Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Bill Strong

      BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

      Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.

Recommended Posts

Here is a picture of the engine from a few months back that came through the shop.  

 

Sludge, Not my Engine.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Gross, straight up car abuse

 

Great build!  Can't wait to see it on track.  I had an 07 CTS-V before I had a kid, loved that car...never understood the whole 6 bolt deal.  It was like they just took some truck parts off the bin and slapped them on.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jab31169 said:

^ Gross, straight up car abuse

 

Great build!  Can't wait to see it on track.  I had an 07 CTS-V before I had a kid, loved that car...never understood the whole 6 bolt deal.  It was like they just took some truck parts off the bin and slapped them on.

 

 

In 04/05 GMPP was about the only place to get wheels for them.

 

Bought a set for winter tahrs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Prob would have been fine tracking it minus the refresh ;)

I was thinking a quart or two of diesel and it would be race ready...:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bandit said:

I was thinking a quart or two of diesel and it would be race ready...:D

We do gaskets/seals/chain guides and spark plugs:o

 

The less air you let inside a old engine the better!

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

We do gaskets/seals/chain guides and spark plugs:o

 

The less air you let inside a old engine the better!

Had to pull a head so thinking may do bearings. (Three broken exhaust manifold bolts. Ugh. Avi has one too. GM, please spend a few pennies more on good ex bolts. Geezus)

 

Doubt it though. Pressure is good so not concerned.

 

Looking forward to more on this car. To be honest the big reason I went with a Monte is the parts availability. Considered a CTS but finding a manual isn't that easy and next to no aftermarket.

 

The OP knows the cars well, so can put together a brake setup that would have left me stymied.

 

Think this thing will surprise a few guys.

 

And I hope it does.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

This has never stopped us, we need more odd cars!

I agree.

 

I really liked the 72 Grand Prix from a couple years ago that wasn't slow.

 

Unfortunately they weren't on the forum.

 

Saying that, there does seem to be a swing away from the typical Beemer. See the 4th gen Camaro's, Slugs DSM (Talon? I dunno), Cam's 'bird, Ecotech powered Miata, my Monte SS. Add a couple CTS's and I like where things are going. 

 

And I predict the 3.6 6 speed CTS will haul the mail. No idea on longevity, not familiar where it's ever been raced, but should be a cool ride.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bandit said:

That 3.6 is a little different than the 255hp version.

 

Saying that, I think it will be just fine.

 

Wonder if 335hp cams will work in there...:rolleyes:

The 335 hp engine is the LGX, related but mostly clean sheet design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mender said:

The 335 hp engine is the LGX, related but mostly clean sheet design.

You know too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Fuel supply

120 liter (31.7 gallons) fuel cell

Sure, go ahead, rub it in ...:rolleyes:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bandit said:

You know too much.

Naw, I forgot most of it. ;)

 

Why remember any more, the internet has everything:

2010 CTS Performance
12625986 - CAMSHAFT CTS; 3.6L H/O; INTAKE; LEFT - $99.53 - $64.67
12625989 - CAMSHAFT CTS; 3.6L H/O; INTAKE; RIGHT - $124.43 - $80.85

12625984 - CAMSHAFT CTS; 3.6L H/O; EXHAUST; LEFT - $99.00 - $64.33
12625988 - CAMSHAFT CTS; 3.6L H/O; EXHAUST; RIGHT - $97.15 - $63.13

 

Specs are 237/238 advertised, 0.425/0.425 lift.

Edited by mender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my 321hp stove isn't a tuned up 3.6 from '05?:D

 

It's not slow. Will leave it at that. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mender said:

Naw, I forgot most of it. ;)

 

Why remember any more, the internet has everything:

2010 CTS Performance
12625986 - CAMSHAFT CTS; 3.6L H/O; INTAKE; LEFT - $99.53 - $64.67
12625989 - CAMSHAFT CTS; 3.6L H/O; INTAKE; RIGHT - $124.43 - $80.85

12625984 - CAMSHAFT CTS; 3.6L H/O; EXHAUST; LEFT - $99.00 - $64.33
12625988 - CAMSHAFT CTS; 3.6L H/O; EXHAUST; RIGHT - $97.15 - $63.13

 

Specs are 237/238 advertised, 0.425/0.425 lift.

Ok. Cams are cheap. 

 

I know 4v is entirely different, but these seem kinda mild. .420 lift?

 

Wish someone made Quad 4 cams 20 years ago. Or now...

 

Who am I kidding? Won't find an SCX again. Nice daily it was. And yes, I shoulda kept it. Pretty sure it got crushed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bandit said:

Ok. Cams are cheap. 

 

I know 4v is entirely different, but these seem kinda mild. .420 lift?

 

Wish someone made Quad 4 cams 20 years ago. Or now...

 

Who am I kidding? Won't find an SCX again. Nice daily it was. And yes, I shoulda kept it. Pretty sure it got crushed.

Some cams are cheap; most cams are still $300 each and 4 of them add up. These would help an early 3.6 a bit but I'm not sure I would bother for the 6-8 hp.

 

4V heads flow very well, lots of curtain area, so they don't need big lift. I flowed a 3.4 Twin Dual Cam head and without porting it was at about 250 cfm on the intake, more than enough for a cylinder that was smaller than a 283's and comparable to many race SBC heads back then.

 

Shame about the SCX, good parts in that one. That drivetrain might have shown up in a Fiero if they had continued it for a couple more years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old bushing and ball joints out and new Revshift polyurethane bushings in. Still waiting on the ACDelco ball joints. 

7731ADAB-A551-4DE1-88B7-138D43038C72.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×