okkustom

OK what happened to your chump car today ?

Installed Optima battery with super cool lexan mount                                                                              

Fill engine ,trans ,@ rear with Red line oils                                                                                             

Install brake pads on Frozen rotors                                                                                                         

VRO  off  fender                                                                                                                                       

added 16 more things on to do list !!

Installed Optima battery with super cool lexan mount

Fill engine ,trans ,@ rear with Red line oils

Install brake pads on Frozen rotors

VRO off fender

added 16 more things on to do list !!

Haha, lexan. And the laps pile on !    LOL                           But seriously it doesn't sound legal ( from a safety point ) for some reason to me ??? Pic ?

Added the taco gusset to the driver door bars in the 535  that I relocated the B-pillar back 10", made them out of 16 gauge. No not mine but I will be driving at Laguna next month. Never had a chance to finish all the details for Mark and Ryan before the Portland race end of Oct. Mark painted the entire cage before I had a chance to put the Tacos on the Pass side, oh well. 

20131127_130816.jpg

Also had some fake dimple plate gussets on the A-pillar, just for show. They only have 3 tacks holding the plates to the A-pillars. I like the look and did not want to add any extra value or get the car bumped because of safety I mean chassis stiffening. 

20131127_170814.jpg

I finished the frame horn gussets to help with some strength after the wall hit the car took at Portland. Frame shop pulled the horns back but did not do anything else to it. A gentle breeze would actually move the frame horn, not now. 

• Like 3

Added the taco gusset to the driver door bars in the 535  that I relocated the B-pillar back 10",

I saw that car at PIR. Nice work. So that's primarily to make it easier to get in and out?

Haha, lexan. And the laps pile on !    LOL                           But seriously it doesn't sound legal ( from a safety point ) for some reason to me ??? Pic ?

No pictures ,still waiting for patent number ...  but if you really want to see it bring yo self to VIR

Drained engine oil, and refilled with Redline

Installed Optima Battery

Flushed brake fluid

buttoned up interior (shift boot, etc)

Greased ball joints and u-joints

nut and bolted the car

Ready for the trailer!

I saw that car at PIR. Nice work. So that's primarily to make it easier to get in and out?

Yeah, I was sitting in the shop looking at the tiny front door and large rear door thinking life would be a whole lot easier doing door bars and getting in and out if it was reversed. Didn't spend a whole lot of time making look pretty just functional. 

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

After relocating b pillar and removing 10" from rear door and welding it in the cut line of the front door. All the latches lined up since I did not mess with them. Plus I think the car looks better. Didn't mess with the passenger side, some see the difference right away. 

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

• Like 10

Yeah, I was sitting in the shop looking at the tiny front door and large rear door thinking life would be a whole lot easier doing door bars and getting in and out if it was reversed. Didn't spend a whole lot of time making look pretty just functional. 

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

After relocating b pillar and removing 10" from rear door and welding it in the cut line of the front door. All the latches lined up since I did not mess with them. Plus I think the car looks better. Didn't mess with the passenger side, some see the difference right away. 

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

it looks like the "4 door" cars that the NASCAR boys run...

• Like 3

I'm still not allowed to turn a wrench anywhere close to the car, or the trailer, or the tow vehicle......   and two of those things belong to me...... :o

so what happened to the other "what did you do to your chumpcar today thread"... 

Wondering the same thing myself.  Maybe it grew to large for whatever system they are using for the forum ?

Wondering the same thing myself.  Maybe it grew to large for whatever system they are using for the forum ?

I think this is the "what happened to your Chumpcar" thread.  the other is the "what did you do to your Chumpcar" thread.

Just speculation though.

I got my brake system fixed, new pads installed. new wheels fitted. No need for wheel spacers now. 

Polished the Lexan windows. 

Today I install the Aim Solo, and build the new trailer awning, then load the race car into the new trailer for the first time.

Then we are ready for VIR.

they may be a pound lighter. but I purchased three sets of them. They are cheap. Plus the way some of you guys bounce off my car, I tend to favor heavier duty than lighter weight. I had some lightweight wheels, but that E30 that hit us and rolled his car into a ball on practice day at Nelson Ledges last year bent one and broke the other. So no more pricey lightweight wheels for me. At least in ChumpCar.

Today I loaded the car into the new trailer. It actually fits!

IMAGE_593.jpg

So no more pricey lightweight wheels for me. At least in ChumpCar.

And somewhere, Mr. Condren is doing his impression of the Irish Sergeant from _Glory_:

"*Now* yer learnin, boyo." :)