• Announcements

• Bill Strong

BOD Nominations   10/03/2017

Emails have been sent to all current CCWS Members with a link to BOD nominations. Please check your email.   You will need to ask the person you're nominating for their current 2017 CCWS Member Number. Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. You can't nominate yourself either (sorry). All nominations are due by November 3, 2017. To keep from having 574 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify. We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 10, 2017, ballot. Elections are over on December 10, 2017. We will announce the winners on December 13, 2017, and the two winners will take office January 1, 2018. How to get your current CCWS member number. Log into the CCWS event registration system. Your member number will be next to your name on the welcome screen. https://www.chumpcar.com/register/login.php Mike Chisek
      President
      ChumpCar International, Inc.

Have these here already got there 5 ?  If I've been qualified when will I know ? I want my fan bace to pace themselves and not over extend the system.  Will formally announce personal information packet and resume when the dust settles ..This race should be  chumpcast 

Chumpcast interviews and taking callers during the interviews would be entertaining. 

lol...

OK this sounds fun. 

on October 14th we are actually doing a ChumpCast Live roundtable in North Carolina. 

Let me talk to my "crew" to see how we could do a "debate".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

lol...

OK this sounds fun. 

on October 14th we are actually doing a ChumpCast Live roundtable in North Carolina. 

but wait- isn't that the date of the Raleigh area get together?   I think we are still debating where we are meeting- is this what you are going to ChumpCast Live?

8 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

lol...

OK this sounds fun. 

By then we are going to have about 16 nominees with at least 5 votes... how can you possibly have an intelligent debate with 16 candidates? Is that even possible? Is there a precedent for this sort of thing?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, enginerd said:

By then we are going to have about 16 nominees with at least 5 votes... how can you possibly have an intelligent debate with 16 candidates? Is that even possible? Is there a precedent for this sort of thing?

It's time to debate "Free stuff"  aaaaannnnnd GO!

• Haha 1

As of Saturday night, 14 people have garnered at least five or more nominations.  Great names who are all passionate about our club.

Remember, it doesn't matter if you have 5 or 50 nominations.  Once you have been nominated by five people, you are on the November ballot for the board seats election.

Would it be possible to get some bios for the current BOD members? I think it's important that that board have balanced membership and I'm not sure what views may be over/under represented on the board currently. 

Edited by ABR-Glen
  • Like 2

Board bios were one of those projects that Bill and I started and it never got finished.  We will get them posted.

• Like 4

I'm still trying to decide if I want to run... :)

Edited by Justin9

Wow, 14 people. How will I know who to vote for? It would be great if each nominee would answer a couple of standard open-ended questions to get an idea of where they stand. Here's a stab at that.

Q1: Are you more concerned with speed creep or cost creep?

Q2: What is your position on creative engineering? What should be free if you can make it?

Q3: What is your position on how classes should be organized? Should there be just one trophy class or several? Should there be sub-classes with prizes (as displacement is now)? If so, would you organize them differently?

Q4: What is the #1 thing you would change if you could?

3 hours ago, drKorf said:

Wow, 14 people. How will I know who to vote for? It would be great if each nominee would answer a couple of standard open-ended questions to get an idea of where they stand. Here's a stab at that.

Q1: Are you more concerned with speed creep or cost creep?  I'm concerned with both, as a low buck car owner, I don't want to see this turn into a money pit like other forms of racing.  I'm tired of that game, but plus, I guess I'm more amazed by the speed some of these boats have hopefully mine included.

Q2: What is your position on creative engineering? What should be free if you can make it?  I think there is a line in the sand, just because I could make something myself, it needs to be something that can be done in a everyman's garage, so just because you work for a NASA contractor and have a laser CNC.  I don't have one of those, but I have a welder and a Lotos brand plasma cutter.

Q3: What is your position on how classes should be organized? Should there be just one trophy class or several? Should there be sub-classes with prizes (as displacement is now)? If so, would you organize them differently?  I was originally against the class structure, but I get it and I understand the idea.  I think the top 5, now top 3 are top 3 regardless of class, then the next highest class finishers should be the class winner.  Does it need to have a trophy, maybe not, would you rather have a trophy and 100 credits, or $250 in credits and no trophy?  That would be an interesting topic, I'm not sure the cost of the trophies.

