Rapido

Practice Race at Barber - 12/07/2017

Moving further south for the next in our series of practice races, this time setting the mood for the upcoming ChampCar round in Alabama at the beautiful Barber Motorsports Park. Session setup is much the same as the previous round, the only changes being a race length of 45 minutes and a rolling start. We are also using a slightly modified baseline setup for the Street Stock that should make the car more comfortable to drive.

Session Details

• Date: Thursday, 07-December-2017
  • Practice Start: 6:00pm EST
  • Qualifying Start: 8:00pm EST
  • Race Start: 9:15pm EST
  • Cars: Street Stock, 2016 Global Mazda Cup
  • Track: Barber Full
  • Weather: iRacing Default
  • Setup: Fixed, Baseline (Miata), Modified Baseline (Street Stock)

Any questions, please let us know in this thread, and we look forward to seeing everyone on track!

• Like 1

Is the Miata going to use the fixed (baseline4.3) setup used last week at VIR? Pitstop needed or not? Looking forward to it, this track has been more fun to test cars on lately then my home track of Summit Point.

I also got a hardline ethernet connection finally so im not racing over wifi (sorry to those last week) so my car shouldnt skip around flicker at all)

Edited by Matt Ragsdale

Was there a software update to iracing over the weekend? I saw some reddit post that suggested there was and when I went to update this morning the server was down. Trying to figure out what time I need to get to my computer to push the update or if I need to for the race tonight

Two updates in the last few days.  Tuesday was the quarterly update including Global Rallycross.  Thursday was a hotfix to patch an issue.  Download times have varied on this update.  You will need to update.

• Like 2

Race was a ton of fun, rolling start way cooler, thanks for that.

Looked like i wasnt the only one who experienced a glitch when pitting for fuel that didnt let me leave the pits afterwords which ended my race. Also, my mic button wasnt working properly? weird.

Anwho, Thanks again for the host and i look forward to next week!

• Like 1

That was awesome. Just setup my fuel black box on my wheel for next time! Had a good battle with you @smithk1 can't wait for next week. Seca?

Edited by Jamie

I was stuck in the pits also.  Just fuel for me, no tires.  Listening to the spotter keep telling me to leave got kind of annoying lol.

Can't wait for next week!

22 hours ago, Jamie said:

That was awesome. Just setup my fuel black box on my wheel for next time! Had a good battle with you @smithk1 can't wait for next week. Seca?

Yeah, had a lot of fun out there.  It was surprising how close the Street Stocks and Miatas were.  Hoping to be there next week.  It's a crazy time of year.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smithk1 said:

Yeah, had a lot of fun out there.  It was surprising how close the Street Stocks and Miatas were.  Hoping to be there next week.  It's a crazy time of year.

Its going to be tight. Probably race home and barely make the race start and once the race is over I’ll head to Seca for the actual race. Could be worse 😀

• Like 1

I will change each fixed setup to force a pitstop for both cars. Because of the relative rates of fueling (and fuel consumption) this is always a hindrance to the street stock, but it does force an extra aspect of strategy and traffic management, much like a real ChampCar race.

Glad I made it in, need some more track time at Barber but I managed to stay out of trouble and finish. 

What tracks are coming up for practice?

Dave