think the overall should remain remain primary but I'm not sure some secondary classes really hurt anything.  

Will, did your team really feel like you were competing against all 60 cars at Gingerman or really about 10 or 15 that are sort of close to the level you guys are at?   

There aren't any extra points if you are claiming it as a 2005 to 2007 because that's what they came with and that's all you could get with the 3.6L.  

I  love the idea of a CTS. We own a 2005 CTS-v and that car is mind blowingly awesome. Tons of power and corners great at autocross events.

Question! Why not start with a 2004 CTS-V, and swap out the LS6 with the 3.6 engine, 500 points even. You retain all of that CTS-V beefed up parts, plus with the 14in brakes (From what I read) the hubs can be swapped for 5 lug vette hubs. It's a direct swap so you could keep the ABS. Plus, you could run it with an automatic to -75pts. After you use 20pts to install a large trans cooler, you can use the extra points to run headers, or whatever.

While I know removing an LS6 to replace with a v6 is blasphemy, the LS6's are becoming hard to find. I'd bet selling that engine alone would pay for a standard CTS donor car!:) 

Edited by Mike.g

1 hour ago, Mike.g said:

I  love the idea of a CTS. We own a 2005 CTS-v and that car is mind blowingly awesome. Tons of power and corners great at autocross events.

Question! Why not start with a 2004 CTS-V, and swap out the LS6 with the 3.6 engine, 500 points even. You retain all of that CTS-V beefed up parts, plus with the 14in brakes (From what I read) the hubs can be swapped for 5 lug vette hubs. It's a direct swap so you could keep the ABS. Plus, you could run it with an automatic to -75pts. After you use 20pts to install a large trans cooler, you can use the extra points to run headers, or whatever.

While I know removing an LS6 to replace with a v6 is blasphemy, the LS6's are becoming hard to find. I'd bet selling that engine alone would pay for a standard CTS donor car!:) 

It's a lot cheaper to start with a non-v CTS and add some V stuff than the otherway around.  A first generation CTS-V still brings over 10,000 for a decent one. The shocks, springs, and sway bars are the only suspension component that differ from a CTS-V to a CTS.  The knuckles, sub-frames, control arms, and bushings are all the same.  

• Like 2

I think you would need to claim it as a CTS V and then apply the 50 point swap charge to it, plus trans swap, plus rear end swap. That would be WAY more expensive (points wise) than having a CTS and adding V swaybars.

Edited by wvumtnbkr
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I think you would need to claim it as a CTS V and then apply the 50 point swap charge to it, plus trans swap, plus rear end swap. That would be WAY more expensive (points wise) than having a CTS and adding V swaybars.

I guess you could go about it the other way. Finding a V as a donor and pulling what you need. Copart has few V's right now. Just sayin' :)

image.thumb.png.53d5c3d72f17c5ef0c52572b15117664.png

image.thumb.png.ea7c42409213a8e2bf06d5ce4e8116bd.png

3 hours ago, Mike.g said:

I guess you could go about it the other way. Finding a V as a donor and pulling what you need. Copart has few V's right now. Just sayin' :)

image.thumb.png.53d5c3d72f17c5ef0c52572b15117664.png

image.thumb.png.ea7c42409213a8e2bf06d5ce4e8116bd.png

Hmmmmmmm......

A beater V would be fun.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 12:01 PM, Team Infiniti said:

Claimer rules have never been popular, not to mention, it aint always what you have, its what you do with it, we may have been 5th last night but it seemed we were the only podium car on stock springs/shocks.

Uhhhh, a no, you weren't.

• Like 1