Q4: What is the #1 thing you would change if you could?  I'm interested in the name change, I think maybe time has come to grow the name up a bit.  I would also like to make sure we keep this an entry level thing...  I was an entry level road racer..  sure, I had raced stuff before, but my first lap in a Chumper and on a road course was at Road Atlanta in Dec 2012, and now this is the only kind of racing I want.

Furthermore, my daytime job is Manager of a County of 15,000 in Georgia.  I am very familiar with Board meetings, as I am in 3 or 4 each month minimum.  I oversee a $13 million budget, I have 100 employees, I'm certified firefighter, I became one because our County started a fire department 4 years ago and we had no staff with experience.  I am the son of a land surveyor and grandson of a civil engineer, so I'm familiar with roads and construction, I worked on a pair of dirt latemodels through college and high school, raced karts for years, and am currently finishing the build on my second car for Chump.  I'm going from rotary to v8.  I've raced rotaries, lincolns with chevy v8s, inifiniti's with automatics, and m52 swapped BMWs...   I'm a straight forward person who thinks we need to use the rules we have.

Do you think I could represent you?

Edited by Justin9
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, drKorf said:

Q2: What is your position on creative engineering? What should be free if you can make it?

Q3: What is your position on how classes should be organized? Should there be just one trophy class or several? Should there be sub-classes with prizes (as displacement is now)? If so, would you organize them differently?

Love the concept.  Looking for Bill Strong to come out with something more official.

16 hours ago, drKorf said:

Q1: Are you more concerned with speed creep or cost creep?  -  Yes, very much so.  I'd like to see us address this through better enforcement of our rules and giving Tech the tools they need to address and catch cheaters.

Q2: What is your position on creative engineering? What should be free if you can make it?  -  This isn't the job of the BoD.  This is the job of ChumpCar employees, to establish the ruleset for the series.  Personally, I think all modifications should have a value add.. but that's not our ruleset.

Q3: What is your position on how classes should be organized? Should there be just one trophy class or several? Should there be sub-classes with prizes (as displacement is now)? If so, would you organize them differently?  Once again, I don't feel that this is within the job description of what the BoD does.  This is the job of ChumpCar employees.  It's the job of the BoD to instead give the employees the tools they need to make our series better, and if they feel adding classes, awards, or trophies is the way to do that then the BoD needs to help them figure out a way to make it happen.

Q4: What is the #1 thing you would change if you could?  -  Personally, I'd like to see ChumpCar add a few more full time positions so that we can have a more uniform experience from the East Coast through to the West Coast.  For too many years I've felt like I was playing in a different series altogether when I ventured out of the East.

See my answers above.

And, I'd suggest that people seriously interested in not only running for a position on the BoD but those wanting to vote for it check out the ChumpCar bylaws.  There's an entire section dedicated to the roles and tasks of the BoD.  Day to day operations of ChumpCar IS NOT amongst those.

http://chumpcar.com/pdf/ChumpCarBylaws.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^^^^^^^^^ that last part is important. BODs don't run day to day operations.  Let's not have unrealistic expectations for these two roles.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, drKorf said:

I would add one more thing:

Q5: Where do you stand on penalties for endurance related items like Oversized Radiators, Oil (Engine, Tranny & Diff) Coolers, Accusumps and oversized pans.  (Please don't bother explaining how endurance bits help you go faster because you know you can push the car harder.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenbo211 said:

I would add one more thing:

Q5: Where do you stand on penalties for endurance related items like Oversized Radiators, Oil (Engine, Tranny & Diff) Coolers, Accusumps and oversized pans.  (Please don't bother explaining how endurance bits help you go faster because you know you can push the car harder.)

-  I'd let the ChumpCar staff handle it, because it's not the job of the BoD to handle the day to day operations of the series.

11 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

So what is your answer to Q1 ?  Speed or cost?

I assume you're asking me?  Speed creep and rising costs go hand in hand.  You can't be concerned with one without the other (in my opinion)

I think we need more drama on pit lane. Like throwing punches and such. But only when my camera is there. Since you guys want No Contact Videos. 

how-to-cut-snowflakes.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2