Wait... I just realized, I have a beer sponsor, so I actually pay zero for my teams beer.  Carry on then, implement beer rules as needed.

5a0dd3079164b_blkmmba-Copy.thumb.jpg.b331c191590ba872369ee66335ad1282.jpg

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Snorman said:

How about a $15 cap on a per case (24) basis with containers not to exceed 16 fluid ounces?

Racers and pit crew are not permitted to consume more than one (1) case in a twenty-four (24) hour period. 

S. 

As long as this $15 cap is the lower limit then it would be OK.  We like the good brews over here.  

Edited by NigelStu

2 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

Not if we save in other areas..... tires be kinda important for racin'. You manage your budget; we'll manage ours. 

So, why have a treadwear limit at all? Since you can change tires in the 5 minute window you only really need your tires to last for one stint right? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MoparBoyy said:

What is cheap to some people may be expensive to others.   This series has become better over the years, attracting more sponsors, and better cars.  Isn't that what everyone wants?  if you want to race a joke of a car, that was built with junkyard parts.  thats what Lemons is for.

Evidently, we have different goals.

Attracting more sponsors and better cars is not what I care about. 

Attracting more people to get into the sport for the first time and increased field count is what I would want. A car doesn't have to be a joke just because it was built on a shoe string budget by people who wanted to try and get into racing.

Bigger sponsors and nicer cars does not automatically equal better racing series.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Not if we save in other areas..... tires be kinda important for racin'. You manage your budget; we'll manage ours. 

What happens if a few teams take that approach and drive off the teams that some view as "fillers"?

The business case of the series is based on crowds, not a few choosing to spend as much as they can.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JBgotM said:

What happens if a few teams take that approach and drive off the teams that some view as "fillers"?

The business case of the series is based on crowds, not a few choosing to spend as much as they can.

Where did I say we spend as much as we can? Stop guessing at things that aren't written. We still have a budget; we won't be driving off anyone. I am just taking exception to one item...like everyone else.  

Can we get back to beer now?

Edited by FlorahDorah

22 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

So, why have a treadwear limit at all? Since you can change tires in the 5 minute window you only really need your tires to last for one stint right? 

Please quit derailing our thread about booze.

45 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

As long as this $15 cap is the lower limit then it would be OK.  We like the good brews over here.  

the caveat in the rule could be, you can spend over $15 per case of beer if you bring enough for everyone.  If you're under that you have to drink it all yourself.  And your pit stall will be far far away from the blue rooms

Just trying to get things back on track.  

3 hours ago, Snorman said:

And that's their prerogative. 

Maybe if they ran Douglas All-Seasons from Walmart it would be acceptable to run two sets per race. :rolleyes:

S. 

I run Douglas tires on my Lemons car. It's fun to run joke tires in a joke series. Seriously, everyone comes out of the car with an ear-to-ear grin. Slippery is fun. And they last for 2 races (30 hours) easily. $40 each. I would love to see a series where Douglas was the spec tire.

• Thanks 1

Arrogant Bastard fits with this crowd. <ducks, runs>

love me some arrogant bastard

kind of reminds me of a teammate....:o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, chip said:

love me some arrogant bastard

kind of reminds me of a teammate....:o

Yeah, but he drives fast so you can put up with it.......   Unless someone decides it is an unfair advantage and passes a rule that limits the amount of arrogance your bastard is allowed to have - then you are SCREWED!!   :lol:

Edited by Racer28173
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

Arrogant Bastard fits with this crowd. <ducks, runs>

Official beer of Pinkies Out

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Official beer of Pinkies Out

image.jpeg

What's with the guy with the water? Fish swim in that stuff....

Was he not worthy?

Edited by FlorahDorah

3 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

Was he not worthy?

Ohhhhhh...he's worthy. He's FAST!!!

Beer may slow him down so he is not allowed to imbibe....

@Huggy is very strict!!!!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, JBgotM said:

Attracting more sponsors and better cars is not what I care about. 

Attracting more people to get into the sport for the first time and increased field count is what I would want. A car doesn't have to be a joke just because it was built on a shoe string budget by people who wanted to try and get into racing.

Except sponsors keep the costs down for the series, therefor making your entrance fees cheaper.

More people come to the sport because we have a good racing series that isn't a joke like Lemons but isn't the full on arms race of WRL or AER.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

Except sponsors keep the costs down for the series, therefor making your entrance fees cheaper.

More people come to the sport because we have a good racing series that isn't a joke like Lemons but isn't the full on arms race of WRL or AER.   

I understand that logic, but it does not really hold up to history. When more sponsorship money comes into a sport, expectations rise and costs go up.

9 hours ago, JBgotM said:

but isn't the full on arms race of WRL or AER.   

There is the little detail of finishing a 7 or 8 hour race that seems to equalize some of that.