1 hour ago, Pee Wee said:

Pleased to say in the last 5 days of racing, or 37 hours on track not one mechanical. All we have done is fuel and drivers for three second place finishes, the seconds I'm not that pleased about. 

What car is this?

9 hours ago, CBraden said:

Hmmm, thanks for the tips. I was thinking the hydramat would make the pickup invincible, but now I'll plan more carefully than I was thinking (just pick one and go was previous thought)

I'm running the 15x3 placed towards the back of a 33x17x9 cell with the return pointed directly at the Hydramat.  I have no problems at all with the Hydramat and was able to get nearly every drop of fuel out of the cell (</=1 gal left).

3 hours ago, turbogrill said:

What shape is your tank? How big is the opening?

Our tank is wide, deep and short. I guess ideally you want it shaped like a box.

You can also run two hydramats to cover more area in your tank, but that was overkill for us. I would just get the 15x15 since that one has the best price point. we had to go with the X design because of wired poop in our tank.  

Don't want to scare you away from the Hydramat, before the hydramat we would have to stop when we had ~9 gallons left in the tank. Now we can go to less than 5. Fixing the return and I think we will not have any issues.

We run a cell that is 24" wide, and of course the "right" one looks like it is $600...

1 minute ago, Bremsen said:

I'm running the 15x3 placed towards the back of a 33x17x9 cell with the return pointed directly at the Hydramat.  I have no problems at all with the Hydramat and was able to get nearly every drop of fuel out of the cell (</=1 gal left).

OK, well that improved my morning considerably. The 15x8 cross is much less expensive and can position it right under the return easily. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1